Page 50 of 742 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: Wuhan Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Lock them all up. Every one of them is a criminal.
    A couple of them have made excuses that sound legit, but they should all be investigated and locked up if they're guilty.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Burr sold his stocks on Feb 13th, I had already started stocking up on food, water, and toilet paper by that time and I'm just some schmuck with no inside knowledge.

Also NPR claimed Burr's meeting on Feb 27th was some sort of super secret meeting with only the most powerful local business leaders or some shit, it was announced to the public and Burr wasn't even the one who organized or anything he was just a speaker, and there were plenty of regular people there as well, one of which was probably the one who recorded his speech. Also by Feb 27th there had already been over 60 confirmed cases in the US and over 80k in the world, it wasn't exactly a secret by then that shit might get real in the US.

This sounds like a trumped up story by our media in a time of crisis to try and score some political points. Notice how it's only the Republicans who are taking the most (only) heat and calls for investigations and resignations yet Dianne Feinstein gives a one off excuse and everyone is satisfied with her response?

Yup, "Four US" is trending on Twitter.

Of the 5 Senators accused of selling stocks with inside knowledge go ahead and guess which one is not being slandered all over Twitter right now? Go on, you get exactly 1 guess.

Here is a list in case you need a hint:

Ron Johnson (R)
    Jim Inhofe (R)
    Richard Burr (R)
    Kelly Loefner (R)
    Dianne Feinstein (D)

Which is funny because Loefner gave THE EXACT EXCUSE Feinstein did, which is she isn't even involved in the buying and selling of stocks and has someone else manage those decisions for her, only thing is Feinstein's excuse is even more pathetic because she's claiming her husband makes those decisions and she has nothing to do with it, which is about the dumbest excuse I can think of right now.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-20-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yup, "Four US" is trending on Twitter.

Of the 5 Senators accused of selling stocks with inside knowledge go ahead and guess which one is not being slandered all over Twitter right now? Go on, you get exactly 1 guess.

Here is a list in case you need a hint:

Ron Johnson (R)
    Jim Inhofe (R)
    Richard Burr (R)
    Kelly Loefner (R)
    Dianne Feinstein (D)

Which is funny because Loefner gave THE EXACT EXCUSE Feinstein did, which is she isn't even involved in the buying and selling of stocks and has someone else manage those decisions for her.
    Actually Feinstein said hers are held in blind trust.

Loefner excuse was that she had nothing to do with her husband's stocks, and that the trades are made by third parties. Mine are made by third parties too: I call up the third party and they make the trade.

I don't completely buy that blind trust are completely blind either to be honest. All of them should be investigated. If they did something wrong there will probably be plenty of evidence. The big question is whether or not Congress will protect their own or not.

By the way, the same thing only worse happened around the 1929 stock market crash.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Actually Feinstein said hers are held in blind trust.
    That her husband manages.

Loefner excuse was that she had nothing to do with her husband's stocks, and that the trades are made by third parties.
    You have this backwards, I'm sure it's just an innocent mistake though. Loefner is the one who said she has third party advisors who make these decisions for her, Feinstein is the one claiming she has nothing to do with her husband's stocks. Because you know if Feinstein did have insider knowledge it would have been impossible for her to tell her husband of said knowledge so he could sell some stocks.

Also Loefner is worth like half a billion dollars, a lot of people that wealthy have a team of professionals who handle their stocks and investments so it's not totally crazy to think she's telling the truth on this.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-20-2020 at 10:59 AM.

I'm not saying they are all for sure 100% innocent, I'm just saying what proof do we have so far of insider trading? Because NPR and The Daily Beast of all publications said so?

Burr, the face of this whole thing, sold his stocks on Feb 13th, that wasn't exactly at a time when no one knew what was happening in the world. Like I said I had already started stocking up on food, water, and toilet paper by this time, I don't find it completely unreasonable that a senator thought shit could get bad and decided to sell his stocks just in case, I'm sure a lot of people had the same feeling around that time.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-20-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Burr has apparently asked the chairman of the Senate ethics committee to open an investigation into his selling of stock so I guess we will find out some day.

That her husband manages.

You have this backwards, I'm sure it's just an innocent mistake though. Loefner is the one who said she has third party advisors who make these decisions for her, Feinstein is the one claiming she has nothing to do with her husband's stocks. Because you know if Feinstein did have insider knowledge it would have been impossible for her to tell her husband of said knowledge so he could sell some stocks.

Also Loefner is worth like half a billion dollars, a lot of people that wealthy have a team of professionals who handle their stocks and investments so it's not totally crazy to think she's telling the truth on this.
    Pretty sure Feinstein is the one claiming her stocks are in a blind trust. Not sure about her husband's. Loeffler is making the third parties take care of it all claim. I'm pretty comfortable investigating all of them.

As for Burr and his meeting, it was The Tarheel Club, entry cost $10,000. I don't think we can equate that with "open to the public." February 13th was over 2 weeks was way before the public realized how bad this was. I think he's guilty as hell.

Pretty sure Feinstein is the one claiming her stocks are in a blind trust.
    I guess you could be right, her office's statement is kind of confusing on this:

“All of Senator Feinstein’s assets are in a blind trust,” a spokesman, Tom Mentzer, said in a statement. “She has no involvement in her husband’s financial decisions.”
    This makes it sound like her husband is the one who manages her trust, but I suppose these could be two different statements; HER stocks are in a blind trust and her husband also has stocks in his name that she has no control over, except if she really did have insider knowledge she could have easily told her husband and he could have sold his stocks based on said information.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-20-2020 at 11:41 AM.

I guess you could be right, her office's statement is kind of confusing on this:

This makes it sound like her husband is the one who manages her trust, but I suppose these could be two different statements; HER stocks are in a blind trust and her husband also has stocks in his name that she has no control over, except if she really did have insider knowledge she could have easily told her husband and he could have sold his stocks based on said information.
    That's how I read it, hers are in trust, he manages his own. Which makes zero legal sense and sounds totally exploitable.

Loeffler doesn't get a pass because of 3rd party management either. But Burr is the one that looks really bad.

Investigate them all, throw the book at the guilty.