Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii hiker found alive

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    She looks to be in pretty good shape for someone who was missing in a jungle with no food or water for 17 days. She looks like she was already pretty skinny to begin with, she should be almost skin and bones by now. I didn't read the whole story so maybe I just missed it. Did she find some nice shelter with food and water nearby and she stayed put until found? Or is she claiming she was wandering around for 17 days trying to find her way out? Because if it's the latter, yeah, no. You don't wander around for 17 days without food and water and end up looking like that. I can barely wander around for 17 minutes without needing a snack.
    The article says she found things to eat (guava for example) and drank water when it was clear. Not the worst place to sleep outdoors I suppose either. It is a little strange though. In 17 days you could walk around the whole island several times, which is about the only way you could walk around in circles on an island.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

I think I'm with Gelston on this one.

Look at all of those roads, beaches, cities, and even an airport. The only way I'm buying this story is if she was lost and found some shelter with food and water nearby and decided to camp out there until she was found. No way she was wandering for 17 days and couldn't find her way out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I don't buy it, not for 17 days. No way you wouldn't have found any civilization. It is Maui, not the Amazon.
    Like I said I'm a little skeptical as well. If she broke her leg or lost her shoes she probably wasn't doing much wandering. She could have just kept going downhill or following streams or whatever.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Like I said I'm a little skeptical as well. If she broke her leg or lost her shoes she probably wasn't doing much wandering. She could have just kept going downhill or following streams or whatever.
    Supposedly, she was an experienced hiker in the jungle.

The entire thing smells like a publicity stunt.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

She had fallen from a 20-foot cliff into a ravine 4 miles (6 km) from her vehicle. Eller had sustained leg injuries including a fracture, and was 20 pounds (9 kg) underweight when found. She survived by drinking water from a nearby waterfall and foraging for food
    Not a big park where she was lost, but considering the terain, it seems possible. She wasn't wandering around in circles really, at least not in the greater sense. Stuck in a ravine with a broken leg. Guess it's possible.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

6. Default

How come nothing ate her? WTF Maui, king of pussy islands.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Not a big park where she was lost, but considering the terain, it seems possible. She wasn't wandering around in circles really, at least not in the greater sense. Stuck in a ravine with a broken leg. Guess it's possible.
    I guess if she is a pussy. 17 days is a bit much. I'd say 7 days max.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    How come nothing ate her? WTF Maui, king of pussy islands.
    There aren't any animals on Maui that would eat her. Maybe ants if she died. Mosquitoes?

The biggest "threat" she would have faced from the animal world would have been a wild pig, but those would run away from her. Mongoose maybe?

I would like to think that maybe this is real and that it's not just a publicity stunt for fame.. but it's just not adding up.

Hiking without a phone on a very small island with no predators for 17 days with an abundant food source.... sounds like fat camp.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

I honestly don't even remember mosquitos when I was there.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Maybe a bit of both. She stupidly follows her voices hoping that they will lead her to magic fairies then back to a city and she can then post the story on facebook, throws out her shoes to add to the story, gets actually lost because her voices are stupid because they are in her own mind, doesn't worry about it because deep down she knew she was stupid so chose a hike with no dangers and easy to acquire food.

But if you are trying to get lost (following voices) and find yourself lost, are you really lost? Aren't you exactly where you want to be?
    Last edited by Ososis; 05-30-2019 at 04:55 AM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."