Page 534 of 744 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584634 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 7436

Thread: Wuhan Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    You hit on something there. Its alarming you would suggest the people in power that you support don't give a fuck about the majority of their fellow citizens. But its not just me they don't give a fuck about. Its their supporters too.

Thats exactly the problem with the republican leadership. They are about party and power over America and its citizens.
    It's funny because you think democrats give the first fuck about you.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    It's funny because you think politicians give the first fuck about you.
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

You hit on something there. Its alarming you would suggest the people in power that you support don't give a fuck about the majority of their fellow citizens. But its not just me they don't give a fuck about. Its their supporters too.

Thats exactly the problem with the republican leadership. They are about party and power over America and its citizens.
    And you honestly believe the Democrats are about America and it's citizens above party and power... don't you?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

So apparently, with no fanfare and very hush hush, the AMA rescinded it's guidance against hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for the treatment of Covid 19. Of course it was covered up because it would have vindicated Trump's position early on. And of course it condemns the establishment as complicit in the deaths of uncounted numbers of people that might could have been saved with treatment.

Election tampering anyone?

And here is the source, from the AMA themselves, page 18. https://www.ama-assn.org/system/file...k-addendum.pdf
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    So apparently, with no fanfare and very hush hush, the AMA rescinded it's guidance against hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for the treatment of Covid 19. Of course it was covered up because it would have vindicated Trump's position early on. And of course it condemns the establishment as complicit in the deaths of uncounted numbers of people that might could have been saved with treatment.

Election tampering anyone?

And here is the source, from the AMA themselves, page 18. https://www.ama-assn.org/system/file...k-addendum.pdf
    They don't care. They're so beholden to "party" they could give two shits. Wish was overseas sometimes to be able to do what needs to be done. But we're in a "civilized" society.

YouTube has suspended Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky from uploading content for one week after he posted a video claiming most masks are ineffective in combatting COVID-19, making him the second GOP lawmaker this week to be disciplined by a social media platform for misinformation.

Public health experts have said masks, even cloth masks, which Paul took particular issue with, offer protection against COVID-19 transmission, which in turn prevents infection. But Paul claimed in the video, "cloth masks don’t work," and that most over-the-counter masks “don’t prevent infection,” according to YouTube, which it said violated its policies against spreading COVID-19 medical misinformation.

More...

This is a good time for me to remind everybody that when the virus first started in the United States, Dr. Fauci and other Trump administration officials tried to say that only medical professionals needed masks, but I told you all very clearly from the very beginning that you should go out right then and buy masks before they sold out at the stores.

Nassim Taleb, the Black Swan guy, has been tweeting about mask effectiveness recently. The short version is that he agrees with me that of course masks help. To think otherwise is to abandon common sense.

I like Taleb's take on the libertarian argument..

“Libertarians” (in brackets) are resisting mask wearing on grounds that it constrains their freedom. Yet the entire concept of liberty lies in the Non-Aggression Principle, the equivalent of the Silver Rule: do not harm others; they in turn should not harm you. Even more insulting is the demand by pseudolibertarians that Costco should banned from forcing customers to wear mask — but libertarianism allows you to set the rules on your own property. Costco should be able to force visitors to wear pink shirts and purple glasses if they wished.

Note that by infecting another person you are not infecting just another person. You are infecting many many more and causing systemic risk.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy is selling his supporters T-shirts emblazoned with the word “moron” in a gesture of “patriotic” defiance – the latest in a series of clothing-related stunts by Republicans opposing mask mandates.

The shirt was created in response to a derogatory remark from Nancy Pelosi. Asked by a reporter what she thought of Mr McCarthy’s claim that the House of Representatives’ mask mandate was unscientific, she replied: “Such a moron.”

The T-shirt is an effort to take this remark and throw it back at Ms Pelosi and pro-mask Democrats (and others) who insist that wearing masks in accordance with CDC guidelines can help the US beat back a resurgence in Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations.

“Mor-on,” the shirt reads in dictionary style, “A term coined by Nancy Pelosi referring to freedom-loving Americans who oppose mask mandates.” But because the word “moron” is disproportionately large, some of the intended effect is lost, and not to the wearer’s benefit.

The shirt is not the first anti-mask item to draw unwanted ridicule, including in the House of Representatives. Shortly after the January insurrection at the US Capitol, extremist GOP Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene wore a mask reading “CENSORED” while she spoke into a microphone in the House chamber during a session broadcast on live TV.

More...
    Seems like poor timing.

Delta Air Lines said Wednesday that it will require employees to be vaccinated against the coronavirus or face the alternative of weekly testing and a $200 monthly surcharge for health insurance.

More...
    Delta is the latest big employer to push workers to get immunized, an approach that is gathering steam after the FDA approval and President Biden’s call for corporations to institute mandates. CVS Health, Deloitte and Walt Disney are among companies that have added vaccine requirements for workers.
    This is discrimination! They know that the employees without vaccinations are Trump voters. Why aren't they making Biden voters to pay extra if they haven't been dewormed? Have they even considered how bad things could get if there was an outbreak of worms on a flight? Everybody strap in. I'm about to open some ... windows.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    This is discrimination! They know that the employees without vaccinations are Trump voters. Why aren't they making Biden voters to pay extra if they haven't been dewormed? Have they even considered how bad things could get if there was an outbreak of worms on a flight? Everybody strap in. I'm about to open some ... windows.
    They'll probably have to drop the $200 surcharge. They can fire people for refusing the vaccine though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    This is a good time for me to remind everybody that when the virus first started in the United States, Dr. Fauci and other Trump administration officials tried to say that only medical professionals needed masks, but I told you all very clearly from the very beginning that you should go out right then and buy masks before they sold out at the stores.

Nassim Taleb, the Black Swan guy, has been tweeting about mask effectiveness recently. The short version is that he agrees with me that of course masks help. To think otherwise is to abandon common sense.

I like Taleb's take on the libertarian argument..

Danish mask study would like to have a word with you, surgical cotton masks are not that effective, cloth masks do next to nothing and then we can get into how most people don’t even wear masks correctly by creating a proper seal so again they are doing nothing.