Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Says Crime Numbers Are Fake

Exclamation Trump Says Crime Numbers Are Fake

The third quarter FBI data showed murders dropping an estimated 15.6% compared with the same period in 2022 and violent crime dropping 8.2% overall.

The fourth quarter 2023 report released in March show an estimated 4% drop in property crime, 6% drop in violent crime and 13% decrease in murders from 2022. The fourth quarter report covers the entire 2023 calendar year, and can be considered a preliminary year-end report.

More...
    In the below interview of Trump published in Time, Trump said he did not believe the FBI's crime numbers are true. The FBI's compilation of crime statistics showed a significant drop in violent crime in 2023. Trump said they are "fake" numbers. He did not explain the basis of his belief.

Okay, sir. Violent crime is going down throughout the country. There was a 6% drop in—

Trump: I don't believe it.

You don’t believe that?

Trump: Yeah, they’re fake numbers.

You think so?

Trump: Well it came out last night. The FBI gave fake numbers.

I didn't see that, but the FBI said that there was a 13% drop in 2023. [Editor's note: This statistic refers specifically to homicides.]

Trump: I don’t believe it. No, it’s a lie. It’s fake news.

Sir, these numbers are collected by state and local police departments across the country. Most of them support you. Are they wrong?

Trump: Yeah. Last night. Well, maybe, maybe not. The FBI fudged the numbers and other people fudged numbers. There is no way that crime went down over the last year. There's no way because you have migrant crime. Are they adding migrant crime? Or do they consider that a different form of crime?

So these local police departments are wrong?

Trump: I don't believe it's from the local police. What I saw was the FBI was giving false numbers.

More...

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I need attention so I'm going to make a thread for everything, just like Latrinsorm does. Because I'm totally not Latrin.
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

In the below interview of Trump published in Time, Trump said he did not believe the FBI's crime numbers are true. The FBI's compilation of crime statistics showed a significant drop in violent crime in 2023. Trump said they are "fake" numbers. He did not explain the basis of his belief.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ng-experts-fbi
    The FBI released its annual national crime stats. The data is horribly incomplete

Annual report shows violent crimes dipped by 2% in 2022 but only 83% of US law enforcement agencies submitted data

After a spike of homicides in 2020 and 2021, the rate of violent crimes, including homicide, in the US fell last year to pre-pandemic levels, even as other types of crime increased, data released this week by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) show.

But experts say these findings should be viewed with caution, since much of it is based on incomplete data from local police departments.

The FBI data is based on voluntary reporting by individual law enforcement agencies, and last year, half of US police departments, including those in big cities such as Los Angeles and New York, failed to submit data for 2021.

In 2022, 83% of US law enforcement agencies submitted data to the federal government, which means that about 10% of the population is not represented in this data, according to the FBI. And while more localities are included in this year’s data release, researchers caution that department data can also be “patchy” because less than half of the nation’s violent crimes, like rapes and robberies, are reported to law enforcement, according to the Appeal.
    I hate to piss in your cornflakes ClydeR, but the FBI’s data is indeed sketchy & incomplete at best.

Its almost like if you reduce the number of police available and decriminalize many criminal activities, crime numbers will go down...
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

When the current FBI can’t even bother to investigate a bag of cocaine left in the White House, one of the most filmed and secure places in all of the United States, they lose all credibility. The FBI and DOJ are highly selective of their investigations & prosecutions based solely on political bias. I would treat any report from the FBI with the same degree of skepticism as the historical Nazi’s Gestapo or the Soviet Union’s KGB.

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    Its almost like if you reduce the number of police available and decriminalize many criminal activities, crime numbers will go down...
    The number of police decreased and violent crime rates increased during the Trump administration. The number of police has increased and crime rates have fallen during the Biden administration. So far as I can tell, it is mostly a matter of local action, not national leadership. The pandemic apparently caused a lot of police resignations or retirements.

https://www.policeforum.org/staffing...20four%20years.

The number of police decreased and violent crime rates increased during the Trump administration. The number of police has increased and crime rates have fallen during the Biden administration. So far as I can tell, it is mostly a matter of local action, not national leadership. The pandemic apparently caused a lot of police resignations or retirements.

https://www.policeforum.org/staffing...20four%20years.
    You really are trying to earn that title shot, aren't you?
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    Can't count what you won't arrest, won't charge and won't prosecute. I mean hey, shoplifting is down in LA and SanFran since they won't arrest or prosecute pretty much anyone. amirite?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Can't count what you won't arrest, won't charge and won't prosecute. I mean hey, shoplifting is down in LA and SanFran since they won't arrest or prosecute pretty much anyone. amirite?
    That's way too much for ClydeRetard's retard brain to be able to process.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ng-experts-fbi
    The FBI released its annual national crime stats. The data is horribly incomplete

Annual report shows violent crimes dipped by 2% in 2022 but only 83% of US law enforcement agencies submitted data

I hate to piss in your cornflakes ClydeR, but the FBI’s data is indeed sketchy & incomplete at best.
    Biden's way of showing a 2% of decreased crime: Have 17% of the US law enforcement agencies stop providing the data.

ClydeR: "OMG CRIME WENT DOWN UNDER BIDEN! I TOLD YOU IF EVERYONE JUST STAYS UNDER THEIR BEDS LIKE ME, EVERYTHING WILL BE LESS SCARY!"
    sErAn: "BIDEN I'S TEH BES'T PRES'IDENT EVER!"
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.