Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhausting Court Proceedings on the Horizon

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    More importantly, Pence could shoot trump in the Oval office, immediately assume the presidency, and dismiss any investigations into the shooting and pardon himself for it just for fun. Being POTUS is like having a superpower. You're no longer capable of breaking the law because the Law is the King and the King is Law.
    I'd be okay with that scenario.

2. Default

In a hearing Tuesday in Manhattan, Judge Jennifer Schecter set deadlines for discovery, saying that all party depositions should be completed by Jan. 31, 2019. All non-party depositions are due the following month.

The defamation lawsuit brought against Trump by Summer Zervos is moving into an important stage. Zervos filed papers with the court asking the court to compel Trump to answer questions about other women who made similar accusations. Zervos filed the papers yesterday, but nobody seemed to notice.

In court documents filed Tuesday, Zervos and her legal team requested pre-trial evidence from the dozen other women who've reported similar accounts of sexual misconduct by Trump as well as "any other women who have made such complaints to or about" Trump, either privately or publicly.

The information is relevant to proving Trump "made his defamatory statements with common-law malice" and that he acted with "actual malice," according to the lawsuit.

Since Trump "insisted unequivocally that he had never inappropriately touched any woman," information on his other accusers would be "directly relevant" to see "whether his statements about Ms. Zervos were substantially true as a whole," the court documents state.

In addition, the information requested is "potentially relevant" because "of the distinct patterns of behavior that have emerged," such as "luring women to the Beverly Hills Hotel under false pretenses" and "groping women in the precise manner described the 'Access Hollywood' tape," according to the lawsuit.

More...

The article says that, unless a higher court intervenes, Trump will have to answer questions in the lawsuit.

In a lengthy decision of great significance, a New York appeals court has affirmed a decision that President Donald Trump must face a defamation lawsuit brought by season-five Apprentice contestant Summer Zervos.

More...
    The opinion (read in full here) also addresses Clinton v. Jones, a 1997 U.S. Supreme Court opinion, which determined that presidents aren't immune from civil actions in federal court.

" Congress has not passed any law immunizing the President from state court damages lawsuits since Clinton v Jones was decided," writes Renwick. "Therefore, because Clinton v Jones held that a federal court has jurisdiction over the kind of claim plaintiff now asserts and because there is no federal law limiting a state court from entertaining similar claims, it follows that state courts have concurrent jurisdiction with federal courts over actions against the President based on his purely unofficial acts."

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Trump don't settle. He fights every lawsuit. I know this because he said so.
    lol soywolff

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I'd be okay with that scenario.
    Using your own retard logic, you just made a death threat to Trump.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Shocker.. Fallen is masturbating in a solo thread.

Fuck off Fallen.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Shocker.. Fallen is masturbating in a solo thread.

Fuck off Fallen.
    cwolff is helping too!!!!!!4
    Last edited by Methais; 03-14-2019 at 02:46 PM.

With Schecter's ruling, Trump and the contestant Zervos' camps face a Jan. 31 deadline for the president to participate in a deposition. That means Trump could be forced to testify in court by the end of January. Trump's attorneys have indicated they plan to seek other legal avenues to further delay his deposition in the case.

Zervos accused Trump of sexually assaulting her at Beverly Hills Hotel in 2007. Trump denied assaulting Zervos, and she sued him for defamation in January 2017, claiming he called her a liar when she disclosed her accusations while he was making his 2016 presidential bid.

More...
    Testifying in a deposition is how Bill Clinton got in trouble. I'm going to go not very far out on a limb and predict that Trump will not be deposed.

NEW YORK (AP) — Lawyers for a woman who accuses President Donald Trump of raping her in the 1990s are asking for a DNA sample, seeking to determine whether his genetic material is on a dress she says she wore during the encounter.

More...
    Trump has already said he never met her in his life. His "DNA" could not possibly be on her dress. If she gets his "DNA," how do we know she won't give it to a hostile foreign power so that they can clone him and have a Trump on their own to lead them against us?