Page 1671 of 1671 FirstFirst ... 6711171157116211661166916701671
Results 16,701 to 16,708 of 16708

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Umm, just cited the actual 1996 welfare law exceptions which you mischaracterized as offering broad federal benefits. It doesn't. You ought to better inform yourself before making public policy claims. "I don't feel the need to cite" is Conservative for 'I made it up.'

Except no, federal law prohibits what you are suggesting be done to 'round up' all illegal immigrants. I'll point you to the Constitution and the passages that prevent what you're ignorantly suggesting;
    I said the 1996 welfare bill made welfare available to immigrants claiming political asylum & refugees. It does.

Are you really citing the 5th amendment as a reason we cannot deport illegal immigrants? We can absolutely deport them without violating their rights to illegal search and seizures, illegal detainment, and due process. Get warrants, expedite court cases, and then get them the fuck out of here. All we need is a President with the will to enforce our laws.

Umm, just cited the actual 1996 welfare law exceptions which you mischaracterized as offering broad federal benefits. It doesn't. You ought to better inform yourself before making public policy claims. "I don't feel the need to cite" is Conservative for 'I made it up.'

Except no, federal law prohibits what you are suggesting be done to 'round up' all illegal immigrants. I'll point you to the Constitution and the passages that prevent what you're ignorantly suggesting;
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    I said the 1996 welfare bill made welfare available to immigrants claiming political asylum & refugees. It does.
    Illegal migrants don’t come here for jobs. They come here for free government handouts.
    Except no, that isn't what you said here. The carve out for those migrants given Congressionally authorized refugee status are recognized as having a special status and may be eligible for benefits. They make up only a tiny fraction of the undocumented 'illegal immigrants' ie those without valid claims, who you categorically stated come here for free government handouts, which you've now been informed they're ineligible for.

Except no, that isn't what you said here. The carve out for those migrants given Congressionally authorized refugee status are recognized as having a special status and may be eligible for benefits. They make up only a tiny fraction of the undocumented 'illegal immigrants' ie those without valid claims, who you categorically stated come here for free government handouts, which you've now been informed they're ineligible for.
    You are moving the goalposts.

Illegal immigrants do receive government handouts through city & state welfare programs (which is still government) and in some cases federal welfare benefits.

Undocumented illegal immigrants cannot legally work here. It’s a federal crime to hire them. [Title 8 U.S.C. § 1324a(a)(1)(A)]

Illegal immigrants do receive government handouts through city & state welfare programs (which is still government) and in some cases federal welfare benefits.

Undocumented illegal immigrants cannot legally work here. It’s a federal crime to hire them. [Title 8 U.S.C. § 1324a(a)(1)(A)]
    sErAn sees this as a retard hill he needs to die on.

Hopefully he gives us at least a quad.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    sErAn sees this as a retard hill he needs to die on.

Hopefully he gives us at least a quad.
    Some days it's too bad this is just a metaphor.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

You set the goalposts dude, but I can't help you now you realized you put them at the forty yard line. Problem with your populist rational is that you're overlooking the most obvious flaw in your logic, namely that with so few immigrants eligible for any type of benefits, the only means of support is obtaining work. You need to pay attention to the independent contractor exception for the federal I-9 system.

You are required to complete and retain a Form I-9 for every employee you hire for employment in the United States, except for:

Individuals hired on or before Nov. 6, 1986, who are continuing in their employment and have a reasonable expectation of employment at all times. (Some limitations to this exception apply.) Also excepted are individuals hired for employment in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) on or before Nov. 27, 2009.
    Individuals employed for casual domestic work in a private home on a sporadic, irregular or intermittent basis.
    Independent contractors or individuals providing labor to you if they are employed by a contractor providing contract services (for example, employee leasing or temporary agencies).
    Individuals not physically working in the U.S.
    Federal law prohibits individuals or businesses from contracting with an independent contractor knowing that the independent contractor is not authorized to work in the U.S.
    Funnily enough, the 8 USC 1324 language is included in the description, but the keyword is knowing.

The person or company that pays is not required to ask an independent contractor to fill out an I-9 (used to verify an employee’s identity and to prove that the individual is able to legally work in the US), or otherwise inquire about immigration status. They will, however, require a Social Security Number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) to commence work.

You set the goalposts dude, but I can't help you now you realized you put them at the forty yard line. Problem with your populist rational is that you're overlooking the most obvious flaw in your logic, namely that with so few immigrants eligible for any type of benefits, the only means of support is obtaining work. You need to pay attention to the independent contractor exception for the federal I-9 system.

Funnily enough, the 8 USC 1324 language is included in the description, but the keyword is knowing.
    All of this just makes it so that independent contractors are not required to file an I-9 in these cases. It still remains a crime to knowingly hire an illegal alien.

You are thinking of this wrong. The reason they are not entitled to federal benefits and not authorized to work in the United States is because they are here illegally. If someone breaks into your home, you have no moral or civic responsibility to take care of that person. I don’t see how it should be any different for illegal immigrants. If you want to come to the United States you can do so legally. If you break our immigration laws and illegally cross our borders you can & should be deported (while still following due process and 5th amendment protections). Do you disagree with that fundamental? I’ll remind you that this is how it works for every other country on planet Earth. If you cross into Mexico illegally and the Mexican government is alerted to your presence, they will find you & deport you.