Page 79 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhausting Court Proceedings on the Horizon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    It'll be a proud moment for our country if the SCOTUS states sedition is a function of the office of the President, and that someone has lifelong criminal immunity once they leave office as a former President.
    .... Trump hasn't been found guilty of sedition in any court.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    .... Trump hasn't been found guilty of sedition in any court.
    But Soykern said that wasn't a requirement... that Trump doesn't deserve that pesky thing called due process.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

The former longtime CFO of the Trump Organization, himself already convicted of a slew of financial crimes, has now admitted to perjuring himself as New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) undertook a massive civil fraud probe into former President Donald Trump’s business empire.

Allen Weisselberg appeared in New York Supreme Court to plead guilty to two felonies on Monday morning before Judge Laurie Peterson. Thereafter, the judge set sentencing for April 10.

More...
    The conviction today of Trump's CFO of perjury in Trump's recently completed civil fraud trial will make it less likely for Trump to succeed in overturning the judgment in that case against him on appeal.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    The conviction today of Trump's CFO of perjury in Trump's recently completed civil fraud trial will make it less likely for Trump to succeed in overturning the judgment in that case against him on appeal.
    You've been on the wrong side of everything so far.

This is no different.

Stay super upset, cupcake.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    But Soykern said that wasn't a requirement... that Trump doesn't deserve that pesky thing called due process.
    There are a lot of people I disagree with on this forum, but without a single fucking doubt Solkern is the most mealy-mouthed pussy of the entire bunch. Wannabe international man of mystery. Fuck out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arqueto View Post
    There are a lot of people I disagree with on this forum, but without a single fucking doubt Solkern is the most mealy-mouthed pussy of the entire bunch. Wannabe international man of mystery. Fuck out of here.
    You better watch it.. I called him a mealy-mouthed pussy and ZOMG HE PUT ME ON /IGNORE!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Get ready for Stormy Daniels!

Stormy, the documentary..

Trump says he does what he wants and doesn't worry about the money. There are, however, sometimes monetary consequences to doing whatever you want, including grabbing women by their lady parts without even asking, which is what the jury concluded happened.

March 7 (Reuters) - A federal judge on Thursday denied Donald Trump's request to delay enforcement of the writer E. Jean Carroll's $83.3 million verdict in her recent defamation case.

More...
    In seeking to avoid posting a big bond, or any bond at all, lawyers for Trump rejected Carroll's claim that his finances were strained.

They assured that Carroll was "fully protected," and said a $24.5 million bond would be more than enough to "secure any minimal risk" to her.

Carroll disagreed. She said Trump's finances were opaque, called Trump the "least trustworthy of borrowers" and said his request "boils down to nothing more than 'trust me.'"

Trump's financial flexibility deteriorated last month when the judge who found him liable in New York Attorney General Letitia James' civil fraud case ordered him to pay $454.2 million.

He offered to post a $100 million bond in that case, but James said any bond should cover the entire judgment. An appeals court judge on Feb. 28 denied Trump's request to delay enforcement during the appeal.

Asked on March 5 if he could pay what was owed or post bond in both cases, Trump told Fox News: "I have a lot of money. I can do what I want to do. ... I don't worry about the money."

If the appellate court declines to allow Trump to post a bond of less than the judgment amount, then I predict Trump will file for bankruptcy.
    I repeat my claim that if the appellate court does not reduce the bond Trump is required to post, then Trump or his companies will file for bankruptcy.

Trump filed another motion with the New York appellate court today asking that the court stay the bond requirement relating to the judgment in the civil fraud case that he recently lost. The appellate court rejected an earlier motion by Trump to reduce the bond. Today's motion, coming one week before the deadline to post the bond, is more desperate..

Here, Defendants' ongoing diligent efforts have proven that a bond in the judgment's full amount is "a practical impossibility." Affirmation of Gary Giulietti ("Giulietti Aff.") ¶ 18. These diligent efforts have included approaching about 30 surety companies through 4 separate brokers. Affmnation of Alan Garten ("Garten Aff."), ¶5. A bond requirement of this enormous magnitude-effectively requiring cash reserves approaching $1 billion, Giulietti Aff. ¶17-is unprecedented for a private company.

More...big PDF
    Here are some points that Trump makes..

1. Bond companies require cash as collateral and will not accept real estate as collateral.
    2. Trump would have to sell real estate at a fire sale to raise the required cash, which would not result in the optimum sales price.
    3. The real estate is plenty valuable, and the state will not be at risk if Trump loses the appeal.
    4. Some of the Trump companies that are defendants do not own real estate directly. Instead, those companies own other companies that own real estate. As such, there is no way to use the real estate as collateral to get bank loan.
    5. The amount of cash needed to post the bond and to continue to operate the businesses would be approximately $1 billion which is the source of the billion dollar number in the quote above.

Does that sound fully honest to you? If Trump could, but would no want to, sell real estate to raise money for the bond, then why could he not use real estate as collateral to obtain a loan from a bank, which he says in the point I labeled 4 that he could not do?

Notice that in the point that I labeled 5, Trump says that posting a bond would leave him with too little cash to operate his business. I think he is making the argument in favor of bankruptcy.

No surprise that the 'king of bankruptcy' isn't able to get any insurers to post bond for him. Guess he should have thought being unable to afford paying hundreds of millions in fines before he committed fraud.