Page 352 of 1668 FirstFirst ... 2523023423503513523533543624024528521352 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 16680

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    I'm sorry that you find that reality inconvenient, but don't try to pass your avoidance off as you just trying to avoid fake information. It's actually the opposite of that.
    You're happy with any narrative that fits your agenda. Typically because it's laden with opinion over fact and you are not a factual individual. You prefer emotion to reality.

Get back to me when you're being factual and not emotional. We can have our discussion then.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    You're happy with any narrative that fits your agenda. Typically because it's laden with opinion over fact and you are not a factual individual. You prefer emotion to reality.

Get back to me when you're being factual and not emotional. We can have our discussion then.
    This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    This is correct.
    Sums it up amazingly.

Right. I'm sure she made the whole thing up just to make you all feel bad in her head.

Are you people ever right about anything?
    ROFL

Oh cunty...

Considering that you’re giving zero details about this fictional rep for your fictional friend who’s apparently non-fictionally just as retarded as you are, the burden of proof, or even just a shred of evidence, is on you.

Which you’ll never produce because you spend most of your time on here making up retarded shit just like this.

Yet still can’t figure out why no one except soywolffpk takes you seriously about literally anything you say at all.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-02-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

They are being threatened. I have a right to a free press, for example. I have a right to functional justice system. This man is threatening both. (Plus a whole host of other rights that are tangential to this conversation but not tangential to millions of lives)

Is he advocating for violence? No (though he has egged on violent reactions to the press during his campaign events- so let's not let him off of the hook so fast on this one). Is violence a reasonably predictable byproduct of his constant attacks and the framing of the press as the enemy? Yeah actually it is. And once- just once- it would be great if he (or any of you all) would hold him accountable for that. He's not a six year-old child. He's the President of the United States, and not all of us are looking to sink our standards below the gutter.

But, honestly, as far as his "frustrations with the press"...Astray, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the press have been right.

When the Press reported about Michael Flynn's improper foreign contacts and lied to the FBI- Trump accused them of peddling fake news. They were right.
    When the Press reported about the dozens of meetings his campaign had with Russian government officials and cutouts? They were right
    When the Press reported that he fired Comey over the Russia investigation? They were right.
    When the Press reported that Trump had business dealings with Russia during the campaign? They were right.
    When the Press reported that the Trump Foundation had been engaging in shady self-dealing and was in gross violation of the law? They were right.
    When the Press reported that the top Trump campaign officials (including Trump's son and son-in-law) met with the Russians to get dirt on Clinton? They were right.
    When the Press reported that Trump DID know about the Stormy Daniels payments, and that they violated Federal law? They were right.
    When the Press reported that Russia had meddled in our elections? They were right.
    When the Press reported that Kushner had met with the head of the Russian bank to set up a backdoor channel? They were right.

When the Press reported that Carter Page was a Russian spy, and that his FISA warrant was approved properly? They were right.
    When the Press reported that Manafort had been in contact with someone from Russian Intelligence through the whole campaign? They were right.

I could go on for LITERALLY hundreds of examples here. And every single time Trump accused the Press of peddling fake news.

So let's just get one thing straight. The Press was reporting real news. Trump was the one pushing fake news.

So your concerns over accountability are grossly misdirected here. And it's time to own up to that fact.
    TRDR
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

First, if you're willing to admit to fact when it's true- then how about you begin by acknowledging that Trump is the one who has been lying, and the Press has been trying to fight lies with truth so that you- the voter- can make decisions based on reality and not cynical perversions of it.

As far for an "obsession" with him- don't confuse my obsession with my politics, my government, and civil rights for an obsession with a wannabe dictator who sold our country out to the Russians and who has broken every law ever put in front of him as a matter of sport. I've been engrossed in politics since I was in high school- I've worked on campaigns, I've been on boards of non-profits, I've worked at the UN, and I spent many years (and A LOT of money) studying the intersection between law, identity, and equality. My concern with our democracy vastly predates your awareness of it.

And ultimately, I'm not the one who spends their days making excuses for him.

Your willingness to "look the other way" while our democratic norms crumble, while our election system is sold out to- and manipulated by- our greatest geopolitical adversary, and while the civil rights of your neighbors are attacked is not a virtue.

And my desire to have a functional democracy that isn't susceptible to corruption by totalitarian instincts and its morally bankrupt enablement as so many others have been before is not a fault.
    Damn you went to schools for retards then.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    TRDR
    lol guessing this means, "too retarded; didn't read."

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    lol guessing this means, "too retarded; didn't read."

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    TRDR
    TGDR

Blog Entries

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam