Page 704 of 763 FirstFirst ... 204604654694702703704705706714754 ... LastLast
Results 7,031 to 7,040 of 7625

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    The worst part of that for me was my father was in an elderly care facility, and for almost a year I couldn’t even visit him. Best they can do was wheel him out to a balcony (he was on the third floor) and all I could do is just yell out & wave to him from outside ground level. I later discovered how they treated him witnessing first hand. Without going into details, I’d call it borderline elder abuse. God knows what was going on during that time when I wasn’t looking. The only reason I got the jab and a booster was because that was a requirement to visit with him which was supported by local/state/federal laws, even though I was the one paying the bills for his care.

We moved him to a better facility months before he died summer of last year. Covid lockdowns took away precious time that I should have spent with him. It pisses me off anytime I think about it, and I won’t ever comply with that bullshit again.
    Lockdowns kept me from visiting my 97 year old, WWII vet, grandpa. We were planning on driving out to see him and other family that Christmas (after the lockdowns were supposed to end), but the care facility kept everyone in lockdown there for the next 12 months or so. Even after the bullshit shots came out you weren't allowed to visit, even if you got them.

It was right around the time he had a bad fall (broke his hip in two spots) that the facility started letting people visit (but you had to stay 6ft away, masked up, no contact at all and if you did come into contact with the elder person you were visiting then they were put into quarantine for 7 days - 7 days of total isolation from everyone else in the care facility). We had planned to come out in a couple months (since we live out of state) to visit, but sadly he fell and was basically put into a drugged comma until he passed away about a week later.

I never got a chance to see him again, not even on his deathbed - they were only allowing the patient's children to visit, as long as they were vaccinated (it was the only reason my dad got the shot, just so he could visit his dad one last time).

I couldn't come out to visit him during all this shit, but I at least went out of my way to call him at least once a week, at a minimum, to chat with him. I felt so bad he couldn't have visitors, I at least wanted to call and chat. My dad told me that grandpa would tell him that I was the only grandkid that would make an effort to call him (out of 14 grandkids) while he was locked up and couldn't have visitors.

This lockdown shit was all fucked up and the retards that think it helped, you're all fucked up, too.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Lockdowns kept me from visiting my 97 year old, WWII vet, grandpa. We were planning on driving out to see him and other family that Christmas (after the lockdowns were supposed to end), but the care facility kept everyone in lockdown there for the next 12 months or so. Even after the bullshit shots came out you weren't allowed to visit, even if you got them.

It was right around the time he had a bad fall (broke his hip in two spots) that the facility started letting people visit (but you had to stay 6ft away, masked up, no contact at all and if you did come into contact with the elder person you were visiting then they were put into quarantine for 7 days - 7 days of total isolation from everyone else in the care facility). We had planned to come out in a couple months (since we live out of state) to visit, but sadly he fell and was basically put into a drugged comma until he passed away about a week later.

I never got a chance to see him again, not even on his deathbed - they were only allowing the patient's children to visit, as long as they were vaccinated (it was the only reason my dad got the shot, just so he could visit his dad one last time).

I couldn't come out to visit him during all this shit, but I at least went out of my way to call him at least once a week, at a minimum, to chat with him. I felt so bad he couldn't have visitors, I at least wanted to call and chat. My dad told me that grandpa would tell him that I was the only grandkid that would make an effort to call him (out of 14 grandkids) while he was locked up and couldn't have visitors.

This lockdown shit was all fucked up and the retards that think it helped, you're all fucked up, too.
    The whole thing was a big fucked up social experiment to gauge both how much of that kind of shit people would put up with, and also to gauge how many massive ultratards like Seran and Latrin would not only comply with it, but comply with a smile on their face as they ask for their 16th booster while they suck on big government cock, hoping the latter would outnumber the former.

And those same retards like Seran and Latrin will happily do it all over again.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Best decision I ever made was not getting the vaccine.

