Page 243 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343743 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 11903

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

This article surprised me so I googled it. Politifact gives it a solid TRUE – The statement is accurate and there’s nothing significant missing.

"If you look at the official poverty measure in California, we’re about average with the rest of the country," Mayes said. "But if you use the supplemental poverty measure, we are in the lead. We have the highest poverty rate in the nation -- higher than New Mexico, higher than any of the southern states, Louisiana, Alabama, higher than Idaho."
    "I think Assemblymember Mayes’ comments are accurate," said Chris Hoene, executive director of the left-leaning California Budget Policy Center, which has closely studied poverty in the state.
    Hoene said the high poverty rate in the supplemental report is driven by California’s stratospheric housing costs. He added that use of the supplemental measure has gained wide acceptance among researchers.
    "I think in most quarters, that’s not disputed," he said.
    Marybeth Mattingly, a researcher at the Stanford Center on Poverty and Inequality added by email: "Basically, yes, this statement is (sadly) accurate."
    That hits me right in my politics. I'm running into the same shit here in Denver though. Housing prices are going up fast. One house in my neighborhood sold at 381k last year. It could do 430k this year. Between that and the stock market, it feels like that next recession is indeed just around the corner. I wanted to buy a house last year and was appalled at the prices but ended up breaking my leg at work and was on workers comp in the few months before my apt. lease expired, so I re-upped the lease for 1 year. Now I'm stressing about buying this year and getting in to a property at the peak of the bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Well I'm furious with what the GOP has done so far but I don't put blame on Trump. I think Ryan and McConnell need to go. That said, tax cuts are in effect (which is positive) and hopefully most Americans won't be affected by the next recession to hit (later this year or early 2019).
    Last edited by cwolff; 04-08-2018 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Jesus.

You know, I think we all have fundamentally understood that you have had some emotional issues that you've been working through on these forums for years. But, tonight is actually the first time I realized- you actually can't help yourself. I don't mean that in an accusing way- I mean that in a very sincere, apologetic, way.

I'm writing to a grown man who is typing in all caps and saying things like, "You still have that persistent diarrhea from HiV?", who has currently picked a fight with no fewer than 4 people in a thread because they said something he didn't agree with, and who is accusing everyone around him of being out of control- while posting 12-15 times an hour.

And he's doing it in a forum for a game he hasn't played in years. A forum with a rep system that he has spent an inordinate amount of time learning to manipulate in order to punish people who make him feel lesser in any way- less intelligent, less knowledgeable, less reasonable, less successful, etc.

And this grown man finds these slights- intentional or not- from complete strangers to be so painful that the punishment lasts for months- even after he thinks someone is gone. It enrages him, and he cannot help himself after that. He has to "even the score", prove to himself that these other people who make him feel lesser are actually the ones who are lesser. That doesn't make you a bad person. It just makes you ill. And that means that pushing back on you is actually the equivalent of judging someone who is autistic for not making eye contact. It's cruel.

And for my part, I'm sorry. I hope that you do get some help at some point, or, at least, that this forum provides you with the outlet you need to keep yourself from pouring this rage and pain into your real relationships. And I will do my best to stop putting you in positions that trigger a compulsive set of behaviors that you can't control.

Because I'm realizing tonight that your behavior isn't unfair towards others- it's an unfair reality you're forced to live with.

And I would encourage others to recognize the same and to treat you with some more compassion.

If you were really serious about helping me, I think the best step in my rehabilitation would be for you to stop posting on the Internet.

I have a very serious condition known as Stultusitis. Without your help and assistance, I doubt I will ever be rid of this problem.

Thank you for your understanding, compassion and cooperation while I deal with this.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    know what's really fucked up? This dude PB can probably own guns.
    Do you think he’s going to go on a shooting spree because he says mean things to you on a text game forum?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Yeah, the world was going to end.

Instead, because of Trump, she is doing extremely well. We basically have to hear how wonderful her life is everyday on lnet. She is even doing so well from the tax cuts that she is funding the ACLU (really, she said that)!
    I bet she donated like $10, therefore she’s bankrolling them now.

