Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: Magic Item Updates

Blog Entries

Default Official: Magic Item Updates

Quote Originally Posted by GM Viduus
    Various magic items and systems have had some improvements. The following items were impacted.

New System
    Generic MIU/Scroll CS
    A new system has been added for Magic Items and Scrolls to allow additional CS and Maneuver bonuses for those skilled in the appropriate skill. Activating a CS spell from a Magic Item or Scroll will now grant a CS bonus similar to spell ranks using the following formula.
    .75 CS per rank up to level
    .5 CS per rank up to 2x level
    .33 CS per rank over 2x level

Maneuver bonuses are sphere/spell specific but generally following the following pattern
    .5 per rank up to level
    .33 per rank up to 2x level
    .1 per rank over 2x level

Note: Semi spell bonuses are halved.

As an additional note elemental and sorcerer spells are granted an additional bonus when wearing 1711 similar to that of 425. The calculation used is the same formula as 425 (25 bonus at 25 ranks and an additional bonus point up to a max of 50 at 75 ranks). This bonus is in additional to the base +10 CS granted by the base spell.

Items
    Magic items/scrolls have had the following updates.
    -Gold rings location settings are now detectable via. 405.
    -Bronze Squares (1718 - V'tull's fury) can now be activated from containers. This update addresses some issues weapon users had with needing to hold the square in the offhand to activate.

Misc. Notes
    The mana verb has been updated with enhancive values to bring it in line with the other stats-related commands.
    The messaging for 520 (Mage Armor) has had some updates to its messaging to help casters keep track of which elemental aspect is currently active. Spell Active has also been updated to reflect the current element in use.

Viduus

This message was originally posted in Magic Spells/Systems, Magic Systems. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/224/2480/view/1458
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Wait... so quartz orbs now give +60 CS?!
    Last edited by drauz; 08-08-2017 at 11:52 PM.

The messaging for 520 (Mage Armor) has had some updates to its messaging to help casters keep track of which elemental aspect is currently active. Spell Active has also been updated to reflect the current element in use.
    If you find 520 now missing from Spell Active, re-casting it with a specific element seemed to fix it for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Estild

Quote Originally Posted by KARDIOS
    Force Projection (1207) is an offensive maneuver spell (sort of like a single-target e-wave) that increases in effectiveness based on MnM spell ranks. I think that’s the sort of spell to which this update applies. It might also apply to Spike Thorn (616), Call Wind (912) and Grasp of the Grave (709). All three of those spells have an instantaneous effect, but all three also have the possibility for lingering effects. There is a runestaff somewhere, which has been sold several times, that casts Spoke Thorn. I assume that even with 202 MIU ranks a Cleric would never be as good at Spike Thorn as a Ranger.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ROLFARD
    Ok, so the only spells affected are elemental and sorcerer spells that are immediate and CS based? And only when using 1711?

No. It affects offensive warding and maneuver spells when activated from magical items or scrolls. If said spell is also elemental in nature, 1711 will provide an additional boost (since ETD is calculated with the assumption 425 is active on elemental casters, said bonus also only applies if 425 is not active itself).
    GameMaster Estild
    Nice.
    Last edited by Fallen; 08-09-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Since when has 616 had lingering effects?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

So wait, if I am trained in the spell and get bonuses from that, does bonus from MIU training stack? (say if I have 70 ranks of minor elemental for strong ewaves, and then I activate an imbed with ewave, and I also have 100 MIU ranks...)
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    So wait, if I am trained in the spell and get bonuses from that, does bonus from MIU training stack? (say if I have 70 ranks of minor elemental for strong ewaves, and then I activate an imbed with ewave, and I also have 100 MIU ranks...)
    No, you get whichever is higher. Spell ranks or MIU.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Viduus
    So if I’m a sorcerer casting a cleric-circle CS spell off a scroll, do my MnS ranks still count toward my CS as well? Or is it now arcane symbols ranks only?
    The system will use either your natural spell bonuses (known spells) or your arcane symbols ranks, whichever is higher, but they won’t combine with each other. If you have a bonus of 423 from your spiritual spells, but a 450 CS from arcane symbols, your arcane symbols value will be used. If, on the other hand, you have a 423 bonus from your spiritual spells, but only a 327 CS from your arcane symbol contribute, your spell bonus will be used.

What is a semi-circle spell?

Rangers, bards, paladins

Viduus
    Last edited by Fallen; 08-09-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Nice I should start using Dark Catalyst wands.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Nice I should start using Dark Catalyst wands.
    I tried some Sorc wands with this change and now I see what all the complaining was about during the Wiz/ele lore review. The difference in hunting power between Sorcerors and Wizards is bloody insane.