Page 665 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 1655656156556636646656666676757157651165 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,650 of 11903

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

It's been going on since when? Mid 90's? The first exposure I had to the fake news right wing media was Rush. I bet it has to do with Clinton winning the presidency. The right lost it's collective mind then. Newt came out with his "contract with America" bullshit and it all dovetails into Fox News starting up and being led by a Nixon man.

Social Media Giants are silencing millions of people. Can’t do this even if it means we must continue to hear Fake News like CNN, whose ratings have suffered gravely. People have to figure out what is real, and what is not, without censorship!

Now we have a president who's been the champion of the National Enquirer (we know why now) and can't survive if people don't listen to his fake news. That line about "People have to figure out what is real," is his way of saying please don't take away my ability to feed lies to the American public.

Could you imagine if he had to do an honest interview either under oath or in a debate format with fact checkers.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    It's been going on since when? Mid 90's? The first exposure I had to the fake news right wing media was Rush. I bet it has to do with Clinton winning the presidency. The right lost it's collective mind then. Newt came out with his "contract with America" bullshit and it all dovetails into Fox News starting up and being led by a Nixon man.

Now we have a president who's been the champion of the National Enquirer (we know why now) and can't survive if people don't listen to his fake news. That line about "People have to figure out what is real," is his way of saying please don't take away my ability to feed lies to the American public.

Could you imagine if he had to do an honest interview either under oath or in a debate format with fact checkers.
    Honestly, after Trump anyone hosting a Presidential debate NEEDS to have Fact checkers there tweeting live fact checks.

And I'm trying to remember when that myth of the liberal media stuff came about. I feel like it started with that U of Indiana study years ago (It actually might have been the 90s) that showed there were more journalists identifying as Democrats than as Republicans. It was grossly misrepresented. Republican identification was like 10%, but Democratic identification was only like 25%. Half of journalists identified as independents. This also plays into the conservative narrative that being liberal or a Democrat effectively taints you- you can't possibly be objective at that point. But being conservative, of course, is always treated as an objective lens.

The whole narrative, on its face, is utterly ridiculous. But they do buy into it, and it's been decades in the making. I would guess a lot of it is rooted in the Evangelical takeover of the GOP (which, again, started to truly gain ground around the 90s). You have this group of people who are absolutely willing to take anything on faith- as long as it's what they want to hear, of course. They're used to dismissing science and facts. That perspective on the world just seemed to spread among conservatives, and it gave rise to this huge conservative media complex that the Russians were very easily able to manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Honestly, after Trump anyone hosting a Presidential debate NEEDS to have Fact checkers there tweeting live fact checks.

And I'm trying to remember when that myth of the liberal media stuff came about. I feel like it started with that U of Indiana study years ago (It actually might have been the 90s) that showed there were more journalists identifying as Democrats than as Republicans. It was grossly misrepresented. Republican identification was like 10%, but Democratic identification was only like 25%. Half of journalists identified as independents. This also plays into the conservative narrative that being liberal or a Democrat effectively taints you- you can't possibly be objective at that point. But being conservative, of course, is always treated as an objective lens.

The whole narrative, on its face, is utterly ridiculous. But they do buy into it, and it's been decades in the making. I would guess a lot of it is rooted in the Evangelical takeover of the GOP (which, again, started to truly gain ground around the 90s). You have this group of people who are absolutely willing to take anything on faith- as long as it's what they want to hear, of course. They're used to dismissing science and facts. That perspective on the world just seemed to spread among conservatives, and it gave rise to this huge conservative media complex that the Russians were very easily able to manipulate.
    Yup. There was sea change in the GOP between Reagan/Bush and even W. Bush. George H.W. Bush wanted to tackle climate change for example. By the time his son lost the popular vote to become president they were denying it as liberal media hysteria.

Oh that's hilarious.

You were wrong about the following:

1) Trump having extensive Russian ties
    2) The Trump Campaign having dozens of contacts with the Russian government
    3) Russia interfering with our elections
    4) Coney's firing being serious enough to warrant an investigation
    5) Clinton not being indicted for anything
    6) Trump self-dealing and breaking numerous laws with his foundation
    7) The Trump Tower meeting involving a meeting with a Russian government representative and a conversation about both sanctions and the Russian government offering help to the campaign (i.e. Collusion)
    8) The Mueller investigation being legitimate and actually leading to indictments
    9) Flynn actually having lied about his own Russian contacts
    10) Comey having been fired specifically over the Russia investigation
    11) Democrats being heavily favored to win back the House
    12) The first two Muslim bans being illegal (how quickly they forget)
    13) The tax bill causing inflation to rise
    14) Several parts of the Steele Dossier having been corroborated
    15) The Steele Dossier not being what started the Russia investigation
    16) Carter Page being a Russian spy
    17) The Carter Page FISA warrant application not being based on the Steele Dossier
    18) The Carter Page FISA warrant application did mention the Steele Dossier was a piece of opportunities research

The list goes on and on.

