Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The GM's are Friggin Nuts!

Default The GM's are Friggin Nuts!

So, I have some problems with my locker..I died three times trying to get into it in landing today..and its not suposed to be in landing. Anyways..this is the GM's idea..and it nearly got me killed?!

GM says, "I think I havea solution."
    >
    GM says, "You will need to have your locker shipped here at your first opportunity."
    >
    You sigh.
    >
    GM says, "I will send you to the Landing to get your armor from your locker"
    >
    You say, "Its not safe"
    >
    You say, "I died three times today trying to get to it"
    >
    You mutter something inaudible.
    >
    The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...

[Frozen Garden, Glade]
    A small river meanders through this wooded glade, moonbeams sparkling and reflecting from its frozen surface. Several tall evergreens climb towards the sky, their limbs drooping under the weight of accumulated snow and ice.
    Obvious paths: east, northeast, southeast
    >
    >
    You stand back up.
    Roundtime: 3 sec.
    >
    The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...

[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]
    Vigilant night guardsmen scrutinize the citizens and travelers arriving and departing through the wide gateway spanning the land route into Wehnimer's Landing. The cluttered streets of the city to the south are a far cry from the deceptively calm expanse of the wilds of Elanith outside. Two daunting towers survey the countryside and protect the town, flanking the road to the east and west. You also see a dented steel shield, a polished black steel broadsword, a dented steel shield and a wooden barrel.
    Also here: GameMaster GM who is sitting, Sevum
    Obvious paths: south
    >
    GM says, "You have 1 minute"
    >
    Bomquor came through the town gates.
    >
    Bomquor just went south.
    >
    GM says, "go go"
    >s
    w
    [Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]
    The cobbled road girds the town along the inner side of the northern palisade. Just to the north stand the twin sentinels of the gate's guardtowers, silhouetted against the night sky. Guardsmen come and go through the main gates, keeping a close eye on the people of all races who move to and fro. Opposite the gates, you see the shop of Dakris the Furrier. You also see the fiery red Bomquor disk, a polished steel war hammer, a dented steel shield, a dented steel shield and a polished steel war hammer.
    Also here: Bomquor
    Obvious paths: north, east, west
    >s
    [Wehnimer's, North Ring Rd.]
    The road turns gradually at this point as it forms the northwest corner of the city. The main path curves along the north and west walls, and another leads south between the buildings. The massive oak and modwir logs of the city palisade tower overhead. You also see a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a polished steel war hammer, a dented steel shield, some reinforced steel-ringed chain, a polished steel war hammer, a polished steel war hammer, a polished steel plated breastplate, a dented steel shield and a brightly lit small painted wagon.
    Obvious paths: south, east, southwest
    >se
    >
    [Wehnimer's, Talon St.]
    The street runs between the northern palisade and the central square to the south and east. The traffic is varied here, as a few traders and travellers mingle on the dark streets with the ever-present and watchful militiamen. The damaged walls of Cholgar's Bathhouse occupy nearly the entire block. You also see a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a dented steel shield, a polished steel plated breastplate and a ruined wooden rolton with a dilapidated sign on it.
    Obvious paths: north, south
    >e
    You can't go there.
    >
    You can't go there.
    >s
    se
    [Town Square, Northwest]
    This corner of the square is lively and hectic even at night. A number of representatives of the Landing's population, including several elven loggers and a party of rough-looking dwarves, loiter around the door of the Raging Thrak Inn, where the rowdy cheers of patrons and voices raised in songs of many sorts, from snatches of heroic ballads to blushingly bawdy tunes, beckon you to enter. You also see a dented steel shield.
    Obvious paths: north, south, east, southeast
    >e
    [Town Square Central]
    This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see some stone benches.
    Also here: Sandez, Cjersti, Landun, Lord Praesus
    Obvious paths: east, west, northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest
    [Town Square, East]
    Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous shops, still doing business with the many customers who still frequent the streets at night. You also see a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian man-at-arms, a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian swordsman, a Jantalarian swordsman, a ruined tower and a large wooden barrel.
    Also here: Ristical, Great Lord Nakiro, Klaser
    Obvious paths: north, south, east, west
    >
    Ristical just went north.
    >go hall
    [Moot Hall, Great Lobby]
    This is the great lobby of the Moot Hall. Hushed voices discussing urgent town matters echo off the high ceiling. The walls are draped in rich tapestries framing niches that hold marble busts of local dignitaries. Ahead of you is a double door, and to your left, a mahogany door bearing a silver plaque. You also see a huge wall map of the lands carved from solid maple and polished to a deep sheen, a double door, the Debt Collector's Office, a staircase with a sign tacked to it with a sign on it, a small brass plaque with a map of town mounted on the wall and a blackboard.
    Obvious exits: east, out
    >e
    e
    [Moot Hall, Storage Facility]
    You are in the anteroom of the public storage locker facility. This area is busy with clerks going over paperwork. A hallway leads east to the locker booths.
    Obvious exits: east, west
    >The powerful look leaves you.
    A dark shadow seems to detach itself from your body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
    The air calms down around you.

An unwholesome weariness washes over you, and as it leaves you feel a vague sense of loss.

