Page 85 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhausting Court Proceedings on the Horizon

If the appellate court does not reduce or eliminate the bond requirement for Trump, then what should Trump do? I think his smartest move, politically and economically -- not a great move, but the best of bad options -- would be to do nothing until the State of New York begins seizing assets. They will seize cash first, of course. Once they seize the cash, he should promptly declare bankruptcy, saying that the state left him no choice, since he will need cash to pay his employees. Without a favorable appeals court ruling in the next few days, I think that is the only way to delay matters without losing too much political credibility.

Damn, I might have to break a rule and buy a bag of corn chips to watch New York self immolate. Anyone have the odds on the state going bankrupt in the next few years over this as the mass exodus happens?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    If the appellate court does not reduce or eliminate the bond requirement for Trump, then what should Trump do? I think his smartest move, politically and economically -- not a great move, but the best of bad options -- would be to do nothing until the State of New York begins seizing assets. They will seize cash first, of course. Once they seize the cash, he should promptly declare bankruptcy, saying that the state left him no choice, since he will need cash to pay his employees. Without a favorable appeals court ruling in the next few days, I think that is the only way to delay matters without losing too much political credibility.
    Don’t you ever grow tired after a billion attempts of “getting Trump” absolutely nothing happens? You’re just going to be disappointed again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Damn, I might have to break a rule and buy a bag of corn chips to watch New York self immolate. Anyone have the odds on the state going bankrupt in the next few years over this as the mass exodus happens?
    They will just declare a state of emergency and receive a federal bailout.

The game is fixed.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    This country needs a real civil war so we can get past this bullshit.
    Guns vs. dildos. Who wins?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I FINALLY found a job that our little sErAn can not only qualify for.. but I believe would flourish!

I mean sure.. it's not a "paying" job in the traditional sense.. but it can give meaning to his otherwise meaningless life.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I FINALLY found a job that our little sErAn can not only qualify for.. but I believe would flourish!

I mean sure.. it's not a "paying" job in the traditional sense.. but it can give meaning to his otherwise meaningless life.
    Fun fact: time4fun posted that job listing
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Don’t you ever grow tired after a billion attempts of “getting Trump” absolutely nothing happens? You’re just going to be disappointed again.
    Tired? Look at the title of this thread. When I started this thread several years ago, I warned that exhausting court proceedings were on the horizon. We've reached the horizon -- something you can only do in metaphors. The slow movement of judicial proceedings is frustrating, but it has left me impressed and proud that our justice system is giving Trump every benefit of the doubt and allowing him to exercise every privilege and procedure available. At the end of the exhausting day, Batman will be proven right: Crime doesn't pay.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Tired? Look at the title of this thread. When I started this thread several years ago, I warned that exhausting court proceedings were on the horizon. We've reached the horizon -- something you can only do in metaphors. The slow movement of judicial proceedings is frustrating, but it has left me impressed and proud that our justice system is giving Trump every benefit of the doubt and allowing him to exercise every privilege and procedure available. At the end of the exhausting day, Batman will be proven right: Crime doesn't pay.
    You're a fucking dumbass. Even moreso than you are an attention whore.

10. Default

Crime doesn't pay.
    Unless you are a Biden.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal