Page 555 of 757 FirstFirst ... 55455505545553554555556557565605655 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,550 of 7570

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Why yes, destroying the US tax base would retard economic growth, that says it pretty succinctly on its own. We'll throw out education, business grants, scientific grants and awards, public works and development loans all because Republicans wanna defund the government. I'm glad you followed the conversation at least that much, but you can go back to wallowing on your ignorance for the rest.
    Still waiting for the Republican plan you claimed they wanted to pass that has zero systems in place to help out the poor.

Is it because, once again, you are wrong, retarded and have no sense of self awareness... like every.single.thread. you post in?

Like don't you ever get tired of being the most wrong and biggest retard in every single conversation that takes place?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Why yes, destroying the US tax base would retard economic growth, that says it pretty succinctly on its own. We'll throw out education, business grants, scientific grants and awards, public works and development loans all because Republicans wanna defund the government. I'm glad you followed the conversation at least that much, but you can go back to wallowing on your ignorance for the rest.
    Imagine being so retarded that you couldn't figure out that he was just pointing out that when he sees the word "retard" he thinks of you, despite him literally saying exactly that.

It's because you're a retard.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Still waiting for the Republican plan you claimed they wanted to pass that has zero systems in place to help out the poor.

Is it because, once again, you are wrong, retarded and have no sense of self awareness... like every.single.thread. you post in?

Like don't you ever get tired of being the most wrong and biggest retard in every single conversation that takes place?
    There you go overlooking the obvious again, it's pretty sad.

Meanwhile as Republicans in the House try to abolish all income and payroll taxes, others in the party not getting the memo are pointing out how social security is insolvent. So we've got one part of the party wanting to stop deductions that fund social security, another part of the same party saying social security is under threat of being exhausted. Idiots.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/re...rry-retirement

Meanwhile as Republicans in the House try to abolish all income and payroll taxes, others in the party not getting the memo are pointing out how social security is insolvent. So we've got one part of the party wanting to stop deductions that fund social security, another part of the same party saying social security is under threat of being exhausted. Idiots.

I love it when our special little retard calls anyone else on the planet an "idiot"... because it really shows you have zero self awareness.

So still waiting for that VAT system the Republicans are pushing to finally destroy the poor in the country.

You fucking retard.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Fuck income and payroll tax. We did just fine as a nation without one until the 20th century & 16th amendment.

Social security is indeed insolvent. I understood this as a child back in the early 90s in elementary school Social Studies class. Where were you? There are more boomers retiring and drawing upon social security now than present day workers needed to pay for those benefits. Unfortunately it was never properly reformed and has been mismanaged by both parties for decades.

Instead of completely relying upon the government to take care of you perhaps you should seek the help of your favorite organization, the Catholic Church. The Society of Saint Vincent De Paul and many other Christian charitable organizations consisting of generous volunteers work tirelessly to help improve the conditions of the poor.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 01-12-2023 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Fuck income and payroll tax. We did just fine as a nation without one until the 20th century & 16th amendment.

Social security is indeed insolvent. I understood this as a child back in the early 90s in elementary school Social Studies class. Where were you? There are more boomers retiring and drawing upon social security now than present day workers needed to pay for those benefits. Unfortunately it was never properly reformed and has been mismanaged by both parties for decades.

Instead of completely relying upon the government to take care of you perhaps you should seek the help of your favorite organization, the Catholic Church. The Society of Saint Vincent De Paul and many other Christian charitable organizations consisting of generous volunteers work tirelessly to help improve the conditions of the poor.
    What's sad about your response is the total lack of understanding that both Republicans and Democrats are behind social security as a safety net for retirees and the indigent elderly. Keep on trucking with your 1% point of view, the rest of the country knows you're wrong.

What's sad about your response is the total lack of understanding that both Republicans and Democrats are behind social security as a safety net for retirees and the indigent elderly. Keep on trucking with your 1% point of view, the rest of the country knows you're wrong.
    I’m not completely opposed to reforming social security, but as I stated that necessary reform has been neglected for decades. Math tells us we have a serious problem in the next 10-15 years. What is your solution? Let me guess…tax people even more.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 01-12-2023 at 11:31 AM.

Social security is indeed insolvent. I understood this as a child back in the early 90s in elementary school Social Studies class. Where were you?

I'm the first guy in the bright multicolored shirt.
    This is correct.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-12-2023 at 11:33 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I’m not completely opposed to reforming social security, but as I stated that necessary reform has been neglected for decades. Math tells us we have a serious problem in the next 10-15 years. What is your solution? Let me guess…tax people even more.
    Yes, taxing people more is a great option since wealth in the United States is increasingly in the hands of the 1%. Lifting the payroll tax limit from the roughly quarter million, while preserving that limits on the total payout is one option. There are lots more too, like better fund management via investments, staggering age limits, offering a mix of private accounts with a minimum threshold.

Yes, taxing people more is a great option since wealth in the United States is increasingly in the hands of the 1%. Lifting the payroll tax limit from the roughly quarter million, while preserving that limits on the total payout is one option. There are lots more too, like better fund management via investments, staggering age limits, offering a mix of private accounts with a minimum threshold.
    I reach the payroll tax limit every year and I am not the 1%.

I say we cut benefits and/or increase the age when you can start drawing on benefits since old people live longer now. Even better…instead of a system where current workers pay the benefits of current retirees, how about we have it so what we put in is ours & can invest that money wisely? Financially responsible people privately prepare for their own retirement. I’ve done at minimum the employer match % since I got my first real job in my early 20s. If you didn’t contribute to your company sponsored 401k or invest in your own IRA, that’s your own damn fault. It shouldn’t be a burden on the most productive & successful members of society.