Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Google Video

It's reasonable to recognize that trump's views are abhorrent to many in this country and the world. It's reasonable for a business like google and others to address the issue with their employees who legitimately are concerned about the direction the USA just took with trumps election.

It's not reasonable to think that they are actively targeting trump as a company by messing with their search algorithm. That's a made up conspiracy theory and serious allegation of corporate wrong doing with zero evidence.

Do not allow the propogandists to take up space in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    The video is not proof of any bias in their algorithms.

But it does provide suspicion that their products might be affected by their culture.
    Algorithms are a product from the mindset of the people that make them. We are not quite there yet with AI, despite what you may see in the movies.

You cannot build out a product to 50% of the country when most of your hires are zero self-aware, conservative hating liberals. Google "idiot" in image search and watch Trump images soar to the top - yeah, no bias there. Now go to duckduckgo and do the same search. It's very different.
    Last edited by Fortybox; 09-14-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    ...Breitbart? Really?

A group that has been repeatedly caught manipulatively editing videos and publishing blatantly false stories. Anything they publish is immediately suspect at best.

If you take anything they say as factual well...I'm sorry. You seem like a decently smart dude when it comes down to it. You should know better.
    You realize it's a video.. right?

It's not like this didn't actually take place. That these senior employees of Google didn't actually almost cry on stage because Trump won.

Or, do you really believe Breitbart used CGI to create these people making these speeches?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You realize it's a video.. right?

It's not like this didn't actually take place. That these senior employees of Google didn't actually almost cry on stage because Trump won.

Or, do you really believe Breitbart used CGI to create these people making these speeches?
    She's saying that the video is fabricated to make it appear far more damning than it is. Somehow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I thought that was Project Veritas that manipulated videos.
    I'm pretty sure it's CBS you're thinking of.
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    She's saying that the video is fabricated to make it appear far more damning than it is. Somehow.
    She's retarded then.. given it's a rolling video and not just video clips.

The only way not to take this on face value is to believe they actually manipulated the video with CGI and sound to make things up...
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's CBS you're thinking of.
    Or NBC
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Algorithms are a product from the mindset of the people that make them. We are not quite there yet with AI, despite what you may see in the movies.

You cannot build out a product to 50% of the country when most of your hires are zero self-aware, conservative hating liberals. Google "idiot" in image search and watch Trump images soar to the top - yeah, no bias there. Now go to duckduckgo and do the same search. It's very different.
    You do understand what proof is, right?

But I took your advice and did a search on the word idiot. Ignoring the dictionary definitions (which were the first two results), most of the results on the first page had to do with people claiming that Google was biased against Trump and a billboard in New Jersey that apparently states Trump is an idiot. I admit that looking at the first page of a single search isn't conclusive, but pardon me for not seeing the bias.
    Last edited by Candor; 09-14-2018 at 09:41 AM.

She's retarded then.. given it's a rolling video and not just video clips.

The only way not to take this on face value is to believe they actually manipulated the video with CGI and sound to make things up...
    Hey man, people believe that NASA set up a studio and faked the 360 view of space with CGI. I mean, those people are fucking idiots but hey, people believe what they want.

10. Default

Fun fact - Bing image search also produces pictures of Trump on top when you search the word idiot. Do you suspect it's possible that a large amount of people just think Trump is an idiot?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=idiot&FORM=HDRSC2

Or is it a conspiracy by Microsoft?

And Baidu, an engine not even written for the English language:

http://image.baidu.com/search/index?...f-8&word=idiot

And Duckduckgo:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=idiot&t=h_...ages&ia=images
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-14-2018 at 09:47 AM.