Thread: Women with Deep Voices

Thumbs up Women with Deep Voices

Margaret Thatcher figured this out before everybody else. When it comes to female politicians, voters prefer candidates with deep voices. To lower her voice, Thatcher took voice lessons.

Kirsten Gillibrand is going to have a problem with her voice. She made the rounds this weekend on political teevee shows. No matter how smart she is and no matter how good her policy proposals are, her voice will be a drag on her political prospects.

It's science..

But what about a female candidate? Well, that’s where things get a bit tricky. Women naturally have higher-pitched voices than men. So whereas a low-pitched voice is a sign of masculinity, a high-pitched voice is a sign of femininity. But here’s the catch—politics is still perceived to be a masculine sport. We want leaders who exude strength and toughness. This means that when it comes to politics, even women are expected to have deep voices. In fact, most of the research shows that having a deep voice is even more important for female candidates than male candidates, precisely because it is one of the few physical cues a woman can utilize to make herself appear more masculine. No wonder why Margaret Thatcher purposely dropped the register of her voice during her term as British Prime Minister.

But maybe we’re jumping the gun here. Maybe deep voices do actually convey better leadership abilities. People with deep voices do have higher testosterone so it could be that a deep voice is an accurate indication of strong leadership abilities. Well, it turns out researchers have explored this question too and the answer is a big, fat no.

More...
    When it came to judging the male candidate, Republicans voted more for the candidate with the deeper voice (see graph below). They want their leaders to sound strong and dominant. This makes some sense, given that prior research indicates Republicans are more attuned to threats and more focused on political policies that ensure safety and security. Instead, Democrats showed no voting preference at all between the two types of voices.
    When it comes to female politicians, here is one place where conservatives and liberals agree (Wow—almost didn’t think that was possible!). Both Republicans and Democrats were more likely to vote for the female candidates with deeper voices.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

I wonder if her male followers will start talking in more girly sounding soy voices once the sexism card is played.

If only cwolff were still here, he could tell us.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I wonder if her male followers will start talking in more girly sounding soy voices once the sexism card is played.

If only cwolff were still here, he could tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Margaret Thatcher figured this out before everybody else. When it comes to female politicians, voters prefer candidates with deep voices. To lower her voice, Thatcher took voice lessons.

Kirsten Gillibrand is going to have a problem with her voice. She made the rounds this weekend on political teevee shows. No matter how smart she is and no matter how good her policy proposals are, her voice will be a drag on her political prospects.

It's science..
    It's going to be less likely about her voice and more about her hypocritical stances. She sounded exactly like President Trump back in 2006 about the border, immigration, etc... but now she's "evolved" and Trump is a racist... but she didn't mean it in a racist way back then.. she was just uninformed.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

It's been known for some time that men with deeper voices are considered more trustworthy. Not sure why you'd be surprised that the same perception would hold true for women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Personally, I feel men with deeper voices have more gravitas. There's just something about a good bass rumble coming from a male chest that makes my nether regions warm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Personally, I feel men with deeper voices have more gravitas. There's just something about a good bass rumble coming from a male chest that makes my nether regions warm.
    Good news bros. Just inhale and you too can have a deep voice and turn Tisket on:

I made the oops at work last week. Virtual meeting, turns out that sir is actually a ma'am.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    I made the oops at work last week. Virtual meeting, turns out that sir is actually a ma'am.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

No, I am not Drauz in game.