Page 174 of 760 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274674 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 7591

Thread: Things that made you Facepalm today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

I'm not actually sure if we even have a formal alliance with Mexico. We have treaties and trade agreements, but we have those with pretty much every nation on this planet. We are in some of the same organizations. I don't think any of them are considered alliances.
    Last edited by Gelston; 06-18-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Canada is just as close, and I'd argue, a better ally. How many times has Mexico been on our side in a war?
    Not to mention Mexico is responsible for way more American sharts than Canada is.

Whether this is a good or bad thing depends on who you ask.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-18-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Apparently we need to choose better allies.
    Its idiotic to not support our bordering neighbor or the states that border them. Our efforts to help them help themselves helps us.

Honduras is in bad shape as is Guatemala.

4. Default

Its idiotic to not support our bordering neighbor or the states that border them. Our efforts to help them help themselves helps us.

Mexico has no alliance with the US and has not since WWII when we were mainly importing labor from them in exchange for assurance that we wouldn't try to topple their revolutionary government when we were done fighting Tojo. They aren't part of NATO. The last agreement we had with them to help them help us was to help us help ourselves to the parts of Mexico we wanted to invade and annex in the 1840s.

Canada is one of our closest allies, being both an actual ally, and geopolitically close to us. Mexico, not so much. We already took the parts of that we wanted.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 06-18-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Blog Entries

The amount of mental gymnastics required to call me a terrible person for caring about people is pretty impressive. I've been consistent in my core values despite who has been president unlike some people I know. After so many years I'm surprised you haven't realized that by now. Then again, I'm not surprised that you still to this day argue with a persona that you have created in your head that epitomizes everything you think you hate.

Mexico is our closest ally and neighbor. The land we have settled has been shared by people for thousands of years. We are better together rather than building a wall. No one should have to flee harm but if they do they should be allowed free movement and offered aid to help themselves get to a better place. America is the richest country in the world. We have more than enough resources to cover it. America and the allies defeated Hitler and the Nazis. America abolished slavery and has always been at the front line in the battle of people's rights. It is a force of good for all people in the world. It is shameful that we are treating the poorest, weakest, most trodden upon people in this world like animals and not opening our doors to help them help themselves.
    FFS, you sound like Grima trying to convince the horse riders that Saruman has always been their closest friend and ally.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

How outraged at the lack of support for Israel by its neighboring countries? Asking for sellstuff1.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-18-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

They should ask Venezuela to help them.. they are the apex of a civilized society after all.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Sure we should support Mexico. I'm not sure how "support Mexico" means allowing millions of their citizens to illegally come into our country nor allowing Mexico to allow millions of citizens from other countries to illegally invade our country.

Does Mexico have to support the US? Or is this friendship yet another one way street that Democrats seem to love so much with hostile and semi hostile nations?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Sure we should support Mexico. I'm not sure how "support Mexico" means allowing millions of their citizens to illegally come into our country nor allowing Mexico to allow millions of citizens from other countries to illegally invade our country.

Does Mexico have to support the US? Or is this friendship yet another one way street that Democrats seem to love so much with hostile and semi hostile nations?
    That's a good point.

Hey Back, what should Mexico be doing to support us? And what should we be doing to support Mexico?

Be specific instead of your usual vague meaningless virtue signaling non-responses.
    Last edited by Methais; 06-18-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Be specific instead of your usual vague meaningless virtue signaling non-responses.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.