PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong protests ramping up

Pages : [1] 2

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 02:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByzTpKAIMAASEIg.jpg

Latrinsorm
09-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Pretty amazing in this day and age. How else are people in wheelchairs supposed to get into buildings, climb the stairs? Don't be dicks, Honk Kong.

Back
09-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Income inequality is our problem. The .001% have too much power over the rest of us.

Parkbandit
09-30-2014, 03:29 PM
Income inequality is our problem. The .001% have too much power over the rest of us.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-znOcr60b3po/T74ErGsQy4I/AAAAAAAAHVY/XXyhAQmfIdQ/s1600/Clown+Car.gif

Tgo01
09-30-2014, 03:30 PM

Are you sure you know what the protests are even about?

Atlanteax
09-30-2014, 03:33 PM

Are you sure you know what the protests are even about?

Back, what is going on in Hong Kong is about their ability to represent themselves vs Beijing picking all of the candidates.

You immediately drawing a parallel to 'Occupy Wall Street' shows the shallowness of your political awareness.

Tgo01
09-30-2014, 03:37 PM
Back, what is going on in Hong Kong is about their ability to represent themselves vs Beijing picking all of the candidates.

You immediately drawing a parallel to 'Occupy Wall Street' shows the shallowness of your political awareness.

I can't wait to see Back's spin on his own post.

"I know that! I just think if the .001% had less power then China wouldn't be such dicks towards Hong Kong."

Back
09-30-2014, 03:39 PM
Greed in our society is a sin that has been turned into a virtue by the very same people who have all the money. The people with the money constantly tell you you are nothing if you don't have money. Basic human truth is one person should not own 2 houses if another person has none. When was the last time you saw a bird with two nests and another bird homeless?

Fix that and I guarantee you that things like ISIS, Al Queda, drug lords, crime, and all that shit goes away. Then we can focus on populating the rest of the universe.

Parkbandit
09-30-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure why you waste your time with Packlash... he's beyond hope.

To him, everything bad in the world is caused by either banks, whites or rich people.

JackWhisper
09-30-2014, 03:41 PM
I have a sparrow in the tree outside my house. Has two nests. Hops between them. Doesn't let anyone in them. Pecks at offending sparrows. Just saying. It happens.

Tgo01
I can't wait to see Back's spin on his own post.

"I know that! I just think if the .001% had less power then China wouldn't be such dicks towards Hong Kong."

Greed in our society is a sin that has been turned into a virtue by the very same people who have all the money. The people with the money are constantly tell you you are nothing if you don't have the money. Basic human truth is one person should not own 2 houses if another person has none. When was the last time you saw a bird with two nests and another bird homeless?

Fix that and I guarantee you that things like ISIS, Al Queda, drug lords, crime, and all that shit goes away. Then we can focus on populating the rest of the universe.

I think I was pretty darn close.

JackWhisper
PB! What about....

RICH WHITE BANKERS?!

Back
09-30-2014, 03:51 PM

Yeah. I'm the shallow person in this conversation.

http://invisiblebread.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/brucewillisdoubletake.gif

Tgo01
09-30-2014, 03:54 PM
I have a sparrow in the tree outside my house. Has two nests. Hops between them. Doesn't let anyone in them. Pecks at offending sparrows. Just saying. It happens.

There are some animals that claim territory spanning dozens of miles and they will chase off other animals they see in their territory.

Occupy the Forest! No animal should have dozens of miles of territory!

Parkbandit
09-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Greed in our society is a sin that has been turned into a virtue by the very same people who have all the money. The people with the money constantly tell you you are nothing if you don't have money. Basic human truth is one person should not own 2 houses if another person has none. When was the last time you saw a bird with two nests and another bird homeless?

Oh shit, I own 4 homes and a condo.

PLUS I'M WHITE!

Back
09-30-2014, 03:56 PM

LOL. You know how I know you are full of shit?

Tgo01
09-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Oh shit, I own 4 homes and a condo.

PLUS I'M WHITE!

So it's your fault Hong Kong lost its Democracy!

I hope you're happy.

