Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Pistols

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    He got a Kolibri on account of his dainty hands.

Ok, some thought, I have 3 Sig pistols, a 2340 in .40 S&W, a 229 in 9MM, and a 226 in 357 SIG, I love all of them for various reasons. The 2340, which is the predecessor to the 2022, now replaced by something else I think, maybe the 250, anyway, my 2340 has the best trigger of all my Sig's, hands down. Having said that, being a polymer frame chambered in .40 it is the most difficult to control recoil wise. My 229 is nice, but it just sort of is what it is, a great pistol chambered in a good round, a great CCW and open carry pistol. My 226 is the one the stirs my soul, 357 SIG is a wonderful round, great feeding, lots of stopping power, but expensive unless you reload for it, which I do. Being a full size all metal pistol, recoil is great, and not nearly as snappy as .40.

For you folks that love .40.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Did you pick one yet?
    Oh, nah. I might actually be signing on with a far larger department that doesn't require me to buy my own. This particular police position is playing second fiddle for me right now.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-13-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

4. Default

Is there any benefit to using a G17 over a G19? I know the barrel is a half inch longer but does that mean it shoots a little bit more accurately?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Is there any benefit to using a G17 over a G19? I know the barrel is a half inch longer but does that mean it shoots a little bit more accurately?
    It would have a slightly longer sight radius. longer barrel, and a better grip, +2 rounds. G17 fits my hand so much better than a g19 because my hand is too big for the fingergrooves and the trigger guard pinches my finger, I'd rather deal with the extra size.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    It would have a slightly longer sight radius. longer barrel, and a better grip, +2 rounds. G17 fits my hand so much better than a g19 because my hand is too big for the fingergrooves and the trigger guard pinches my finger, I'd rather deal with the extra size.
    What would having a longer sight radius mean?

7. Default

You'd get more accuracy from a longer sight radius than you would the barrel length, you mostly get velocity from that.

The greater the distance between the rear and the front sight, the greater the precision of your aiming adjustments. This means you can make more accurate corrections and notice misalignment, resulting in better accuracy assuming the shooter is proficient. The longer barrel definitely speeds up the rounds, which sometimes matters not a bit, and other times matters quite a lot. If you are using modern defensive ammunition that expands then 50 feet per second of velocity can sometimes decide whether a round expands as it was designed to, or travels through the target like a solid round. This works both ways, sometimes ammo that is designed for concealed carry length barrels can significantly under-penetrate when fired from a full length barrel. As always, make sure your gun and the specific ammo you use work well together. Another small difference is that the longer barrel will tend to have slightly more muzzle flip due to the mechanical advantage of increasing the length of the lever from the end of barrel to the grip as well as the bullet being in the barrel for a slightly longer duration. This is mostly offset by the increased weight of the longer barrel but can make a small difference in some situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Yeah, it feels like there are only 3 types of people on the planets, Sig lovers, Glock lovers, and everyone else. I've never cared for Glocks though. I'll probably wind up with a Sig, just because they are more commercially available and the mags are slightly cheaper.
    I love my Glock. So easy to maintain and it shoots better than any other gun for me.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I love my Glock. So easy to maintain and it shoots better than any other gun for me.
    What kind do you have?