Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official : Item Loss Updates!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    If Simu weren't retarded they'd let you opt into the new mechanic with registration. But Simu is run by fucking morons so, here we are.
    That would defeat the purpose of the system. This system wasn't implemented for your benefit, which explains why it appears almost completely functional on release. It was implemented because every time someone loses something valuable, they assist, and then get referred, so it takes both GM and SGM time to find lost items now that larger quantities of said items have thousands of dollars invested in them. If you lost your $2000 broadsword prior, if the janitor picked it up, maybe that GM/SGM referral can do something. If another player picked it up, you've now just lost $2000 that was paid directly to the company in a game that doesn't otherwise allow people to loot each other. This system eases GM effort and prevents upset whales.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    That would defeat the purpose of the system. This system wasn't implemented for your benefit, which explains why it appears almost completely functional on release. It was implemented because every time someone loses something valuable, they assist, and then get referred, so it takes both GM and SGM time to find lost items now that larger quantities of said items have thousands of dollars invested in them. If you lost your $2000 broadsword prior, if the janitor picked it up, maybe that GM/SGM referral can do something. If another player picked it up, you've now just lost $2000 that was paid directly to the company in a game that doesn't otherwise allow people to loot each other. This system eases GM effort and prevents upset whales.
    If you aren't registering your $2000 broadsword, you deserve to lose it because you're fucking stupid. Registration means that item is yours. It gets scooped up, the person that scoops it up should be immediately alerted via Registration who that item belongs to. If they took things a step forward and were smart about it, they'd make registered items unsaleable and/or untradeable except to the person who registers it.

But no, Simu is fucking retarded and can't figure out basic functionality. Way to stick up for their bad choices though, Flimboi. Seriously, this is one of the easiest, most basic type of mechanics you could come up with and they can't even do that correctly. They gotta make roundabout bullshit faggotry their norm and cunts just 'OH WELL THEY DID IT LIKE THIS FOR REASONS'.
    Last edited by Astray; 08-02-2019 at 01:51 PM.

If you aren't registering your $2000 broadsword, you deserve to lose it because you're fucking stupid. Registration means that item is yours. It gets scooped up, the person that scoops it up should be immediately alerted via Registration who that item belongs to. If they took things a step forward and were smart about it, they'd make registered items unsaleable and/or untradeable except to the person who registers it.

But no, Simu is fucking retarded and can't figure out basic functionality. Way to stick up for their bad choices though, Flimboi. Seriously, this is one of the easiest, most basic type of mechanics you could come up with and they can't even do that correctly. They gotta make roundabout bullshit faggotry their norm and cunts just 'OH WELL THEY DID IT LIKE THIS FOR REASONS'.
    That's not how item registration works.

That's how it should work, but it doesn't. They specifically tell you when you register an item that it isn't proof of ownership. It's mainly to make replacing the item much easier if it's lost for real.

But pretty much everything in Stumplicker's post is wrong too if he for real thinks this is due to GMs not wanting to deal with assists instead of realizing that having permanent item loss mechanics in a P2W game is trash as fuck and people were pissed.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

4. Default

I didn't say I agreed with their choice. I told you why they made it. And no. If you lose an item to disarm and it's picked up by another player, they will tell you the janitor didn't get it, that another player did, and there's nothing they can do about it. They won't even tell you who the player is that has it.

You get as mad as you want about it, though.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    But pretty much everything in Stumplicker's post is wrong too if he for real thinks this is due to GMs not wanting to deal with assists instead of realizing that having permanent item loss mechanics in a P2W game is trash as fuck and people were pissed.
    Golly, if only I'd mentioned that in my post. Oh wait, I did. You just didn't bother to read it.

I didn't say I agreed with their choice. I told you why they made it. And no. If you lose an item to disarm and it's picked up by another player, they will tell you the janitor didn't get it, that another player did, and there's nothing they can do about it. They won't even tell you who the player is that has it.

You get as mad as you want about it, though.
    I'm not mad, that's just how I post. They could have made simple changes to the registration mechanic and been fine. Hell they could've made it ingame friendly and made it so the Advguild would use the silvers to pay people for turning in the weapon to the guild. Maybe get a little message when someone does turn in the weapon. But nah, we got this ultra retarded shit mechanic that Wyrom shit out into his pants and slapped into the game.

Also, you're gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    That's not how item registration works.

That's how it should work, but it doesn't. They specifically tell you when you register an item that it isn't proof of ownership. It's mainly to make replacing the item much easier if it's lost for real.

I'm aware that's not how it works but literally a five second shower thought and I'm already too qualified to work for Simu.

If you lose an item to disarm and it's picked up by another player, they will tell you the janitor didn't get it, that another player did, and there's nothing they can do about it.
    That's not entirely true, I found a Sephwir longbow in OTF a few months ago within minutes of finding it I received a screenfull of yellow text spam with the message "There's something in your inventory that doesn't belong to you" repeated over and over until it filled up the page.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    That's not entirely true, I found a Sephwir longbow in OTF a few months ago within minutes of finding it I received a screenfull of yellow text spam with the message "There's something in your inventory that doesn't belong to you" repeated over and over until it filled up the page.
    Probably belonged to a gm alt

REPORT It's mine now!!!1
    Last edited by Taernath; 08-02-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Well, that's a pretty shitty way for them to do something too, but it's not what they're instructed to do. It was likely a GM's character's item.