Page 112 of 240 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2396

Thread: 2020 Democrat primary debates

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Ok, then. We have property taxes, sales taxes, income taxes, inheritance taxes, etc, etc. The wealthy are often able to avoid them, or get lower rates through things like lower capital-gains taxes. I don't see a problem with a 2% wealth tax. It's just paying your way, like everybody else.
    Wrong. They're already paying their way like everybody else according to the law. You just want to single them out to pay more than everybody else because you think spending other people's money is the answer. Hint: it isn't. Taxing success is self defeating. Just because someone is smart enough to have their money work for them instead of working for their money doesn't mean they should be penalized. You want to raise their taxes to make them like "everybody else", when in fact you should be arguing for "everybody else" to pay less taxes to make them like the wealthy. Liberals like you are just willfully stupid. And communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Beto is faker than Elizabeth Warren. I still believe it'll be Biden.
    Beto O'Rourke is like Great Value Cameron Frye:

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Ok. I don't think of it as a penalty, personally. If the wealthy aren't taxed (or are taxed at current rates), then the burden of paying for society is disproportionately placed on the lower-income brackets.
    Wrong again. The rich only pay less percentage wise. In terms of real dollars, they're already disproportionately burdened. Try educating yourself instead of parroting what you hear and read on liberal media.

4. Default

Bro do you have any idea how many more Teslas and caviar or whatever that could buy. Someone please think of the billionaires!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    I know right? Going from $62 Million Dollars to only $50 Million Dollars after tax is a hardship noone should bear! Oh the humanity!!!!

Would you be ok if it was your money? Say you'd saved 62K and the government, in a single year, demanded 12K of it simply because you'd accumulated it?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

6. Default

That is sort of a disingenuous argument because going from $62k to $50k is an absolutely material affect on your ability to provide for yourself whereas nobody has EVER wanted for anything by going from $62m to $50m. You can go from 62m to 50m and are still for sure rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That's a cop out. I think everyone is worried about people with bad intentions owning guns.
    Even the people with bad intentions are. They're worried about people with worse intentions.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Democrats lamenting a young girl drowning trying to illegally enter the US with her father.

This was of course sandwiched between them all celebrating killing millions of unborn children and promising to protect the "rights" of women to keep killing their unborn children.

How does anyone take Democrats seriously about the border debate?
    They're Backlash level stupid.

I love Warren. Woman is a brilliant policy powerhouse.

Oh, please. Get your hand out of your pants.
    OMG IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE 2ND AMENDMENT YOU MUST JERK OFF A LOT!!!

You're level of intellect astounds everyone.

Really.

The justification written into the 2nd amendment is for a well-regulated militia, and those two words have been the center of debate for 200 years. It was once (late 19th century) regarded as permission TO regulate firearms, but the last 50 years the courts have seen it differently, as an order not to regulate. It’s a confusing and overly brief amendment.
    It's only been at the center of debate for those who would like to get rid of the 2nd amendment. It's so simple to understand unless you have ulterior motives.

If you would like to infringe upon legal gun owners.. then simply get the 2nd amendment repealed.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.