Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Rising left wing violence

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Which in no way changes the fact that the original group that took that name committed the Armenian Genocide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Turks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

The fact that some Republicans in the early 60's used the name in no way legitimizes it's use or clears it of being attached to some pretty horrible pieces of human filth in the early 1900's much as it is today though the only "-cide" Cenk Uygur ever committed is mass murder of Turkish Delight and English grammar.
    But conveniently left out ala Fox News Style.

Quote Originally Posted by Annahlee View Post
    For party who calls Nazis "very fine people", opened up concentration camps on our border, and isn't totally sold on the whole Holocaust thing, Republicans are weirdly confident about their appeal to Jewish voters.
    Fuck off MacGuyver.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Who?
    You say the same thing every.single.time...

Dude, change it up once in a while.

Also, care to address the content of my response to your ignorant statement or are you just gonna let that slide?
    When you compare detention centers on the southern border to a Nazi concentration camp.. you've already lost the battle.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Who? Also, care to address the content of my response to your ignorant statement or are you just gonna let that slide?
    Oh, so it is sellstuff1.

Either way your account will be pwned within a few days.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Some Rogue View Post
    I know I know, you're a big fucking tool that ignores everything Republicans do so I won't bother you in your echo chamber.
    You kind of just proved his point though.

According to Cenk Uygur, the name of the show was chosen because it is a popular colloquialism.[73] According to the American Heritage Dictionary, one definition of a Young Turk is "a young progressive or insurgent member of an institution, movement, or political party."[74][75] The name was earlier used by a rebellious group of Congressmen within the Republican Party, of which Gerald Ford was a prominent member, who had become disenchanted with the course of the Party during the early 1960s as well as other political groups around the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Which in no way changes the fact that the original group that took that name committed the Armenian Genocide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Turks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

The fact that some Republicans in the early 60's used the name in no way legitimizes it's use or clears it of being attached to some pretty horrible pieces of human filth in the early 1900's much as it is today though the only "-cide" Cenk Uygur ever committed is mass murder of Turkish Delight and English grammar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You're telling me the guy who named his company after a group that tried to commit genocide didn't admit he named his company after a group that tried to commit genocide?

These are the only Turks that matter, you heathens.

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Yep, Sellstuff1 confirmed.

When he gets the ban again it'll be funny. Because this'll be like, the 3rd time he's been ousted.

I'm sorry that you were triggered infinitely by someone here a few decades ago, but no, sorry, you've got the wrong gal.

With that out of the way, Andrea Pitzer, author of One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps considers concentration camps to have one major similar feature among all of them in recorded history: mass detention of civilians without trial. Can we agree that this is occuring in ICE detention facilities?

Waitman Wade Beorn, a Holocaust and genocide studies historian and a lecturer at the University of Virginia expands on this basic definition: "Things can be concentration camps without being Dachau or Auschwitz. Concentration camps in general have always been designed—at the most basic level—to separate one group of people from another group. Usually, because the majority group, or the creators of the camp, deem the people they're putting in it to be dangerous or undesirable in some way."

Concentration camps aren't death camps from the start. Very rarely have concentration camps killed the people that they round up at the start. The first deaths in concentration camps are due to a lack of supplies, insufficient resources, and deteriorating conditions.

To date, 24 adults have died in ICE custody since Trump took the reigns. 6 children have died under the "care" of other agencies. If you present yourself at the border seeking asylum, you have a legal right to a hearing under domestic and international law. They are, in another formulation, refugees—civilian non-combatants who have not committed a crime, and who say they are fleeing violence and persecution. Yet these human beings, who mostly hail from Central America's Northern Triangle of Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador—a region ravaged by gang violence and poverty and corruption and what increasingly appears to be some of the first forced migrations due to climate change—are being detained on what increasingly seems to be an indefinite basis.

Meanwhile, the Trump administration continually seeks new ways to stop people from applying for asylum, and to discourage others from attempting to. The current regime has sought to restrict the asylum criteria to exclude the exact issues, like gang or domestic violence, that these desperate people often cite for why they fled their homes. The administration has sought to introduce application fees and work-permit restraints. They have tried to prohibit migrants from seeking asylum "if they have resided in a country other than their own before coming to the U.S.," which would essentially eliminate anyone who traveled to the border through Mexico. Much of this has been struck down in federal court.

