PDA

View Full Version : Univision vs. Trump



ClydeR
06-25-2015, 09:25 PM
Another example of the liberal media attacking Republican candidates because of their positions.


Univision is canceling its telecast of the Miss USA pageant, an event partially owned by Donald Trump, to protest Trump's offensive remarks about Mexicans.

More... (http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/25/media/univision-donald-trump-mexicans/)


Last week, in his speech announcing a run for president, Trump deplored immigrants from Mexico who "have lots of problems" and are "bringing those problems to us."

"They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists," he said, adding, "and some, I assume, are good people."
Trump went on Fox News Thursday to say, "Of course I'm standing by the statement." He adde, "I love Mexico, I love the Mexican people."

Trump also said he intends to sue Univision for refusing to carry the Miss USA pageant.

"I'm going to have to sue Univision now... They have a signed contract," he said. At another point Trump said, "They'll have to pay me a lot of money."

Trump's original comments last week caused an outcry. Jorge Ramos, a prominent Univision host, called Trump's remarks "absurd" and "prejudiced."


Trump was not cowed..


http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/rmi08a/TrumpUnivision_zpsulyq6j4b.jpg
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/614077300624257025 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/614077300624257025)



I would boycott Univision over this, except I don't get that channel.

ClydeR
06-29-2015, 08:40 PM
This is getting good.


This was Friday..


"Univision cares far more about Mexico than it does about the U.S. Are they controlled by the Mexican government? Univision said they don't like Trump, yet Jorge Ramos and their other anchors are begging me for interviews."

Trump then had the audacity of posting the letter Ramos handwrote to the presidential candidate. "I want to write you personally to request an interview, but so far your team has declined," reads the letter Trump published on Instagram. "I am sure you have a lot of things to say and I have a lot of things to ask. I'll go to New York or wherever you would like. If you would like to talk first over the phone, my personal cell is ... I know this is an important issue for you and for me." "The Apprentice" host did not even hace the decency in blurring the anchor's phone number.

More... (http://www.latintimes.com/donald-trump-calls-univision-boycott-publishes-jorge-ramos-letter-begging-him-325134)


And Trump Tweeted this today..


.@jorgeramosnews Please send me your new number, your old one’s not working. Sincerely, Donald J. Trump

More... (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/615328534215696385)

LOL!