Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC 202

Blog Entries

Default UFC 202

Anyone getting this card? These buffoons will face some actual fallout from this episode. Word is a bottle struck a female fan in the face, and the whole thing is taped. Lawsuits are pending.

Before anyone comments that it was staged to hype up the fight, I have to agree with Dana that having them throw shit back and forth in a crowded room of non-UFC "civilians" would be about the dumbest way to go about doing so.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

These guys aren't exactly known for their intelligence...

Did Dana white actually use the word civilians, because nothing peeves me more than when civilians is used in a way other than on the contracting/military world.

Chick from Hollywood game night calls the regular joes civilians versus the Hollywood stars and I don't know why it makes my blood boil but it does lol
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enuch View Post
    Did Dana white actually use the word civilians, because nothing peeves me more than when civilians is used in a way other than on the contracting/military world.

Chick from Hollywood game night calls the regular joes civilians versus the Hollywood stars and I don't know why it makes my blood boil but it does lol
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/19...awsuits-are-in

That may have been my usage of the word, though in my defense I did use it in quotations.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I think it will be an interesting card. Eddie Alvarez will get an opponent either way.

McGregor at 155 if he beats Diaz ( I think the UFC will let him try to hold both belts for ratings ), Diaz at 155 if he beats McGregor, or Cowboy at 155 if one/both of the other two screw it up and/or get suspended for Watergate.

Craziest part? In one of the videos, it shows Glover Texiera's face when Connor steals his water bottle to throw like he's going to die from dehydration without that water bottle. Wish I could find one of the pics of his face.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Anyone getting this card? These buffoons will face some actual fallout from this episode. Word is a bottle struck a female fan in the face, and the whole thing is taped. Lawsuits are pending.

Before anyone comments that it was staged to hype up the fight, I have to agree with Dana that having them throw shit back and forth in a crowded room of non-UFC "civilians" would be about the dumbest way to go about doing so.
    The Diaz clowns are exactly what Dana has tried for so long to change the public perception of; that fighters are dumb thugs.

Connor, of course, says there will be a third fight but I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    The Diaz clowns are exactly what Dana has tried for so long to change the public perception of; that fighters are dumb thugs.

Connor, of course, says there will be a third fight but I don't see that happening.
    Diaz does what he does everytime he steps into the ring... he hypes the game for people like us to buy it.

"OMG THEY HATE EACH OTHER!! IT'S GOING TO BE A HELL OF A FIGHT!"

Then, after the fight, they find out that they really "respect" each other and have nothing but nice things to say to each other.

It's all hype to boost PPV $
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Diaz does what he does everytime he steps into the ring... he hypes the game for people like us to buy it.

"OMG THEY HATE EACH OTHER!! IT'S GOING TO BE A HELL OF A FIGHT!"

Then, after the fight, they find out that they really "respect" each other and have nothing but nice things to say to each other.

It's all hype to boost PPV $
    Yes, but the way they tend to act is the exact way Dana doesn't want his fighters to be perceived. I think the average person that happens to see the Diaz brothers on TV sees them as street thugs. MMA fans likely have a different opinion. On the other hand, you've got guys like Chael and Connor who promote their fights without coming across as thugs.

It was probably more of an issue for him back when the UFC was hurting and they were trying to take MMA as a sport to another level and be more 'accepted', but I've got a feeling he wasn't pleased with this little fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Yes, but the way they tend to act is the exact way Dana doesn't want his fighters to be perceived. I think the average person that happens to see the Diaz brothers on TV sees them as street thugs. MMA fans likely have a different opinion. On the other hand, you've got guys like Chael and Connor who promote their fights without coming across as thugs.

It was probably more of an issue for him back when the UFC was hurting and they were trying to take MMA as a sport to another level and be more 'accepted', but I've got a feeling he wasn't pleased with this little fiasco.
    I used to think that way.. but Diaz uses the same method to inflate the PPV money.. "OMG I HATE THAT GUY!"
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

While it will probably cause DW some headaches, all it's really doing is generating interest for a rematch for a fight that should never really have happened in the first place. You can't script this shit, and while there'll probably be some blow-back, it won't stop the fight making mad $$$. But what are we all talking about? The real fight everyone should be interested in is the greatest none-Chael Sonnen-middleweight champion in his first title defense. And I for one can't wait to see him retire Hendo.
    Xcalibur - The fool that enter a fool's game is fooler.
    PB - 9000 is 95% of 18000