Page 1264 of 1671 FirstFirst ... 26476411641214125412621263126412651266127413141364 ... LastLast
Results 12,631 to 12,640 of 16703

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You better watch yourself... she makes more than all of us.
    You forgot the combined part.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Taking a very literal interpretation of the Bible, especially the Old Testament, is generally not a great idea. There are religious and moral truths within scripture, but it’s not a history or law book.

I’m with you on separation of church and government, but understand that people are guided by their moral principles. For most people those principles have a religion as their foundation. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Is it beyond your comprehension that an atheist/agnostic may have a moral objection to abortion? I know MSNBC tells us that every group fits in a nice little organized partisan box, but the real world is much more diverse.
    People are welcome to believe in whatever religion, dogma, creed, etc., but when those beliefs are being forced upon others or bring harm to others beyond themselves we have a problem. Government officials in particular are required to set aside bias, Supreme Court justices being the ultimate arbiters of the Constitution are held to the same, if not a higher standard given the power wielded by life long appointees.

I comprehend fine that people have an objection, but their objection confers no right to curtail the LEGAL and CONSTITUTIONAL rights of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Oddly, the only person that has used the Bible as a reference is your side of the argument.

I avoid using the Bible as a reference because I know cretins, like you, won't accept biblical arguments.

Besides, why would I use the bible when science overwhelmingly proves that abortion is the act of murdering a human being.

I get that you and your ilk needs to paint everyone as a religious zealot simply because every argument on the pro-baby killer side is void of logic and reason.
    Calling someone a baby killer is the epitome of the religious zealotry as your only definition is motivated by your beliefs. The Old Testament and it's fire and brimstone teachings were the ONLY teachings for centuries and oral traditions continue those backwards beliefs, despite the new family friendly j/k we've changed approach of the New Testament.

I don't get how you and the Republicans can condemn religious fervor and dementia in the Muslim world, yet he completely supportive of the same toxic beliefs being used to control our citizens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    People are welcome to believe in whatever religion, dogma, creed, etc., but when those beliefs are being forced upon others or bring harm to others beyond themselves we have a problem.
    So, kind of like killing a human being because your dogma says it's not a human being?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Calling someone a baby killer is the epitome of the religious zealotry
    It's not zealotry when we know for a fact that a baby is being murdered, hence, baby killer is 100% accurate.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

People are welcome to believe in whatever religion, dogma, creed, etc., but when those beliefs are being forced upon others or bring harm to others beyond themselves we have a problem. Government officials in particular are required to set aside bias, Supreme Court justices being the ultimate arbiters of the Constitution are held to the same, if not a higher standard given the power wielded by life long appointees.

I comprehend fine that people have an objection, but their objection confers no right to curtail the LEGAL and CONSTITUTIONAL rights of others.
    There is nothing written in the constitution or amendments that says a woman’s right to terminate pregnancy shall not be infringed. Roe vs Wade established a legal precedent on the basis of other amendments (acknowledged even by liberals as a weak argument), and that was subsequently overturned (leaked draft not official yet). You can object to / not like that decision, but there is no constitutional right to abortion and the process in the Supreme Court was totally legal. It’s up to the states and legislature now.

If you are so confident that 80% of the American public (or whatever number the news sources use) agree to a woman’s right to abortion, than surely in time Congress can create a new constitutional amendment to specifically name that as a right.

Blog Entries

SCOTUS says it isn’t a Constitutional right. You can disagree, but you’re wrong.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    So, kind of like killing a human being because your dogma says it's not a human being?
    Because scientific evidence says it is not.

If this decision is indeed the majority, it's legal.

Sorry.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    If you are so confident that 80% of the American public (or whatever number the news sources use) agree to a woman’s right to abortion, than surely in time Congress can create a new constitutional amendment to specifically name that as a right.
    Oh, are we pretending that Congress does what their constituents want now? 2/3rds support increasing corporate taxes and those on the one percent, instead they were cut further. 4/5ths support a woman's right to choose, but the Supreme Court is undoing that. You act as if a constitutional amendment were easy to pass and foolishly overlook basic legislation has been pretty much at a standstill for over a decade.

Because there is a conservative majority and because Congress can technically (but not realistically) codify a woman's right to choose isn't grounds for infringing on equal rights.