Page 1066 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 665669661016105610641065106610671068107611161166 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,660 of 11903

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Well, sure. Name for me some things Democrat presidential candidates have pushed for so far that isn't something I already named or isn't equally as insane.
    I haven't read much about what the Presidential candidates have said specifically yet because they're not yet campaigning. We get more than enough years of BS without starting early, so I'm abstaining until then. But I was just adding an example from my own Congressman to my previous post that I'm sure you never read about. Josh Gottheimer, Democrat, New Jersey, has criticized Obamacare, worked for the Clinton campaigns, agreed with investigations between Russian ties, and also and praised Trump. He also supports large public works projects and emphasis on mass transit. And I'm betting you read nothing about any of that, and may not even know who he is. Because those stories are boring.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 03-08-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I haven't read much about what the Presidential candidates have said specifically yet because they're not yet campaigning.
    Really? You sit here and accuse me of just seeking out the worst of the worst stories and surely I'm just ignoring the more moderate proposals Democrats have backed lately and you come back with you haven't read much of what the presidential candidates have talked about lately because they're "not yet campaigning"? You being for real right now?

And you're absolutely right I have never heard of your Congressman so I looked him up and surprise surprise, his predecessor was a Republican. Like I said in my other post almost all of the moderate Democrats in congress come from districts that are swing districts because they can't stray too far left or they'll be out of a job in a year.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-08-2019 at 10:17 AM.

3. Default

You know what I think is sad right now.

Pelosi is a moderate democrat.
    I'm bringing the term faggot Back

4. Default

Really? You sit here and accuse me of just seeking out the worst of the worst stories and surely I'm just ignoring the more moderate proposals Democrats have backed lately and you come back with you haven't read much of what the presidential candidates have talked about lately because they're "not yet campaigning"? You being for real right now?
    Yes, I am for real right now. There's a very strong chance I've read things about a lot of the people who have come out and said they'll be running, but what I am saying is that I haven't gone out of my way to find out who's running yet, so beyond one or two people, I couldn't tell you who they are. I also won't look it up until primary season.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVerdad View Post
    You know what I think is sad right now.

Pelosi is a moderate democrat.
    No, she's not. She just happens to be one of the only adults in the democrap room right now.

And you're absolutely right I have never heard of your Congressman so I looked him up and surprise surprise, his predecessor was a Republican. Like I said in my other post almost all of the moderate Democrats in congress come from districts that are swing districts because they can't stray too far left or they'll be out of a job in a year.
    Not only was his predecessor a Republican, but that seat has been held be a Republican for almost 90 years. I can't possibly imagine why this Democrat hasn't strayed too far to the left in his first year in office!

7. Default

Heavens to Betsy! You mean that some people in elected positions represent the views of the demographics in their districts? STOP THE PRESSES! People are definitely going to want to read about this instead of a crazy junior congresswoman and her eleventy-trillion dollar plan to save the whales.

New Jersey was pretty Republican until the mid 80s, when it started tipping over to the blue side. It's not quite a swing state, but it's definitely a slow swinging pendulum that stays kind've close to the middle a lot of the time.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 03-08-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Heaven's to Betsy! You mean that some people in elected positions represent the views of the demographics in their districts? STOP THE PRESSES! People are definitely going to want to read about this instead of a crazy junior congresswoman and her eleventy-trillion dollar plan to save the whales.
    Tgo01: The only moderate Democrats left in congress anymore mostly come from swing districts.
    Stumplicker: What about my Congressman? He supports Trump sometimes.
    Tgo01: Your congressman is a first year House member who won in a district that has been Republican for almost 90 years, of course he's moderate.
    Stumplicker: <insert sarcastic inane ramblings>

Glad we had this talk, Stumplicker.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-08-2019 at 10:29 AM.

9. Default

Tgo01: The only moderate Democrats left in congress anymore mostly come from swing districts.
    Stumplicker: What about my Congressman? He supports Trump sometimes.
    Tgo01: Your congressman is a first year House member who won in a district that has been Republican for almost 90 years, of course he's moderate.
    Stumplicker: <insert sarcastic inane rambligns>

Glad we had this talk, Stumplicker.
    Yeah, I saw you added that to your first post after I replied. Or maybe you were editing while I was replying. I'm not sure. Either way, you didn't say it initially.

The news prints what will get them clicks. Boring centrist stories don't get clicks. This isn't something that should surprise you.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 03-08-2019 at 10:32 AM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    No, she's not. She just happens to be one of the only adults in the democrap room right now.
    That's my point. I'd never in a million years think of her as a moderate.
    I'm bringing the term faggot Back