Parkbandit
09-30-2014, 04:01 PM
So it's your fault Hong Kong lost its Democracy!

I hope you're happy.

I'm not a banker.. and I'm not a .001%.. so I'm not sure how much guilt I should feel at this point in the conversation.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 04:02 PM
I step away for an hour and yall gone and fucked this thread up.

Wrathbringer
09-30-2014, 04:02 PM

LOL

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-znOcr60b3po/T74ErGsQy4I/AAAAAAAAHVY/XXyhAQmfIdQ/s1600/Clown+Car.gif

LOLOL

Back
09-30-2014, 04:04 PM
I step away for an hour and yall gone and fucked this thread up.

I think the responses so far are very telling.

Back
09-30-2014, 04:06 PM
LOL

LOLOL

This is inconsistent with your view on taxes.

So you are not so much a patriot as you are a fraud.

Parkbandit
09-30-2014, 04:06 PM

Me too.

It's agreed that you are a product of an absolutely failed public school system.

Jeril
09-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Advocating that people should imitate animals is rather silly because we are animals, we have always been and always will be. And just like with people you'll find a wide variety of behaviors among animals, cherry picking which ones while trying to claim we should be more like them is also silly.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 04:09 PM

Go home, back, you're drunk

Back
09-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Advocating that people should imitate animals is rather silly because we are animals, we have always been and always will be. And just like with people you'll find a wide variety of behaviors among animals, cherry picking which ones while trying to claim we should be more like them is also silly.

I tend to think along the same lines. Inclusive rather than exclusive.

Back
09-30-2014, 04:12 PM

I will be later. For now...

http://media.giphy.com/media/Zo9ACzmJgoqRy/giphy.gif

Parkbandit
09-30-2014, 04:18 PM

I BET HE'S HIGH!

Tenlaar
09-30-2014, 04:19 PM
I tend to think along the same lines. Inclusive rather than exclusive.

You think along the same lines as the guy who said what you posted is stupid?

Wrathbringer
09-30-2014, 04:23 PM
This is inconsistent with your view on taxes.

So you are not so much a patriot as you are a fraud.

Back
09-30-2014, 04:23 PM
Protesters are demanding China allow the territory to vote for candidates who have not been pre-screened by the Chinese government, in what would be the city's first direct elections, to be held in 2017.

Tell me, convince me, that this is not .001% vs. people.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Tomorrow is National day for China. Most workers in HK will have the next two days off, which means the protest is going to swell in size. They're saying there is currently tens of thousands and that it could get into the hundreds of thousands by friday.

Warriorbird
09-30-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm more liberal than like 90% of the people in this thread... this isn't akin to Occupy at all. Some of the people involved in the resistance are extraordinarily wealthy.

Back
09-30-2014, 04:26 PM

Is PB also Wraithbringer? It would make sense.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Taiwan and Macau are watching this very closely.

Back
09-30-2014, 04:27 PM
Tomorrow is National day for China. Most workers in HK will have the next two days off, which means the protest is going to swell in size. They're saying there is currently tens of thousands and that it could get into the hundreds of thousands by friday.

I've been planning on a trip there. Sounds like a great place.

Tgo01
09-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Tell me, convince me, that this is not .001% vs. people.[/FONT][/COLOR]

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????

JackWhisper
09-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Back, you are being stupid. It's okay to be stupid. But stop trying to infect your stupid on an otherwise reasonable thread.

And I am not going to climb outside my bathroom window just to get a picture shot of the noisy ass bird.

Tgo01
09-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Back, you are being stupid. It's okay to be stupid. But stop trying to infect your stupid on an otherwise reasonable thread.

And I am not going to climb outside my bathroom window just to get a picture shot of the noisy ass bird.

Is it a house sparrow? You can legally kill those so...kill them.

JackWhisper
09-30-2014, 04:41 PM
They used to live in a little area above my second story computer room, right under the roof shingling (As well as other places in the roof) *Arched shingles, little cubbies underneath*. After I put mesh netting about an inch inside the shingle cubbies, I took out the nests and put em all *Like eight of em all around the house's roof*, in the three trees on my property.

