Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhausting Court Proceedings on the Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Trump can and will appeal the bond ruling to the highest court in NY, possibly reducing the bond amount further or eliminating it as he appeals the broader case.
    Even the crooked NY judicial system saw through the 454 million bond as ridiculous. It literally should be $0, to match the number of victims in this "crime"...
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I think it is a good result.
    No one believes you.

Let it out, cupcake.

He better think carefully about that. The next appellate court could just as easily increase the bond as reduce it.
    No they couldn't. $175 million is still retardedly high for this "crime".

I hope Trump takes this all the way to the SCOTUS.

The DA is a disgrace as is the Judge and I can only hope she is voted out of office and he's removed from the bench.

Actually, no I don't. I hope they both stay in there and New York continues to go to shit and a rapidly growing pace.

Fuck New York.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I think it is a good result.

He better think carefully about that. The next appellate court could just as easily increase the bond as reduce it.
    Liar. You would have preferred with every fiber of your being that Trump be ordered to pay nearly half a billion dollars.

Bernie Madoff, who actually did commit real fraud with real victims in the biggest Ponzi scheme the world has ever seen, had a $10M bond in his criminal case. I mention this to put into perspective that even the reduction to $175M to appeal this case is obscenely high. It is very likely the higher court will reduce the bond further or eliminate while it’s being appealed. We’ll see in time.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    No one believes you.

Let it out, cupcake.

I hope Trump takes this all the way to the SCOTUS.

The DA is a disgrace as is the Judge and I can only hope she is voted out of office and he's removed from the bench.

Actually, no I don't. I hope they both stay in there and New York continues to go to shit and a rapidly growing pace.

Fuck New York.
    I'm with you, let them fester in their own feces. Now law abiding New Yorkers are subject to bag checks to get on a train conducted by the national guard because police aren't enough. Meanwhile, NY has cashless bail for violent offenders. Enjoy your shithole of a city.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Meanwhile, NY has cashless bail for violent offenders.
    Link? I can find absolutely nothing about cashless bail for violent offenses.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Link? I can find absolutely nothing about cashless bail for violent offenses.
    Google is your friend: https://www.nyclu.org/en/campaigns/facts-bail-reform

But it only covers misdemeanors and non-violent felonies, oh yeah, kind of like the Orange man.

Liar. You would have preferred with every fiber of your being that Trump be ordered to pay nearly half a billion dollars.
    It's a good result because of the first two sentences of your post #898.

Trump is still liable for the full $454 million plus interest. The State of New York will have a $175 million bond, and the AG has already recorded the judgment, which effectively places a lien on Trump's real estate. The State has decent collateral.

Bernie Madoff, who actually did commit real fraud with real victims in the biggest Ponzi scheme the world has ever seen, had a $10M bond in his criminal case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    This was not a criminal case. Madoff's bond was a bail bond in a criminal case. Trump's bond for Trump's upcoming criminal case in New York is $0.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Google is your friend: https://www.nyclu.org/en/campaigns/facts-bail-reform

But it only covers misdemeanors and non-violent felonies, oh yeah, kind of like the Orange man.
    In 2019, New York lawmakers passed legislation that eliminated the use of cash bail for most misdemeanors and some nonviolent felony charges

That says nothing about violent offenses.

I’m waiting for a link that states New York has eliminated cash bails for violent offenses.
    Last edited by Solkern; 03-25-2024 at 01:38 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

In 2019, New York lawmakers passed legislation that eliminated the use of cash bail for most misdemeanors and some nonviolent felony charges

I’m waiting for a link that states New York has eliminated cash bails for violent offenses.
    If we were in New York and I punch you in the face & get charged with third degree assault (a misdemeanor), I can go free on cashless bond. There is your example.

Actually (and just remembered this), here is a recent news article with proof of cashless bail being applied in a violent criminal act.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/06/metro/...-them-out/amp/