Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Ignores Working People to Focus on Supreme Court

Default Trump Ignores Working People to Focus on Supreme Court

Most Americans were perplexed when Trump unilaterally stopped his government from pursuing economic relief for working people and small businesses hurt by his pandemic.

But one of his economic advisors, Larry Kudlow, gave us an explanation when he said "We’ve only got four weeks to the election and we have a justice of the Supreme Court to get passed. It’s too close to the election -- not enough time to get stuff done at this stage in the game."

I guess it helps explain why Trump stopped focusing on economic relief for us. Imagine thinking "we've only got four weeks left until the election, let's ignore working people and focus on making sure we can restrict women's healthcare."

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most Americans were perplexed when Trump unilaterally stopped his government from pursuing economic relief for working people and small businesses hurt by his pandemic.

But one of his economic advisors, Larry Kudlow, gave us an explanation when he said "We’ve only got four weeks to the election and we have a justice of the Supreme Court to get passed. It’s too close to the election -- not enough time to get stuff done at this stage in the game."

I guess it helps explain why Trump stopped focusing on economic relief for us. Imagine thinking "we've only got four weeks left until the election, let's ignore working people and focus on making sure we can restrict women's healthcare."
    But after he wins, don't worry, he'll start up those talks again! Nothing like trying to hold virus relief hostage to your own ego and reelection.

My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Or it could have something to do with Pelosi passing only pork filled bailouts for Leftist states and illegals. He has said many times that if he gets a clean relief bill that he would sign it but hey, let's not let facts get in the way. You haven't seemed upset that Pelosi has been being a major fuck through all of this and you only seem to be upset about the spending when you want to attack Trump but hey, Pelosi's 3T aid package of pork and BS was just fine with you.

Hypocrites.

Speaker Pelosi Decides Nothing Is Better Than Anything

Republicans Have Tried For Months To Compromise With Democrats, But Speaker Pelosi Has Refused To Budge From Her All-Or-Nothing Demands On Coronavirus Relief

SENATE MAJORITY LEADER MITCH McCONNELL (R-KY): “If Senate Democrats were half as concerned as they say about American families’ healthcare, they would not have filibustered a multi-hundred-billion-dollar proposal for more coronavirus relief just a few weeks ago…. Three weeks ago, every single Senator cast a vote on pre-existing conditions, money for testing, money for vaccines, money for safe schools, money for small businesses, and money for unemployed workers. Fifty-two Republicans voted to pass all these policies. And every single Democrat who showed up voted to filibuster it dead.” (Sen. McConnell, Remarks, 10/06/2020)

SEN. McCONNELL: “House Democrats [tried] to save face by introducing yet another multi-trillion-dollar far-left wish list with virtually all the same non-COVID-related poison-pills as their last unserious bill. Speaker Pelosi’s latest offering still does not include a single cent of new money for the Paycheck Protection Program, to help small businesses that are going under. It does nothing to help schools, universities, doctors, nurses, or employers avoid frivolous lawsuits…. They still want to send taxpayer-funded stimulus checks to people in our country illegally. They still want to hand a massively-expensive tax cut to millionaires and billionaires in places like New York City and San Francisco. A pet priority of the Speaker and the Democratic Leader that would do nothing to help working families through this pandemic. All of these far-left poison pills are still in their recycled bill. They have no intention of making bipartisan law for American families.” (Sen. McConnell, Remarks, 10/06/2020)

Speaker Pelosi Has Repeatedly Emphasized Her All-Or-Nothing Policy: ‘Don’t Be Misled By Thinking, Oh, Well, A Little Bit Is Better Than Nothing. No, It Isn’t’
    SEPTEMBER 9th: MSNBC’s ANDREA MITCHELL: “Well, is it better to go forward with some...
    HOUSE SPEAKER NANCY PELOSI (D-CA): “No, it isn’t. Now, let me -- thank you so much for that question, because I hear it a lot. And, clearly, it springs from all the good intentions we all have to help people as soon as we can. … So, don’t be misled by thinking, oh, well, a little bit is better than nothing. No, it isn’t.” (MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” 9/09/2020)

SEPTEMBER 14th: SPEAKER PELOSI: “Don’t be a cheap date.” (“Democrats, Republicans Point Fingers Over Lack of Coronavirus Aid Bill,” The Wall Street Journal, 9/14/2020)

