Page 1662 of 1668 FirstFirst ... 662116215621612165216601661166216631664 ... LastLast
Results 16,611 to 16,620 of 16680

Thread: Things that made you laugh today (Political Version)

Also they are structured in a way that if Trump wins in November and attempts to cancel them he will be impeached. Funding is scheduled to go through 2026. Also includes a 1B slush fund and 250m slush fund, though I forget who they were for.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You forgot the part where Biden can forgive up to 100% of the "loans" we gave Ukraine.........
    To be fair I didn't know they were considered loans to begin with. I thought we were literally printing money to give to Ukraine.

Which I guess we technically are now that Biden can just forgive them, which of course he will.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-21-2024 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    To be fair I didn't know they were considered loans to begin with. I thought we were literally printing money to give to Ukraine.

Which I guess we technically are now that Biden can just forgive them, which of course he will.
    The military aid we provide to Ukraine works similarly to the Lend-Lease Act we put in place in WW2. At the end of WW2 we sold to Britain & the Soviets the weapons & goods at roughly 10% of their value, and in the case of Great Britain repayment was stretched out over 50 years at 2% interest. Allied nations also hired American contractors to rebuild their countries.

It’s unclear if the President legally could forgive repayment on such a loan or if that would take an act of Congress, but regardless it’s safe to assume that even in the best outcome of Ukraine “winning” the war, the United States will only see a small portion of our aid repaid over a very long period of time. The investment is a strategic one that aligns with our foreign policy; not a financial one.

The issue I have with roughly $60 billion of the total $90 billion going to Ukraine is:

1) Ukraine is very likely to lose this protracted war due to lack of manpower which is not addressed by any foreign aid from the U.S. or Europe.

2) It does not appear the United States has a clearly defined strategic objective. What realistic outcome do we expect to bring peace to this war (knowing Russia will not concede Ukraine joining NATO under any circumstances and expects to gain some strategic territory in Dunbar region)? What happens when all this money gets used and absolutely nothing changes? (IE how far are we willing to go for Ukraine?)

3) Nobody here except Seran needs to be reminded we have serious inflation issues with our economy. If we were in the same economic situation as say 2019, this cost wouldn’t be as big of a deal. Our domestic economic issues exacerbate the toll it will take on Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    The military aid we provide to Ukraine works similarly to the Lend-Lease Act we put in place in WW2. At the end of WW2 we sold to Britain & the Soviets the weapons & goods at roughly 10% of their value, and in the case of Great Britain repayment was stretched out over 50 years at 2% interest. Allied nations also hired American contractors to rebuild their countries.

It’s unclear if the President legally could forgive repayment on such a loan or if that would take an act of Congress, but regardless it’s safe to assume that even in the best outcome of Ukraine “winning” the war, the United States will only see a small portion of our aid repaid over a very long period of time. The investment is a strategic one that aligns with our foreign policy; not a financial one.
    The President has no authority to waive the indebtedness made by way of the Lend Lease provisions. The only waiver concerning repayment authorized by Congress was removing the 5 year indebtedness term. It would require an act of Congress pursuant to section 620 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961.

Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022
    (2) Exclusions.--For the purposes of the authority described
    in paragraph (1) as that authority relates to Ukraine, the
    following provisions of law shall not apply:
    (A) Section 503(b)(3) of the Foreign Assistance Act
    of 1961 (22 U.S.C. 2311(b)(3)).
    (B) Section 61 of the Arms Export Control Act (22
    U.S.C. 2796).
    (3) Condition.--Any loan or lease of defense articles to the
    Government of Ukraine under paragraph (1) shall be subject to
    all applicable laws concerning the return of and reimbursement
    and repayment for defense articles loan or leased to foreign
    governments.
    (4) Delegation of authority.--The President may delegate the
    enhanced authority under this subsection only to an official
    appointed by the President by and with the advice and consent of
    the Senate.

Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 sec 620(r)
    No recipient of a loan made under the authority of this Act, any part of which is outstanding on or after the date of enactment of this subsection, shall be relieved of liability for the repayment of any part of the principal of or interest on such loan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    You forgot the part where Biden can forgive up to 100% of the "loans" we gave Ukraine.........
    Ukraine doesn't have anything to pay back with.

We are going to end up with US troops on the ground in Ukraine, our "leaders" have passed the point of no return.

Fucking place looks like the surface of the moon.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

https://x.com/JackPosobiec/status/1782376594964664617

100% chance that Seran will believe this.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

https://x.com/JackPosobiec/status/1782376594964664617

100% chance that Seran will believe this.
    If they believed half of the stupid shit they say.. the police would force everyone to take a pregnancy test "ZOMG BECAUSE SOME MEN CAN HAVE BABIES TOO!"
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Ilhan Omar's daughter got kicked out of college and is now doing the media tour claiming that she is homeless... like her mom isn't sitting on the US house of reps... FAFO
    Last edited by Anebriated; 04-22-2024 at 11:45 AM.
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    Ilhan Omar's daughter got kicked out of college and is now doing the media tour claiming that she is homeless... like her mom isn't sitting on the US house of reps... FAFO
    Her mother has stated she is proud of her daughter for being arrested for joining a Jew hating protest and refusing to leave when told to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Anebriated View Post
    I haven’t followed the story, but if I recall correctly Ilhan Omar is married to her brother. Is her daughter legit retarded due to being an inbred?