But most prominently, Trump's Department of Homeland Security has used "metering" at the border, where migrants are forced to wait for days or weeks on the Mexican side—often sleeping in makeshift shelters or fully exposed to the elements—until they are allowed across border checkpoints to make their asylum claims and be processed.

There are no guarantees on how long migrants will have to wait, and so they've increasingly turned to crossing illegally between checkpoints—which constitutes "illegal entry," a misdemeanor—in order to present themselves for asylum. This criminalizes them, and the Trump administration tried to make illegal entry a disqualifier for asylum claims. The overall effort appears to be to make it as difficult as possible to get a hearing to adjudicate those claims, raising the specter that people can be detained longer or indefinitely.

All this has been achieved through two mechanisms: militarization and dehumanization. These kinds of detention camps are a military endeavor: they are defensible in wartime, when enemy combatants must be detained, often for long periods without trial. They were a hallmark of World War I Europe. But inserting them into civil society, and using them to house civilians, is a materially different proposition. You are revoking the human and civil rights of non-combatants without legal justification.

Jonathan Hyslop, author of "The Invention of the Concentration Camp: Cuba, Southern Africa and the Philippines, 1896–1907," says "That all four of the early instances—Americans in the Philippines, Spanish in Cuba, and British in South Africa, and Germans in Southwest Africa—they're all essentially overriding any sense of rights of the civilian population. And the idea is that you're able to suspend normal law because it's a war situation."

This pairs well with the rhetoric that Trump deploys to justify the system and his unconstitutional power grabs, like the phony "national emergency": he describes the influx of asylum-seekers and other migrants as an "invasion," language his allies are mirroring with increasing extremism. If you're defending yourself from an invasion, anything is defensible.

That goes hand-in-hand with the strategy of dehumanization. For decades, the right has referred to undocumented immigrants as "illegals," stripping them of any identity beyond an immigration status. Trump kicked off his formal political career by characterizing Hispanic immigrants as "rapists" and "drug-dealers" and "criminals," never once sharing, say, the story of a woman who came here with her son fleeing a gang's threats. It is always MS-13 and strong, scary young men. There's talk of "animals" and monsters, and suddenly anything is justifiable. In fact, it must be done. Trump's supporters have noticed. At a recent rally, someone in the crowd screamed out that people arriving at the border should be shot. In response, the president cracked a "joke."

So, while you may believe that you are more knowledgeable than the three PHDs' that I just sourced on the topic of concentration camps, you're dangerously ignorant and wrong.
    I wanted to make sure I had this quoted before I left for an appointment, in case you are banned again prior to me getting back to read it.

Also: You've claimed you were a girl before. Like I said, try something new, Anal Lee.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

I'm sorry that you were triggered infinitely by someone here a few decades ago, but no, sorry, you've got the wrong gal.

With that out of the way, Andrea Pitzer, author of One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps considers concentration camps to have one major similar feature among all of them in recorded history: mass detention of civilians without trial. Can we agree that this is occuring in ICE detention facilities?

Waitman Wade Beorn, a Holocaust and genocide studies historian and a lecturer at the University of Virginia expands on this basic definition: "Things can be concentration camps without being Dachau or Auschwitz. Concentration camps in general have always been designed—at the most basic level—to separate one group of people from another group. Usually, because the majority group, or the creators of the camp, deem the people they're putting in it to be dangerous or undesirable in some way."

Concentration camps aren't death camps from the start. Very rarely have concentration camps killed the people that they round up at the start. The first deaths in concentration camps are due to a lack of supplies, insufficient resources, and deteriorating conditions.

To date, 24 adults have died in ICE custody since Trump took the reigns. 6 children have died under the "care" of other agencies. If you present yourself at the border seeking asylum, you have a legal right to a hearing under domestic and international law. They are, in another formulation, refugees—civilian non-combatants who have not committed a crime, and who say they are fleeing violence and persecution. Yet these human beings, who mostly hail from Central America's Northern Triangle of Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador—a region ravaged by gang violence and poverty and corruption and what increasingly appears to be some of the first forced migrations due to climate change—are being detained on what increasingly seems to be an indefinite basis.

Meanwhile, the Trump administration continually seeks new ways to stop people from applying for asylum, and to discourage others from attempting to. The current regime has sought to restrict the asylum criteria to exclude the exact issues, like gang or domestic violence, that these desperate people often cite for why they fled their homes. The administration has sought to introduce application fees and work-permit restraints. They have tried to prohibit migrants from seeking asylum "if they have resided in a country other than their own before coming to the U.S.," which would essentially eliminate anyone who traveled to the border through Mexico. Much of this has been struck down in federal court.