I like how they’re still clinging onto “You made X posts in a row that means you’re soooooo mad!”

Like most things in life that involve not being a bitter cunt, the joke is sailing way over her head.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-08-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    "LOOK AT HOW MUCH I'M NOT THINKING ABOUT YOU!" -- Parkbandit, the guy who's spent 10+ years leaving bigoted, angrily sexualized messages to strangers on the Internet, as fast as he can.
    Serious question...how much time do you think it takes to leave rep? You sound like it takes you several minutes to leave one rep. How long does it take you to leave rep?

Jesus.

You know, I think we all have fundamentally understood that you have had some emotional issues that you've been working through on these forums for years. But, tonight is actually the first time I realized- you actually can't help yourself. I don't mean that in an accusing way- I mean that in a very sincere, apologetic, way.

I'm writing to a grown man who is typing in all caps and saying things like, "You still have that persistent diarrhea from HiV?", who has currently picked a fight with no fewer than 4 people in a thread because they said something he didn't agree with, and who is accusing everyone around him of being out of control- while posting 12-15 times an hour.

And he's doing it in a forum for a game he hasn't played in years. A forum with a rep system that he has spent an inordinate amount of time learning to manipulate in order to punish people who make him feel lesser in any way- less intelligent, less knowledgeable, less reasonable, less successful, etc.

And this grown man finds these slights- intentional or not- from complete strangers to be so painful that the punishment lasts for months- even after he thinks someone is gone. It enrages him, and he cannot help himself after that. He has to "even the score", prove to himself that these other people who make him feel lesser are actually the ones who are lesser. That doesn't make you a bad person. It just makes you ill. And that means that pushing back on you is actually the equivalent of judging someone who is autistic for not making eye contact. It's cruel.

And for my part, I'm sorry. I hope that you do get some help at some point, or, at least, that this forum provides you with the outlet you need to keep yourself from pouring this rage and pain into your real relationships. And I will do my best to stop putting you in positions that trigger a compulsive set of behaviors that you can't control.

Because I'm realizing tonight that your behavior isn't unfair towards others- it's an unfair reality you're forced to live with.

And I would encourage others to recognize the same and to treat you with some more compassion.

This is a quadruple post to point out my TRIPLE POST!

According to the PC post police, how mad does this make me?

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    This article surprised me so I googled it. Politifact gives it a solid TRUE – The statement is accurate and there’s nothing significant missing.

That hits me right in my politics. I'm running into the same shit here in Denver though. Housing prices are going up fast. One house in my neighborhood sold at 381k last year. It could do 430k this year. Between that and the stock market, it feels like that next recession is indeed just around the corner. I wanted to buy a house last year and was appalled at the prices but ended up breaking my leg at work and was on workers comp in the few months before my apt. lease expired, so I re-upped the lease for 1 year. Now I'm stressing about buying this year and getting in to a property at the peak of the bubble
    Sounds like you are renting based on your comments. I wouldn't be buying at this time if it were me but Denver has a lot of good things going for it. Who knows if it really is at the peak - local markets are so different.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    This is a quadruple post to point out my TRIPLE POST!

According to the PC post police, how mad does this make me?
    Well according to time4funz you cannot post multiple times AND not play Gemstone. So you're like super duper mad but not as mad as someone who posts many times and doesn't play Gemstone.

My favorite part of the stupidity is that they are legitimately suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome and have been for 2 years now. Literally crying about the election results.. like WTF? REALLY?

And NOW all of a sudden, they have control of their emotions and have just been posting and posting and posting about mean President Trump.. and can now offer mental health assessments by counting the number of posts you make in a row.

Holy fuck... just when I thought they can't possibly get any dumber: BOOM... and prove me wrong.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Sounds like you are renting based on your comments. I wouldn't be buying at this time if it were me but Denver has a lot of good things going for it. Who knows if it really is at the peak - local markets are so different.
    Exactly. I hate to buy now but I moved back here purposefully, not a random transfer or anything. We'll probably suck it up, save save save, and be ready to weather the next rainy day
    Last edited by cwolff; 04-08-2018 at 02:45 PM.