Most people didn't have a choice.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 08-23-2023 at 03:06 PM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Remind me whenever Latrin posts his next monologue “On Staying in Mommy’s Basement” that there was a study this year on the effectiveness of masks & Covid 19. The TLDNR version is they don’t do diddly dick.

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr...7_abstract.pdf

We obtained the following results:

Medical or surgical masks
    Ten studies took place in the community, and two studies in healthcare workers. Compared with wearing no mask in the community studies only, wearing a mask may make little to no difference in how many people caught a flu-like illness/COVID-like illness (9 studies; 276,917 people); and probably makes little or no difference in how many people have flu/COVID confirmed by a laboratory test (6 studies; 13,919 people). Unwanted effects were rarely reported; discomfort was mentioned.

N95/P2 respirators
    Four studies were in healthcare workers, and one small study was in the community. Compared with wearing medical or surgical masks, wearing N95/P2 respirators probably makes little to no difference in how many people have confirmed flu (5 studies; 8407 people); and may make little to no difference in how many people catch a flu-like illness (5 studies; 8407 people), or respiratory illness (3 studies; 7799 people). Unwanted effects were not well-reported; discomfort was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Remind me whenever Latrin posts his next monologue “On Staying in Mommy’s Basement” that there was a study this year on the effectiveness of masks & Covid 19. The TLDNR version is they don’t do diddly dick.

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr...7_abstract.pdf

I think a lot of people misunderstood what the mask actually does. Surgeons, Dentist and similar professions wear them to stop moisture, or droplets coming from their mouths and going into/on the patient, also to stop possible fluids from the patient from entering the doctors mouth or nose. Mask could never stop airborne viruses from spreading, but it did help prevent the virus spreading from droplets exiting the mouth from a cough and whatnot, since that was pretty much the purpose of the mask.

So, with that fact, and since we know Covid is both an airborne virus that can also be in droplets. Yes mask did help, but probably very little tbh.
    Last edited by Solkern; 08-23-2023 at 04:31 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

My sincerest sympathies.

My dad had me at a late age (52) and he served in the Air Force at the tail end of the Korean War. Men of that era didn’t make the hard sacrifices they did for us to stand by as our country descends into the dark depths of tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    I think a lot of people misunderstood what the mask actually does. Surgeons, Dentist and similar professions wear them to stop moisture, or droplets coming from their mouths and going into/on the patient, also to stop possible fluids from the patient from entering the doctors mouth or nose. Mask could never stop airborne viruses from spreading, but it did help prevent the virus spreading from droplets exiting the mouth from a cough and whatnot, since that was pretty much the purpose of the mask.

So, with that fact, and since we know Covid is both an airborne virus that can also be in droplets. Yes mask did help, but probably very little tbh.
    Makes sense to me. If it’s mandated to wear at a hospital or doctor’s office, I guess I could make sense of that & wouldn’t fuss too much. Everywhere else though, we really should consider the opportunity cost & the negatives associated with face masks. There are several I could go into but the primary one is non-verbal facial expressions are essential to human communication. Many people would say if it saved just one life everybody should wear one, which I think is nonsense. The harm of mask mandates (and there absolutely is harm) outweighs any positives based on the research determining that it is ineffective at preventing the spread of airborne viruses like Covid & the flu.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 08-23-2023 at 05:40 PM.

8. Default

I am SO sorry about your grandfather. We weren't able to say goodbye to my Dad either during the lockdown. I had to send a text for his wife to read to him in hospice because he couldn't speak or see. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I really hope you and your family have found a way to say goodbye in your own way, and I hope you never have to go through anything like that again.
    Last edited by time4fun; 08-23-2023 at 11:21 PM.

I'm sorry you decided a vaccination wasn't worth being able to goodbye to your grandpa and being with him in person in his time of need. I'm sure he was grateful you went out of your way to call him once a week that small sacrifice is meaningful.

Seran, the living piece of shit strikes again.

Also, learn2read. Children only, vaccination would not have helped see him.