Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    The wind sometimes doesn't blow, so you reach the conclusion that wind turbines are overall a failure.
    Not even close to what I said. Did you get dumber in the past couple of months?

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Renewable are cheap, good for the environment and beyond construction, not dependent on dwindling fuel stock.
    Oh boy! So many things wrong I barely even know where to begin!

Okay so mining iron ore out of the ground to make the steel in wind turbines = bad for the environment
    Mining iron ore out of the ground to use in wind turbines = bad for the environment
    Mining copper out of the ground to use in wind turbines = bad for the environment
    Extracting oil out of the ground to make the plastic which is used to make wind turbines = bad for the environment
    Creating the steel to use in making wind turbines = bad for the environment

And I'm not just talking about a little bit of steel or plastic; wind turbines are over 250 feet tall, the blades are over 130 feet wide, and they are made up of about 80% steel, 10% plastic, and 2% copper. That's a whole lotta bad for the environment!

You can go ahead and try to make the argument that they are BETTER for the environment than coal, and you're probably right. Better than natural gas? Meh...better than nuclear? Get the fuck outta here!

But to say that wind turbines are "good" for the environment? Again get the fuck outta here.

This is kind of embarrassing, Seran.

Oh yeah almost forgot, as far as "not dependent on dwindling fuel stock", you do know we have a finite supply of iron and copper too right? I know I know, you said "beyond construction"...you do know wind turbines only last about 20 years right? And that's assuming they don't get destroyed sooner due to really bad weather. It's not like we build a wind farm and we're set forever for "free" electricity from them.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-23-2021 at 10:28 AM.