Page 93 of 759 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193593 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Wow you really went there didn't you?

"I HAVE to believe everything CNN and MSNBC shoves down my throat or else the Russians win!"

The Democrats have you so well trained I bet you even go potty on the pad inside the house now.
    You are reading too much into my statement like you do with everything. There is no hidden message in what I said. FOX and RT both claim people should not trust the mainstream media. Thats it.

Where they differ is RT is straight up state backed media. FOX obviously isn't state media because they freaked out over every little thing president Obama did for 8+ years but was cool with Bush and now Trump.

The cozy relationship with Trump and FOX makes it seem like state run media. Thats why I think FOX has an obvious bias and agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Curious....what are your top 3 media outlets as far as truthfulness, accuracy, and non-bias go?
    If I want fairly non-biased news on America or the rest of the world I'll start with BBC. If I really want to explore an issue thoroughly I'll read everything from BBC, to Washington Post, to Breitbart and between.

The only outlets I subscribe to/support are PBS and the Washington Post.

An interesting thing I've noticed: Trump has never gone after PBS like Bush and the republicans threatened to do back in the 01's. Democracy Now and the News Hour run every weeknight.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    You are reading too much into my statement like you do with everything. There is no hidden message in what I said. FOX and RT both claim people should not trust the mainstream media. Thats it.

Where they differ is RT is straight up state backed media. FOX obviously isn't state media because they freaked out over every little thing president Obama did for 8+ years but was cool with Bush and now Trump.

The cozy relationship with Trump and FOX makes it seem like state run media. Thats why I think FOX has an obvious bias and agenda.
    For someone who claims he isn't trying to tie disliking the media into falling for Russian propaganda you sure are mentioning Russia a lot.

Also no shit Fox has an agenda. Who said they didn't? The only person who seems to think the entire media EXCEPT Fox isn't pushing an agenda is you.

If I want fairly non-biased news on America or the rest of the world I'll start with BBC.
    Right because BBC has no agenda and isn't biased. Just how clueless are you?

Agreed. Trolling has been weaponized. The wild west days of the Internet are slowly fading away as we come to realize that it needs just as much regulation as any media platform.

That particular example looks like it was designed to scare the death out of white anti-vaxxers who live in Texas.
    What if they are black anti-vaxxers?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

needs just as much regulation as any media platform
    No. Why in the world are you okay with the Government deciding what type of platform media should be allowed to have? Your information would be at the whims of the people in power and right now, that's a Republican.

I had someone telling me that the 'point' wasn't about anti-vaccinations, it was that ILLEGAL immigrants bring disease. Never mind that the findings associated or the records that indicate it's usually Americans visiting foreign countries and making the dumb fucking choice not to have their kids vaccinated. Even though they were and are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Right because BBC has no agenda and isn't biased. Just how clueless are you?
    From 1 to 100, he's a potato.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

If I want fairly non-biased news on America or the rest of the world I'll start with BBC.
    Dude.. the BBC is left leaning. There literally is no such thing as non-biased news, given it is written by humans with their own innate biases.

If I really want to explore an issue thoroughly I'll read everything from BBC, to Washington Post, to Breitbart and between.
    I'm sure you do........................

The only outlets I subscribe to/support are PBS and the Washington Post.

An interesting thing I've noticed: Trump has never gone after PBS like Bush and the republicans threatened to do back in the 01's. Democracy Now and the News Hour run every weeknight.
    PBS government funding should be over with. If a company can't stand up on it's own, then it should fail. Maybe begging people to donate isn't a viable marketing strategy?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

YOU THINK FOX HAS A BIAS!!!???

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES! THIS IS NEWS!!!

Jesus fucking Christ you are SUCH a retard.

I can't help but notice you didn't have an issue with the main stream medias cozy relationship with Obama though.

Weird.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    No. Why in the world are you okay with the Government deciding what type of platform media should be allowed to have? Your information would be at the whims of the people in power and right now, that's a Republican.
    I disagree with that 100%. In American democracy we elect people to make and enforce the rules we want made and enforced. The American government is set up with checks and balances to ensure transparency and fairness. It does not always work but for the most part it works pretty damn well. It is definitely a work in progress. As we learn more about the universe and ourselves we change things appropriately.

I call the early days of the internet the wild west. Like with society, when there are few laws and those few aren't really enforced, its a mess. Now everyone's daily activities and physical movements are tracked, stored, and mined for data to sell to corporations looking to sell you shampoo, chili, and/or whatever the fuck else they want you to buy so they can continue to fly on their private jets, eat caviar, and drink champagne.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I had someone telling me that the 'point' wasn't about anti-vaccinations, it was that ILLEGAL immigrants bring disease. Never mind that the findings associated or the records that indicate it's usually Americans visiting foreign countries and making the dumb fucking choice not to have their kids vaccinated. Even though they were and are fine.
    Its all about manipulating US voters. I would not be surprised if it was foreign in origin.