Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bump Stock Ban

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Ban asians.

Ban muslims.

Ban white people.

I suspect #3 will be the most popular suggestion.
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Ban asians.
    Keep the Koreans though, those people are amazing on rooftops during riots.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    No. Let's just ban the things it makes sense to ban.

2007. Virginia tech shooting. Deadliest school shooting in US history, and at the time, deadliest mass shooting in US history. 32 killed, 17 wounded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_shooting

2016. Orlando night club shooting - 49 killed. 53 wounded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orland...tclub_shooting

2017. Las Vegas shooting. 58 killed, 851 wounded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Las_Vegas_shooting

We've topped ourselves three times in the last 12 years for deadliest shootings. The most recent was a casualty increase of 900% compared to the next because of a product that nobody here or anywhere has a practical use for. It makes sense to ban it, whether you're "fucking American" or not. Whether you enjoy guns for recreational use or not (and I do, which you know).
    So, out of all this, you believe that banning bump stocks is the solution and will prevent these from occurring again?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Bump stocks are largely seen as a toy by serious operators in the field. But the banning was less a concern about their loss but more the way the process was all jacked up in terms of the ATFs expansion of the definition of the term "machine gun" to encompass the stocks, thereby accomplishing the ban through the ATF's rulemaking authority rather than by legislative action. Such a power comes with serious implications when it comes to the technical nature of firearms.

Also, the whole "the NRA has mad Benjamins" is largely a trope of the uninformed. They had a lobbying expenditure of approximately $5 million in 2017 and 2018 which put them somewhere like 80th on the list. Hardly huge by any measure. What they do have is access to a deeply engaged, active corps of single-issue voters who are vocal, vote without fail, and as a bloc carry a significant amount of political power. Notwithstanding this, true 2A supporters are quite disappointed in how the NRA seemed to roll on the bump stock issue given what's at stake above.
    This is correct.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

So basically the argument can be boiled down to this:

"There is this scary thing that I don't see the need for so I want it banned. In defense of my indefensible position, I will argue about how morally justified I am because of some terrible events while ignoring the fact that plenty of other things can and have killed as many people or more in the US and the world but I am not yelling to ban those. Then when called out on the bullshit and having the slippery slope of banning such things pointed out as dangerous, I argue that it's ok to ban them because no one is yet making the transition down the slippery slope into other equally illegal, unjustified and absurd bans."

So, Stuplicker, are you male and do you agree with rape?
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    So basically the argument can be boiled down to this:

"There is this scary thing that I don't see the need for so I want it banned. In defense of my indefensible position, I will argue about how morally justified I am because of some terrible events while ignoring the fact that plenty of other things can and have killed as many people or more in the US and the world but I am not yelling to ban those. Then when called out on the bullshit and having the slippery slope of banning such things pointed out as dangerous, I argue that it's ok to ban them because no one is yet making the transition down the slippery slope into other equally illegal, unjustified and absurd bans."

So, Stuplicker, are you male and do you agree with rape?
    What the everloving fuck are you talking about? Literally none of that is accurate to anything that's been said here, from any standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    What the everloving fuck are you talking about? Literally none of that is accurate to anything that's been said here, from any standpoint.
    Talking about you dumbass and it is almost blow for blow your complete argument in this thread.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

8. Default

Don't pay attention to rocktard, he thinks people should be able to own nuclear weapons if they want.

Guess we have to build a new nation. Let's build a base out on the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Don't pay attention to rocktard, he thinks people should be able to own nuclear weapons if they want.
    Still less dangerous than you supporting a murderous philosophy, murdering babies and surgically and chemically maiming teens in the name of diversity.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.