Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Comey Testimony

My takeaways..

First, Comey said he was afraid Trump would lie about what Trump said. Zing! In fact, either Trump is lying or Comey is lying. Comey says that Trump invited Comey to dinner and asked for Comey's loyalty. Trump says that Comey requested the dinner and that Trump never asked for Comey's loyalty. One of them is lying. My sense is that the public is more likely to believe Comey than Trump.

Second, it doesn't really matter if Trump asked for Comey's loyalty. If all they have on Trump is what he said to Comey, then it's not enough. Comey says he interpreted it as an order from Trump. I don't believe Comey really interpreted it that way. The Republican Senators completely failed to ask the correct followup questions. They should have explored with Comey whether he would have done anything differently if Trump had explicitly said, "Director Comey, I order you to drop this investigation." Of course Comeny would have behaved differently in that case, which means that he didn't really think Trump was giving him an order.

Third, McCain is losing it. His rambling questions reflected a lack of understanding of the most elementary parts of the investigations. Fourth, McCain is losing it. Oh, wait. Did I say that already?

Fourth, Rosenstein's reputation is not likely to survive the investigation. Comey testified today that he told Rosenstein about Trump's loyalty request before Rosenstein wrote the memo about Comey. Unfortunately for Rosenstein, he is just an expendable satellite.

Fifth, Comey got his revenge and showed that he is more clever than I thought. He revealed that he authorized leaking information about his loyalty dinner with Trump. He said that he did so, in part, to force Rosenstein to appoint a special prosecutor. See the fourth point above.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Today was not a good day for Trump.
    If only wishes could come true!

So.. collusion is off the table.. are you hanging your "hope" on obstruction now?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    So.. collusion is off the table.. are you hanging your "hope" on obstruction now?
    With D.C. scandals, it's always the cover up.

There's nothing wrong with colluding with Russians. But it is a crime to cover up the collusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    With D.C. scandals, it's always the cover up.

There's nothing wrong with colluding with Russians. But it is a crime to cover up the collusion.
    That makes sense... if they can't find any evidence of colluding... then Trump clearly covered it up!

LYNCH THAT ORANGE GLO MOTHER FUCKER!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

5. Default

The general consensus in the media is that McCain is a fucking wacko.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    The general consensus in the media is that McCain is a fucking wacko.
    He's a hero to the left when it comes to big bad Trump mocking him for being caught during war, all other times he's the enemy of the people.

7. Default

Oh, and let's talk about former AG Lynch obstructing justice. We need to go back in time and get a special prosecutor.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    That makes sense... if they can't find any evidence of colluding... then Trump clearly covered it up!

LYNCH THAT ORANGE GLO MOTHER FUCKER!
    Sounds like my crazy ex when she'd grab my phone and look through it convinced that I was cheating on her and would never find anything. Then it became "You must have already deleted everything!!!!!" and I'm just like

Last edited by Methais; 06-08-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

This was shit; there was nothing.

It's hilarious that the conservative posse is walking out of this thinking it was a good day and collusion is somehow "off the table".

There's a lot in today that was terrible for Trump.

And Clyde- they don't "just" have the wildly inappropriate conversations between Trump and Comey.

They also have that Comey was fired after refusing to agree to a loyalty pledge as well as other requests to "lift the cloud" of the Russia investigation from Comey.

Inappropriate demands to cease investigations​ + refusal to do so divided by being fired afterwards = obstruction.