Page 961 of 1679 FirstFirst ... 461861911951959960961962963971101110611461 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,610 of 16786

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    The Senate is going to try him- they actually have to. McConnell is just playing hot potato with it and is waiting until Biden is in office and he's no longer Senate Majority Leader. (Which, in fairness to him, is what any Senate Majority Leader would do in his situation)

In fact, McConnell is sort of playing a strange game in general right now. His team has been leaking the stuff we've been seeing in the news about him being happy with impeachment, saying Trump committed impeachable offenses, letting people know he never plans to talk to Trump again, and straight up saying he hates Trump.

But he and his spokespeople have been saying things that question the validity of impeachment at the same time. And he's not rushing the trial when he could and presumably would if he really believes impeachment is the right thing to do.

My guess here is that McConnell is trying to have it both ways right now. He seems to be trying to give the sense that he is breaking with Trump (likely for historical record reasons) while still running interference for him to avoid a full on Republican civil war and to provide cover for his caucus to vote no in the trial.
    I'm pretty sure there is going to be an amazing Supreme Court case that is going to heavily question the judicial power of the Senate on a private citizen. He will NOT be tried while President. He will be a private citizen. Impeachment and Convictions of are 100% designed as a method to remove political and judicial officials. As a private citizen, the actual court systems exist for him.

Historically, resignation doesn't protect you from the Senate trial, but leaving the office for events out of your control, such as expulsion or your term ending would.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-15-2021 at 09:38 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is going to be an amazing Supreme Court case that is going to heavily question the judicial power of the Senate on a private citizen. He will NOT be tried while President. He will be a private citizen. Impeachment and Convictions of are 100% designed as a method to remove political and judicial officials. As a private citizen, the actual court systems exist for him.

Historically, resignation doesn't protect you from the Senate trial, but leaving the office for events out of your control, such as expulsion or your term ending would.
    This WaPo article would seem to confirm that: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...achment-trial/

I agree that his actions before and during the insurrection when he delayed intervening were impeachable, but given the likely hood of not going anywhere, I wonder how wise it was. But, being somewhat left of center myself, I'd imagine crazies on the far left would have cried holy hell if Congress didn't do it. I think I'll move to Scotland and just work at an inn. Better than putting up with this whole mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    This WaPo article would seem to confirm that: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...achment-trial/

I agree that his actions before and during the insurrection when he delayed intervening were impeachable, but given the likely hood of not going anywhere, I wonder how wise it was. But, being somewhat left of center myself, I'd imagine crazies on the far left would have cried holy hell if Congress didn't do it. I think I'll move to Scotland and just work at an inn. Better than putting up with this whole mess.
    The crazies on the far left have been working on impeachment since before Trump's inauguration. It doesn't matter if it has grounds, this is nothing but a political hatchet job. Democrats have been trying to undo the 2016 election results for 4 years now and this was their last chance to "get even".

And the Republicans aren't much better... they don't want Trump to run again in 2024 and will do anything they can to make sure that happens.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Semper superne nitens.

I bet Trump and family move to Russia at some point after all this.
    I'll take that bet.

How much?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984