Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Manafort

This judge seems cray cray in the Manafort trial. They say that this is just his style. I don't know but I don't like it. He's making himself the story by fighting with the prosecution.

“These people are not making political donations,” the prosecutor said. Calling the donors “oligarchs” — a term Ellis banned the government from using in front of the jury last week — Andres explained that their livelihood was completely dependent on government-granted monopolies.

“That makes it even clearer to me” that it’s not relevant, the judge interjected. “It doesn’t matter whether they’re good or bad or oligarchs or crooks or mafia or whatever. … You don’t need to throw mud at these people.”
    At that point, Ellis noted that Andres was looking at the lectern. “You’re looking down as if to say, ‘This is B.S.,’” the judge complained.

Andres seemed angered by the accusation and said the judge was leaping to conclusions. “We don’t do that to you,” the prosecutor said.

When the judge mentioned an earlier complaint he made about lawyers rolling their eyes, Andres interrupted again and the atmosphere grew tense. “I find it hard to believe I was both looking down and rolling my eyes,” he said.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ecution-765100

2. Default

Just Judge Ellis being Judge Ellis.

Seriously though- I don't understand what his problem is. Nothing going on in this case is even REMOTELY abnormal. I know he has a reputation as being a bit pugnacious, but this is pretty extreme.

And it's going to seriously call into question the final outcome of the case if he rules in Manafort's favor on anything significant- which seems VERY counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    This judge seems cray cray in the Manafort trial. They say that this is just his style. I don't know but I don't like it. He's making himself the story by fighting with the prosecution.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ecution-765100
    A judge being a judge? This is news.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    A judge being a judge? This is news.
    A judge being a judge isn't news.

6. Default

The biggest bombshell from this trial so far is that some of Manafort's offshore Cyprus bank accounts were run by Russian GRU spy Konstantin Kilimnik.

I missed this tidbit. Source?

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    I missed this tidbit. Source?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/06/u....co/xH9p3JzEGH

So.. this still has absolutely nothing to do with President Trump.

Shocker.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.