JackWhisper
09-30-2014, 04:42 PM
And, I don't kill things unless I have to. I like animals.

Tgo01
09-30-2014, 04:44 PM
And, I don't kill things unless I have to. I like animals.

But house sparrows are pests and kill and crowd out native birds :(

You would be doing the world a favor.

I salute you, good sir!

Thondalar
09-30-2014, 04:44 PM
I'm more liberal than like 90% of the people in this thread... this isn't akin to Occupy at all. Some of the people involved in the resistance are extraordinarily wealthy.

How does that make it different from Occupy?

JackWhisper
09-30-2014, 04:46 PM
I have a hard time killing animals since I frequently rescue them. They may crowd out other birds, but they only do it around my house if they do it. There's plenty of trees in my neighbors yards.

Warriorbird
09-30-2014, 04:48 PM
How does that make it different from Occupy?

You too? Oy.

Fallen
09-30-2014, 04:56 PM
They are occupying the financial district to protest their political candidates having to be screened and vetted by Beijing. I am not understanding the direct comparisons to the US based Occupy movement. This isn't about wealth inequality in anything but perhaps the most abstract comparison. It is about the loss of universal suffrage and what the HK people see as a violation of the two systems, one country policy. They picked the financial district as a target for protests because it is the most effective way of using civil disobedience to have an immediate effect. From what i've read those in the financial sector aren't in disagreement with the protestors.

Back
09-30-2014, 04:58 PM

Scuse me?

Proof?

Otherwise anecdotal.

C'mon man.

Back
09-30-2014, 05:01 PM
They are occupying the financial district to protest their political candidates having to be screened and vetted by Beijing. I am not understanding the direct comparisons to the US based Occupy movement. This isn't about wealth inequality in anything but perhaps the most abstract comparison. It is about the loss of universal suffrage and what the HK people see as a violation of the two systems, one country policy. They picked the financial district as a target for protests because it is the most effective way of using civil disobedience to have an immediate effect. From what i've read those in the financial sector aren't in disagreement with the protestors.

Bullshit.

Tgo01
09-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Bullshit.

Thondalar
09-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Greed in our society is a sin that has been turned into a virtue by the very same people who have all the money.

lolwhut?

The people with the money constantly tell you you are nothing if you don't have money.

There's a lot of your problem, you listen to what other people tell you.

Basic human truth is one person should not own 2 houses if another person has none.

No, basic human truth is all persons should be allowed the freedom to pursue as many houses as they want.

When was the last time you saw a bird with two nests and another bird homeless?

Birds build their own houses when they want one. Humans are generally homeless by choice.

Fix that and I guarantee you that things like ISIS, Al Queda, drug lords, crime, and all that shit goes away.

You think giving people houses will get rid of religious zealotry and crime? Rofl.

Thondalar
09-30-2014, 05:06 PM
You too? Oy.

Newsbusters.org published the list below with 25 ultra-wealthy Occupy Wall Street supporters. This group’s total net worth exceeds $4 billion and speaks to the hypocrisy that emanates from Leftist elitists. Their significant lifetime efforts and success in gathering capital at the expense of others is the antithesis of the philosophy expressed by the Occupied Wall Street movement. One of their owns suggestion, even tongue-in-cheek, that the guillotine should be considered for the top 13 on the list indicates a combination of stupidity and arrogance that proves intelligence is not needed for gathering wealth.

1. Yoko Ono – $500 million

2. Jay-Z – $450 million

3. David Letterman – $400 million

4. Stephen King – $400 million

5. Russell Simmons – $325 million

6. Sean Lennon – $200 million

7. Mike Myers – $175 million

8. George Clooney – $160 million

9. Brad Pitt – $150 million

10. Don King – $150 million

11. Roger Waters – $145 million

12. Jane Fonda – $120 million

13. Miley Cyrus – 120 million

14. Al Gore – $100 million

15. Roseanne Barr – $80 million

16. Deepak Chopra – $80 million

17. Kanye West – $70 million

18. Dan Rather – $70 million

19. Alec Baldwin – $65 million

20. Matt Damon – $65 million

21. Tom Morello – $60 million

22. Mia Farrow – $60 million

23. Katy Perry – $55 million

24. Michael Moore – $50 million

25. Susan Sarandon – $50 million

Back
09-30-2014, 05:08 PM
lolwhut?