>
    [Moot Hall, Storage Hall]
    You are in a darkly lit hallway which travels east and west. On the north wall is a curtained opening.
    >go open

It appears that you have recently dropped your premium subscription, and your locker is no longer a premium locker which services all towns.

When you open your locker, it will be converted to a basic locker and all contents from all towns will be placed in one locker in the town where your locker was last located. Please be aware that you may need to remove some items in order to close the locker once you open it, as its limit will be that of one basic locker.

You step through the curtained opening.
    [Public Lockers]
    You are standing in a tiny room whose facing wall is an array of small, locked doors. One of the lockers has been removed for you and is sitting on a small counter. You also see a curtained opening.
    Obvious exits: none
    >open locker
    You open the locker.
    >take leather
    I could not find what you were referring to.
    >l in locker
    In the locker you see a twilight grey backpack, a twilight grey cloak, some cloudy white leather boots, some twilight grey leather gloves, a cloudy white belt, some twilight grey breeches, a crystal temple pin, a jade-clasped leather knife case and some twilight grey leathers.
    >

An unwholesome weariness washes over you, and as it leaves you feel a vague sense of loss.

>
    * Delmax just bit the dust!
    >take leathers
    I could not find what you were referring to.
    >

take leathers from locker
    >You remove some twilight grey leathers from in your locker.
    >close locker
    You close the locker.
    >go open

You hear the voice of the clerk from behind one of the thin walls telling you he has recorded a storage fee of 115 silvers for you.

[Moot Hall, Storage Hall]
    You are in a darkly lit hallway which travels east and west. On the north wall is a curtained opening.
    >

>report I'm NOT going back out there, I almost got clobbered
    REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone III staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

Message sent to all online game staff. You may type ONDUTY to see which staff members are currently on duty. If you feel the need to speak with the staff, please type ASSIST for a list of options.

>

>
    A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and GM is standing in its place.
    >
    GM asks, "You got your items?"
    >

>tap leathers
    You tap some twilight grey leathers.
    >
    GM nods.
    >
    * Millissa just bit the dust!
    >
    [Frozen Garden, Glade]
    A small river meanders through this wooded glade, moonbeams sparkling and reflecting from its frozen surface. Several tall evergreens climb towards the sky, their limbs drooping under the weight of accumulated snow and ice.
    Obvious paths: east, northeast, southeast
    >
    A shaft of scintillating light suddenly jumps out of the sky and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and GM is standing in its place.
    >
    You say, "your nuts man."
    >chuckle
    GM asks, "All set?"
    You chuckle.
    >
    * Thorns just bit the dust!
    >
    A thyril just arrived.
    You ask, "you have any idea how close I just came to diein?"
    >grin GM
    You grin at GM.
    >'runnin through landing, spelless, and no weapon or shield.
    A thyril swings a broadsword at you!
    AS: +20 vs DS: +20 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +83 = +119
    ... and hits for 26 points of damage!
    Deep, bloody slash to your right thigh!
    You are knocked to the ground!
    You are stunned for 3 rounds!
    You are still stunned.
    >'bah
    You are still stunned.
    >
    GM grins at you.
    >'bah
    You are still stunned.
    >'bah
    You are still stunned.
    >'bah
    You are still stunned.
    >
    GM traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
    >
    GM gestures.
    A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.
    >'bah
    You are still stunned.
    >
    A thyril heads northeast.
    >
    You are healed.
    >
    You exclaim, "about that close!"
    >
    >
    You are already standing.
    >
    You mutter something inaudible.
    >
    You say, "runnin through landing, spelless, and no weapon or shield."
    >
    You work your way out of a pure white silk dress shirt.
    >
    You work your way into some twilight grey leathers.
    Roundtime: 11 sec.

Gods that was a rush!

-Adredrin
    Crystal Tears 24: OMG the man had a package that UPS couldn't deliver.

PS: How can you not see me post, I'm one of the biggest fucking attention whores on these boards. Christ. -Arkans

2. Default

The GM knows that the Jants won't attack you unless you attack them.

It's a very cool feature if you ask me.

>e
    You can't go there.
    >
    You can't go there.
    >

-------------------------------------
    You would have died if they were still acting aggresively (sp/even a word?)
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

They arn't attacking anymore? Hrm..news to me. They killed me three times today and I never attacked any of them.

-Adredrin
    Crystal Tears 24: OMG the man had a package that UPS couldn't deliver.

PS: How can you not see me post, I'm one of the biggest fucking attention whores on these boards. Christ. -Arkans

I woke up at 4:15 PM EST today (yesterday Eastern and Central), and they weren't attacking. So it happened somewhere before then.

I too didn't know that... so I went to sweep a Sentry to see how old they were.

Let's just say Sentries are old.

Now everytime I walk in town, they go after me. Bastards.

Nice feature though... wish I would have known about it prior to attacking one.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Woke up at 4:15? Must be nice. Get a job!
    [Wtf]-Brielus: "khaladon outbid me on my fuckin db item i wanted"

<<Woke up at 4:15? Must be nice. Get a job!>>

Make me.

Blog Entries

Oh wow!
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Mamma mia!