And here's why you people are always so incredibly wrong: you listen to people who lie to you over and over again. And you're so deeply stupid that you keep going back for more
    Talk about lying.

Can you show me any actual quotes of me stating these 18 things?

Protip: You can't claim I'm wrong if I've never stated it.

I'll wait until you actually prove your case instead of throwing out as much shit as possible and hoping something sticks.

So far, you are 0-3. Come on.. at LEAST bring it to 3-3 so you don't look like the gigantic dumb cunt you always do.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Oh that's hilarious.

You were wrong about the following:

1) Trump having extensive Russian ties
    2) The Trump Campaign having dozens of contacts with the Russian government
    3) Russia interfering with our elections
    4) Coney's firing being serious enough to warrant an investigation
    5) Clinton not being indicted for anything
    6) Trump self-dealing and breaking numerous laws with his foundation
    7) The Trump Tower meeting involving a meeting with a Russian government representative and a conversation about both sanctions and the Russian government offering help to the campaign (i.e. Collusion)
    8) The Mueller investigation being legitimate and actually leading to indictments
    9) Flynn actually having lied about his own Russian contacts
    10) Comey having been fired specifically over the Russia investigation
    11) Democrats being heavily favored to win back the House
    12) The first two Muslim bans being illegal (how quickly they forget)
    13) The tax bill causing inflation to rise
    14) Several parts of the Steele Dossier having been corroborated
    15) The Steele Dossier not being what started the Russia investigation
    16) Carter Page being a Russian spy
    17) The Carter Page FISA warrant application not being based on the Steele Dossier
    18) The Carter Page FISA warrant application did mention the Steele Dossier was a piece of opportunities research

The list goes on and on.

And here's why you people are always so incredibly wrong: you listen to people who lie to you over and over again. And you're so deeply stupid that you keep going back for more
    Lot of words from someone who can't even explain which legal theory she is going by that suggests Mueller can take Trump to court if he pardoned Manafort.

Or that no one has ever received a presidential pardon before they went to court.

Or that an acquittal is an official verdict of innocence.

Or that someone can be tried for the exact same crime after being found not guilty if the prosecution finds new evidence.

That last one is probably the best of all, the woman who pretends to be such an expert on law and order can't even get the very basics right.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Talk about lying.

I'll wait until you actually prove your case instead of throwing out as much shit as possible and hoping something sticks.

So far, you are 0-3. Come on.. at LEAST bring it to 3-3 so you don't look like the gigantic dumb cunt you always do.
    Reported for assuming gender.

So..... 0-3 time4fun is still 0-3.

Shocker.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Talk about lying.

So you didn't argue that Clinton was going to be indicted? And you didn't argue vehemently against the notion that Russia was responsible for meddling in our elections? And you never once argued that Comey's firing wasn't a big deal and was so obviously legal there was no need for an investigation? And you didn't argue that the lawyer in the Trump Tower meeting was "just a lawyer who happened to be Russian"?

And you didn't repeatedly call the Steel Dossier completely fictional and unverified? You didn't claim that the Carter Page FISA warrant was completely based on the Steel Dossier, or that they didn't actually mention it was opposition research?

And you didn't repeatedly say that the Muslim bans were ALL legal? (There were three sweetie, and two were struck down by the Courts)

Let me help you out- You argued ALL of that. And so much more. You laughed and jeered at those of us who pointed out what was really going on. You called outlets like Washington Post, CNN, and The New York Times "fake news" for the stories they broke on these 18 subjects (and more)- which all ended up being true.

You and I have disagreed on every single one of these 18 topics and more. And I was right about all of them. So in order for your revisionist history trick to be right- we'd all have to believe that you and I have been in agreement on these subjects. And, well, THAT'S some fake news.

And let's be really clear on this- I've had hundreds upon hundreds of political posts over the last two years on virtually every subject that has come up. The only things you were able to come up with were the election (totally correct...also 2 years ago), 1 out of 3 Muslim Bans (you were wrong on the other two), and your fake claim that there was no collusion between Trump and Russia- which isn't a fact no matter how you slice it. That's just you repeating some silly talking point.

So if that's all you could come up with, and you and I haven't been on the same side of any of these discussions- then honey, you have been nothing but wrong for 2 straight years.

Yo, T4F, have you seen any reports about Weisselberg being granted complete immunity from prosecution vs. transactional or use immunity and does that mean anything?

So you didn't argue that Clinton was going to be indicted?
    From what I recall Parkbandit didn't say Hillary was going to be indicted, not because he thought she was innocent, but because people like her always get away with this shit.

The only person I can remember saying Hillary was going to be indicted was your new boy toy Androidpk.