There's a lot of your problem, you listen to what other people tell you.

No, basic human truth is all persons should be allowed the freedom to pursue as many houses as they want.

Birds build their own houses when they want one. Humans are generally homeless by choice.

You think giving people houses will get rid of religious zealotry and crime? Rofl.

cOOL!

Fallen
09-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Bullshit.

Can you elaborate on your position in a rational manner? I'm not seeing how wealth inequality is more important to this movement than the loss of the two systems one country policy.

Warriorbird
09-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Newsbusters.org published the list below with 25 ultra-wealthy Occupy Wall Street supporters. This group’s total net worth exceeds $4 billion and speaks to the hypocrisy that emanates from Leftist elitists. Their significant lifetime efforts and success in gathering capital at the expense of others is the antithesis of the philosophy expressed by the Occupied Wall Street movement. One of their owns suggestion, even tongue-in-cheek, that the guillotine should be considered for the top 13 on the list indicates a combination of stupidity and arrogance that proves intelligence is not needed for gathering wealth.

1. Yoko Ono – $500 million

2. Jay-Z – $450 million

3. David Letterman – $400 million

4. Stephen King – $400 million

5. Russell Simmons – $325 million

6. Sean Lennon – $200 million

7. Mike Myers – $175 million

8. George Clooney – $160 million

9. Brad Pitt – $150 million

10. Don King – $150 million

11. Roger Waters – $145 million

12. Jane Fonda – $120 million

13. Miley Cyrus – 120 million

14. Al Gore – $100 million

15. Roseanne Barr – $80 million

16. Deepak Chopra – $80 million

17. Kanye West – $70 million

18. Dan Rather – $70 million

19. Alec Baldwin – $65 million

20. Matt Damon – $65 million

21. Tom Morello – $60 million

22. Mia Farrow – $60 million

23. Katy Perry – $55 million

24. Michael Moore – $50 million

25. Susan Sarandon – $50 million

You're as bad as Back. Excellent job.

Back
09-30-2014, 05:27 PM
Don't be fooled.

Back
09-30-2014, 05:31 PM

First... the person who tried to compare this to oCCUPY wALLsTREET IS AN IDIOT TO BEGIN WIH.

Thondalar
09-30-2014, 05:32 PM

I'm confused. Are you saying all of these extremely wealthy people haven't been publicly vocal supporters of the Occupy movement?

Thondalar
09-30-2014, 05:32 PM
First... the person who tried to compare this to oCCUPY wALLsTREET IS AN IDIOT TO BEGIN WIH.

Are you having a stroke or something?

Back
09-30-2014, 05:35 PM

Nope. Atlanteaux is grasping at straws.

Tgo01
09-30-2014, 05:36 PM

That...was...you...

Thondalar
09-30-2014, 05:37 PM

What does that have to do with you calling yourself an idiot and typing all crazy?

Vorpos
09-30-2014, 05:48 PM

While you eat your chili in a can and wash it down with a bottle of mad dog, what do you think a rich white bastard like PB is eating?

Parkbandit
09-30-2014, 05:53 PM
This thread could go up to 5 stars with another Packlash meltdown.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 05:53 PM
While you eat your chili in a can and wash it down with a bottle of mad dog, what do you think a rich white bastard like PB is eating?

Prune juice and multivitamins.

Back
09-30-2014, 05:54 PM
Prune juice and multivitamins.

LOL

Parkbandit
09-30-2014, 05:56 PM

Dude, I had fucking WHITE CHICKEN meat, WHITE potatoes and WHITE rolls. I barely liked the off white chicken gravy, dark chicken meat, green broccoli or red cranberry sauce though.

All on a WHITE plate!!!

Back
09-30-2014, 05:57 PM
What does that have to do with you calling yourself an idiot and typing all crazy?