SEPTEMBER 18th: BLOOMBERG’s DAVID WESTIN: “You mentioned negotiating with the Administration. The Administration has sent signals, they weren’t very subtle, saying they’re interested in something like $1.5 trillion compromise, which would have, as I understand it, $450 a week – not $600, but $450 a week for people for at least eight weeks, and would have $500 billion for the states. Not the $900 [billion] you asked for, but not the $100 [billion] the Republicans have said. Isn’t something better than nothing?”
    SPEAKER PELOSI: “No.” (Bloomberg, 9/18/2020)

OCTOBER 1st: SPEAKER PELOSI: “And so, when people say, as some of you do, ‘Isn’t something better than nothing?’ No.” (Bloomberg, 10/01/2020)

OCTOBER 1st: SPEAKER PELOSI: “And some of you have asked, isn’t something better than nothing? No. There can be an opportunity cost that says we’re rewarding the wealthy because they’re wealthy, they’re successful, at the expense of the poor.” (Speaker Pelosi, Press Conference, 10/01/2020)

OCTOBER 2nd: SPEAKER PELOSI: “But again, we’re not just taking the path of least resistance because everybody says, ‘Just take something, something is better than nothing.’ No…” (MSNBC, 10/02/2020)

Speaker Pelosi Also Reiterated That Democrat Leaders Wouldn’t Offer Policy Compromises To Get Relief To Americans: ‘We Didn’t Cut Things Out We Just Brought It Down’

SPEAKER PELOSI:“[W]here we could perhaps change the timing so it’s less money now. That’s how we were able to come down. We didn’t cut things out we just brought it down. … And we came down $1.2 trillion, and we think we can negotiate within that …” (MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” 9/16/2020)

FLASHBACK: A Month Ago, Every Present Senate Democrat Voted To Block Moving Forward On A Targeted COVID Relief Bill
    46 Democrats voted to block Senate action on the relief bill. (S.178, Roll Call Vote #168: Motion Rejected: R: 52-1; D: 0-44; I: 0-2, 9/10/2020)

The Hill: “Senate Democrats block GOP relief bill” (“Senate Democrats Block GOP Relief Bill,” The Hill, 9/10/2020)

“Senate Democrats blocked a GOP coronavirus bill on Thursday amid a deep stalemate over the next relief package. Senators voted 52-47 on the roughly $500 billion Republican bill …” (“Senate Democrats Block GOP Relief Bill,” The Hill, 9/10/2020)
    https://www.republicanleader.senate....-than-anything

*Note, emphasis added.

So Keller, stop gaslighting you feckless shill.
    Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 10-07-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Or it could have something to do with Pelosi passing only pork filled bailouts for Leftist states and illegals. He has said many times that if he gets a clean relief bill that he would sign it but hey, let's not let facts get in the way. You haven't seemed upset that Pelosi has been being a major fuck through all of this and you only seem to be upset about the spending when you want to attack Trump but hey, Pelosi's 3T aid package of pork and BS was just fine with you.

Hypocrites.

https://www.republicanleader.senate....-than-anything
    We could have had free pork?!
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    We could have had free pork?!
    You aren't rich enough to have gotten any of that pork.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

This isn’t a bad thing. They need to stop spending money they don’t have. We know though after the retarded political theater plays out they will spend just as much if not more. They got to keep their pockets lined and let us sheeple foot the bill!
    Semper superne nitens.

Squiggles, can you help me understand why the federal government should tax dollars that taxpayers have already paid in tax?

Like if I earn $100, pay $10 in tax, shouldn't any incremental tax on my earnings be a tax on $90 and not a tax on $100?

Why is McConnel holding up COVID relief because he wants Americans to pay MORE tax?

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Squiggles, can you help me understand why the federal government should tax dollars that taxpayers have already paid in tax?
    Not sure anyone can help you with that dumb question, Pedo. Maybe try English this time?

If you can't communicate effectively, find someone to help you. Maybe a neighbor's underage kid?
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 10-07-2020 at 12:20 PM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

9. Default

Um, didn't Nancy send the house home until after the election?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Trump already said if Pelosi would stop trying to pass bills that bailout CA and NY and instead passed a clean bill that sent out checks directly to American citizens then he would sign that bill immediately.

Who is the one who doesn’t care about working people?