Page 85 of 744 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185585 ... LastLast

Thread: Wuhan Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Yup. A friend works for an insurance company and 3 weeks ago when this all started, they made a huge ass purchase for home office equipment and almost all of their employees are currently working from home.

When this gets back up and running, I imagine that they will continue to work from home.
    I work for one of the big 4 insurance companies and yeah, they did an survey of people's internet at home on the 11th, on the 13th they announced they would be sending people that could, home to work, on the morning of the 16th they had a truck unloading computer equipment and so on and were sending people home. By the morning of the 18th they had many thousands (something like 10K+) of employees nation wide working at home. On the 20th, they issued the statement that unless you got an authorization from your manager, you were required to work at home for the duration. I imagine you are right, the only issue I see is dealing with my cat, some boredom and being even more of a hermit.

The commute is nice though and I know the bathroom is clean, someone hasn't tried to stuff a whole industrial roll of TP or a box of those seat covers down it and the sink isn't surrounded by liquid of indeterminate (assuming soapy water but . . .) origin.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

2. Default

I don't get why people are so fucking invested in either a) saying reports are fake news/overblown or b) saying reports are under reported and we all gonna die.

Like... just let the numbers speak for themselves?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I don't get why people are so fucking invested in either a) saying reports are fake news/overblown or b) saying reports are under reported and we all gonna die.

Can’t always rely on the number. Especially if they are coming out of China or Russia.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

4. Default

Seriously though, I have a company laptop, permission to bring home two 24" monitors and the dock, and I still fucking hate working from home.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Please note to Archigeek et al, the following is based on information WE HAVE AS OF TODAY. It could change tomorrow, next week, next month, or even a year+ from now.

So far the numbers show many countries are severely overreacting to this.

With the US now being the leader in testing for this virus we can see just how widespread the virus is. Either the US just happens to be the most unlucky country in the world and somehow managed to get the most number of cases, or the US has proven how widespread this virus actually is worldwide.

So unless the US just happens to have tested 90%+ of the total people infected in the US, which is highly unlikely, then this virus is already everywhere yet the number of deaths hasn't even come close to what the flu manages to do each and every single year. The number of deaths in the US alone hasn't even come close to the number of deaths from H1N1, and that didn't require entire countries shutting down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Please note to Archigeek et al, the following is based on information WE HAVE AS OF TODAY. It could change tomorrow, next week, next month, or even a year+ from now.

So far the numbers show many countries are severely overreacting to this.

With the US now being the leader in testing for this virus we can see just how widespread the virus is. Either the US just happens to be the most unlucky country in the world and somehow managed to get the most number of cases, or the US has proven how widespread this virus actually is worldwide.

So unless the US just happens to have tested 90%+ of the total people infected in the US, which is highly unlikely, then this virus is already everywhere yet the number of deaths hasn't even come close to what the flu manages to do each and every single year. The number of deaths in the US alone hasn't even come close to the number of deaths from H1N1, and that didn't require entire countries shutting down.
    Also no matter what the numbers show as of today, everyone should still practice social distancing, washing your hands frequently, and avoid touching your face whenever possible, the last two things people should be doing forever even when we're not in a crisis.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-26-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Hallelujah

Because a month ago, we didn't have the actual numbers. We had to rely on projections that the media was using from questionable sources that have been proven, as of right now, to be way overblown. It was those projections that were used to determine public policy.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    With the US now being the leader in testing for this virus
    Source for this? I can't find one, and the sources I see all refer to the US in like 77th place in terms of testing. Well, I didn't actually count to 77, but France is doing 1.75x what the US is doing, on a lot of these. South Korea over 6K per million population test rate, US 313 per million population test rate. I need better data!

And what the actual hell is this about deploying military forces ...

to the US / Canadian border?!