But most prominently, Trump's Department of Homeland Security has used "metering" at the border, where migrants are forced to wait for days or weeks on the Mexican side—often sleeping in makeshift shelters or fully exposed to the elements—until they are allowed across border checkpoints to make their asylum claims and be processed.

There are no guarantees on how long migrants will have to wait, and so they've increasingly turned to crossing illegally between checkpoints—which constitutes "illegal entry," a misdemeanor—in order to present themselves for asylum. This criminalizes them, and the Trump administration tried to make illegal entry a disqualifier for asylum claims. The overall effort appears to be to make it as difficult as possible to get a hearing to adjudicate those claims, raising the specter that people can be detained longer or indefinitely.

All this has been achieved through two mechanisms: militarization and dehumanization. These kinds of detention camps are a military endeavor: they are defensible in wartime, when enemy combatants must be detained, often for long periods without trial. They were a hallmark of World War I Europe. But inserting them into civil society, and using them to house civilians, is a materially different proposition. You are revoking the human and civil rights of non-combatants without legal justification.

Jonathan Hyslop, author of "The Invention of the Concentration Camp: Cuba, Southern Africa and the Philippines, 1896–1907," says "That all four of the early instances—Americans in the Philippines, Spanish in Cuba, and British in South Africa, and Germans in Southwest Africa—they're all essentially overriding any sense of rights of the civilian population. And the idea is that you're able to suspend normal law because it's a war situation."

This pairs well with the rhetoric that Trump deploys to justify the system and his unconstitutional power grabs, like the phony "national emergency": he describes the influx of asylum-seekers and other migrants as an "invasion," language his allies are mirroring with increasing extremism. If you're defending yourself from an invasion, anything is defensible.

That goes hand-in-hand with the strategy of dehumanization. For decades, the right has referred to undocumented immigrants as "illegals," stripping them of any identity beyond an immigration status. Trump kicked off his formal political career by characterizing Hispanic immigrants as "rapists" and "drug-dealers" and "criminals," never once sharing, say, the story of a woman who came here with her son fleeing a gang's threats. It is always MS-13 and strong, scary young men. There's talk of "animals" and monsters, and suddenly anything is justifiable. In fact, it must be done. Trump's supporters have noticed. At a recent rally, someone in the crowd screamed out that people arriving at the border should be shot. In response, the president cracked a "joke."

So, while you may believe that you are more knowledgeable than the three PHDs' that I just sourced on the topic of concentration camps, you're dangerously ignorant and wrong.
    TR;DR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    You kind of just proved his point though.

Except not. He tried to make it seem like these unholy heathens from the depths of hell use this name as some slur when there was an alternate meaning and has been used several times in the past by different groups. But those were fine people from the other side. :P

And off topic, did you see that Lemon Party that was in the news? Happened in the woods with 5 dudes and an 85 year old woman. PB probably could have gotten you an invite!

Except not. He tried to make it seem like these unholy heathens from the depths of hell use this name as some slur when there was an alternate meaning and has been used several times in the past by different groups. But those were fine people from the other side. :P
    Except the post was primarily about what they were saying, and not the origin of their name. Which doesn't matter since you proceeded to ignore both anyway and instead respond to his post exactly like he said you would...

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Cenk Uygur's nephew, who also works for The Young Turks (a far left leaning "news" organization that named itself after a group that tried to commit genocide), says America deserved 9/11 and said Dan Crenshaw (a military vet and current US congressman) lost his eye in combat by a "brave fucking soldier." That "brave fucking soldier" of course being a terrorist.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/50893...-prestigiacomo

I know I know, Some Rogue, I'm sure a Republican did something similar or some other bullshit you want to deflect to.
    I know I know, you're a big fucking tool that ignores everything Republicans do so I won't bother you in your echo chamber.
    ^

And off topic, did you see that Lemon Party that was in the news? Happened in the woods with 5 dudes and an 85 year old woman. PB probably could have gotten you an invite!
    Your grandma had already sent me an invite herself, but I had to work that day so I couldn't make it.

I was curious what getting head is like when they take their dentures out too.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-22-2019 at 12:04 PM.