Page 84 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Denouement of U.S. Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    So politics is government?

P.S. The 80's called, they want their cocaine back.
    Politics and government aren't the same thing. Why do you keep arguing this. Yes they are related. No they are not the same. If you think they are the same, the quit fucking around and come out and prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I kind of doubt if the Americas will return to their origins because of Trump.

I get that you're trying to make a point here. Something about Indians probably. Can you use your words and simply make your point?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Why are you like this? Are you capable of conversation? We are talking about Latin American countries. The places where our migrants come from.

Canada's great which is why they're not migrating here. That's what I said earlier isnt it? Its in our interests to help these countries be places people don't want to flee
    Why do people want to flee Latin American countries?

It's government, but it isn't ours. Even if the United States played a small role (they did) you are in essence saying that we must all bear the burden for the actions of a few.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post

It's government, but it isn't ours. Even if the United States played a small role (they did) you are in essence saying that we must all bear the burden for the actions of a few.
    He doesn't know what he is saying half the time.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post

We don't bear a big burden. The migrants want to come here and work. They're not a horde of evil doers or anything. And yes, we don't bear "all the burden". We have some responsibility though and it's also good business for the USA to encourage stability.

This tweet has short clip from CNN debating the responsibility of the parents that came up yesterday.

https://twitter.com/CNNTonight/statu...50764285370369

Blog Entries

Politics and government aren't the same thing. Why do you keep arguing this. Yes they are related. No they are not the same. If you think they are the same, the quit fucking around and come out and prove it.

I get that you're trying to make a point here. Something about Indians probably. Can you use your words and simply make your point?
    Basically that, though the Europeans "finding" the american continent and the violence that took place is somewhat tragic, it is no different than any other time in history when an invader took over land. I would imagine the Aztecs would have done more to protect their borders had they known the Europeans would destroy their culture, of course their culture had yet to discover the wheel and were extremely tribalistic. We have a romantic version of what the American culture was like during it's settlement , for example the Lakota Vs. Pawnee . The end result of all the loss has ,in my opinion, made for a better future for the entire world and the taming of the American continent has been nothing short of a miracle.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Our voracious appetite for drugs destabilized our neighbors. It'll happen with prohibition and black markets. Then we went into these countries throwing our weight around, meddling, forcing policies they didn't want for a problem that is our own.
    If the drugs are already illegal, I'm not sure what "prohibition" will suddenly do... make them REALLY illegal this time?

We're not responsible for other countries.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

This article lays it out for all of us. We are at a crossroads. Permanent damage is being done to the republic and 30-40% of us cheer for it. We have a president who represents the USA but has decided to flip everything we've stood for on its head. Ideally, a president wouldn't do this. There would be some sense of history, of the past and the intangibles that make us who we are. There would also be a sense that you don't just break shit because you can since your job is temporary but the country will keep going on after your short 4 or 8 years of service. This is all absent from trump. You really can't claim to be a patriotic American and support a guy who's tearing down America.

A President who invokes absolute authority to…pardon himself. An ambassador to Germany who declares he wants to…topple the German government. Senators — the most powerful people in democracy, save the President — knocking on the door of a “detainment center”, looking for kids separated from their parents, only to be denied by guards who…laugh at them contemptuously, call the police, and have them shooed away like nobodies.

Do Americans understand how much trouble they’re now in? How grave the threat to America’s constitutional democracy, its civil society, its place in the world, and its ongoing survival is? Now. When I ask this question, you’ll protest: “Of course I do!” (or perhaps “You’re overstating it!!”, in which case the answer is already…no.) But I don’t mean you, yourself. I am asking you to ask yourself about everyone else, perhaps the mythical average American.

Here is a truth you would probably rather not hear.

America is at a crossroads. A point of no return. A democratic society cannot really survive the three assaults above, and go on being one. They may seem like just daily events in the ongoing sad saga of a troubled nation — but they are not just that. They contain great significance to history, which I feel American intellectuals are doing a poor job of interpreting and presenting to the American people. Let me take them one by one.

When a society has a leader who claims to not just be above the law — but to be the law — then such a society cannot be a democracy, or a constitutional republic, a res publica, the “public affair” of the classical Greeks. When a leader has absolute power, then rights cannot be said to exist, and there is no point to voting, representation, or legislation. If the will of the people, or their representatives, can be abrogated at any time, by a leader who can “pardon” anyone absolutely for anything, beginning with himself, then democracy ceases to matter in any way whatsoever — that is how you get to “90% of people vote for Putin!”, every single election.

https://eand.co/do-americans-know-ho...n-78e8ef00d53c
    Last edited by cwolff; 06-16-2018 at 07:56 AM.

This article lays it out for all of us. We are at a crossroads. Permanent damage is being done to the republic and 30-40% of us cheer for it. We have a president who represents the USA but has decided to flip everything we've stood for on its head. Ideally, a president wouldn't do this. There would be some sense of history, of the past and the intangibles that make us who we are. There would also be a sense that you don't just break shit because you can since your job is temporary but the country will keep going on after your short 4 or 8 years of service. This is all absent from trump. You really can't claim to be a patriotic American and support a guy who's tearing down America.
    Which damage, specifically is being done "to the republic"? Be specific.

Not "BUT I HATE TRUMP HE'S HITLER!" or "HILLARY WAS SUPPOSED TO WIN, IT'S NOT FAIR SHE WON BY 3 MILLION VOTES!"

Be specific about what is being done to damage the republic.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

It's 2018 for fucks sake! How the fuck anyone thinks thats some kind of excuse to do anything is fucking insane. Don't use the fucking bible for your bullshit then turn around and ignore it when your best buddies in power fuck hookers and do blow.

Shit like this is the first step to some final solution type shit.
    Look at Back all triggered.

Last edited by Methais; 06-16-2018 at 08:23 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible