Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    Is it legal to bet online in Missouri?
    State laws consider it a Class C misdemeanor to participate in gambling as a player outside of licensed facilities. Section 527.020 of the Missouri Revised Statutes lays it out plainly:

572.020. 1. A person commits the crime of gambling if he knowingly engages in gambling.

Gambling is a class C misdemeanor unless:
    (1) It is committed by a professional player, in which case it is a class D felony; or

(2) The person knowingly engages in gambling with a minor, in which case it is a class B misdemeanor.

A Class C misdemeanor in Missouri results in up to 15 days of jail time. It becomes a more serious Class D felony if you are considered a “professional” gambler with up to four years in jail.

So the players themselves are breaking the law in Missouri by participating in events like DSD and sewers. The major players are committing felonies.
    Still hoping you post your specific complaint to the MGC and the FTC regarding Simutronics.

Come on, I'm sure it's legit.

Just post it.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    Actually put the money GS that makes back into, you know, GS. Hire coders, advertise, that sort of thing.

If this happened, I'm pretty sure almost everything I've ever even briefly complained about would either go away or at least I'd be 100% at peace with it.
    Most of my complaints would go away too. Although, I would still hate their pricing and microtransaction system.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    This will never happen exactly for the reason that people continue to play. Wyrom is a “spreadsheet man” he probably has hundreds of excel spreadsheets with all sorts of data thinking it’ll tell him the inner thoughts of his players. Thus, as long as people continue to sub and pay hundreds if not thousands on EG or Dusk, he thinks the game is perfect and WAI.

Furthermore, I’m certain he has already singled out 100 top spending accounts based on SC purchases, # of accounts, whatever. He’s trying to make this game for them as well as you. Money vs. Fun. Money vs. balance. Money vs. Longevity.

To Wyrom’s credit, it’s hard. Also, this is his livelihood. If he fails to squeeze out all that he can from us he loses his paycheck, his insurance, whatever. Wyrom obviously can’t go on “HotGamerBimbos.com” to make ends meet, just judging by his physique. I don’t blame what he’s doing to the game personally. I just hope he has enough foresight, skill, and business acumen to navigate this ship to graze the iceberg and not ram it head-on.
    In this regard, Wyrom reminds me of Ghostcrawler from way back when I played World of Warcraft. The community loved to blame him for everything but he was just the community relations guy. He didn't control the entire game, he was just an easy target.

Still, it wouldn't kill Wyrom or the other GMs to talk to the community more, explain things more, or take and use feedback. We might have been able to avoid the nightmare that was the Wizard nerf if that had happened.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    In this regard, Wyrom reminds me of Ghostcrawler from way back when I played World of Warcraft. The community loved to blame him for everything but he was just the community relations guy. He didn't control the entire game, he was just an easy target.
    Uh... Ghostcrawler was lead systems designer for WoW, and Wyrom is the Product Manager for GS (and might be the only one currently working for Simu, with no APMs). Both of them have/had immense pull in their jobs.
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-07-2018 at 09:17 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Uh... Ghostcrawler was lead systems designer for WoW, and Wyrom is the Product Manager for GS (and might be the only one currently working for Simu, with no APMs). Both of them have/had immense pull in their jobs.
    Hm, you are right. I might have been thinking about Tseric then. That whole thing was a mess. As for Wyrom, I'm sure he has pull but I'm willing to bet that simu is heavily pushing Gemstone to make money and he couldn't stop that if he wanted to. I'm not sure we will ever know who's deciding what on the other side of the game.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    Actually put the money GS that makes back into, you know, GS. Hire coders, advertise, that sort of thing.

If this happened, I'm pretty sure almost everything I've ever even briefly complained about would either go away or at least I'd be 100% at peace with it.
    Simu's after reading your post:
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Hm, you are right. I might have been thinking about Tseric then. That whole thing was a mess. As for Wyrom, I'm sure he has pull but I'm willing to bet that simu is heavily pushing Gemstone to make money and he couldn't stop that if he wanted to. I'm not sure we will ever know who's deciding what on the other side of the game.
    lol Tseric

Back when Blizzard told us via Tseric that more intellect = more mana = more damage while mages were getting completely destroyed on damage meters by everyone because we had no damage increase stats on our gear.

Good times. Reminds me of Estild justifying wizard nerfs because we had Mana Leech.

Last edited by Methais; 11-08-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    lol Tseric

Back when Blizzard told us via Tseric that more intellect = more mana = more damage while mages were getting completely destroyed on damage meters by everyone because we had no damage increase stats on our gear.

Good times. Reminds me of Estild justifying wizard nerfs because we had Mana Leech.
    Something something BUS SHOCK
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    lol Tseric

I was actually a playing shaman as my main class back when everything went down. My favorite thing the shaman community did was creating a post titled FUCK BLIZZARD on the official forums stating that if Blizzard was paying attention the shaman forums or class at all, then someone would delete the post. That post was repeatedly bumped and remained at the top of the official forum for WEEKS before someone finally deleted it. Can't say the shaman community was wrong on that one.

Looking back I really feel sorry for Tseric. He was set up for failure and Blizzard fuck him over royally. I hope the guy found a better job.

9. Default

I was actually a playing shaman as my main class back when everything went down. My favorite thing the shaman community did was creating a post titled FUCK BLIZZARD on the official forums stating that if Blizzard was paying attention the shaman forums or class at all, then someone would delete the post. That post was repeatedly bumped and remained at the top of the official forum for WEEKS before someone finally deleted it. Can't say the shaman community was wrong on that one.

Looking back I really feel sorry for Tseric. He was set up for failure and Blizzard fuck him over royally. I hope the guy found a better job.
    I said it in Vanilla/BC, and I'll say it again! Shamans are just druids whose players never learned to read good or do other stuff good too and accidentally clicked the wrong class at creation.

I don't remember the specific post that Tseric ended up getting fired over, but I'm pretty sure he started popping off on a player on the forums. Which was probably deserved, but I don't remember what was happening at the time.

I'd never be able to do that type of job, because you still have to tow the company line even if you completely agree with the players and think the issue you're being forced to defend is bullshit. Not saying that was the case with Tseric, but I'm sure it happens a lot. It does in GS for sure.