Excuse me? You don't think there is a wealth distribution problem?

Parkbandit
09-30-2014, 05:58 PM

I would if I was broke as a joke like you, that's for sure.

Because it's far easier to complain about your "fair share" when you sit on your couch, watching MSNBC.

Latrinsorm
09-30-2014, 06:26 PM
I step away for an hour and yall gone and fucked this thread up.I tried, Andy. We've still got ADA.
They used to live in a little area above my second story computer roomI bet you use a car elevator to drive to your second story computer room, don't you 1%er? DON'T YOU??
There's a lot of your problem, you listen to what other people tell you.Irony.

Warriorbird
09-30-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm confused. Are you saying all of these extremely wealthy people haven't been publicly vocal supporters of the Occupy movement?

You're being purposefully obtuse and pulling from conservative Agitprop to durp about foreign politics. You've put yourself on the Backlash side because you're so pulled in by propaganda. It's completely idiotic. There's no point in engaging with it. I'm not here to get into some debate about whether Occupy is astroturfing that is innately Tea Party supporters pulling "THEY DID IT TOO!" on Occupy.

The comparison between a bunch of people who went to liberal arts colleges and are unable to pay their student loan debt with tremendous swathes of Hong Kong's society, of all walks of life, and of all political affiliations is a really dumb one, whether it's you or Backlash making it.

You are aware that you joined with him in this thread, aren't you?

Thondalar
09-30-2014, 06:38 PM

No, I don't. If you want more money, work for it and get it.

Thondalar
09-30-2014, 06:40 PM
You're being purposefully obtuse and pulling from conservative Agitprop to durp about foreign politics. You've put yourself on the Backlash side because you're so pulled in by propaganda. It's completely idiotic. There's no point in engaging with it. I'm not here to get into some debate about whether Occupy is astroturfing that is innately Tea Party supporters pulling "THEY DID IT TOO!" on Occupy.

Laughing at hypocrisy is getting pulled in by propaganda? What?

The comparison between a bunch of people who went to liberal arts colleges and are unable to pay their student loan debt with tremendous swathes of Hong Kong's society, of all walks of life, and of all political affiliations is a really dumb one, whether it's you or Backlash making it.

I never once compared Occupy to the Hong Kong protestors. That would be ridiculous.

Thondalar
09-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Wealth isn't something that's "distributed". That's the fundamental flaw in your thinking.

Warriorbird
09-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Laughing at hypocrisy is getting pulled in by propaganda? What?

I never once compared Occupy to the Hong Kong protestors. That would be ridiculous.

You want some sort of stupid Occupy/Tea Party debate in a Hong Kong thread when I've been against Occupy for years. That's idiotic.

Thondalar
09-30-2014, 06:42 PM
You want some sort of stupid Occupy/Tea Party debate in a Hong Kong thread when I've been against Occupy for years. That's idiotic.

Wtf are you talking about? Are you feeling alright?

Warriorbird
09-30-2014, 06:43 PM
Wtf are you talking about? Are you feeling alright?

I post something against Backlash's point and you bring in some email forward style conservative nonsense to try to attack it, that's what. I'm feeling just fine. You've Backlashed in this thread because you somehow think I'm an Occupy supporter.

Gelston
09-30-2014, 06:44 PM
You're all gay. This isn't a protest. It is china. That is what it always looks like.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 06:46 PM
You're all gay. This isn't a protest. It is china. That is what it always looks like.

:lol2:

Wrathbringer
09-30-2014, 06:59 PM
A quick summary for those of you just joining us:

Bullshit.

Don't be fooled.

That...was...you...

This thread could go up to 5 stars with another Packlash meltdown.

Fallen
09-30-2014, 07:02 PM
I feel like people in this thread are on crazy pills, which makes me sad as the Hong Kong situation is something I was hoping to see some discussion on.

Thondalar
09-30-2014, 07:02 PM
I post something against Backlash's point and you bring in some email forward style conservative nonsense to try to attack it, that's what. I'm feeling just fine. You've Backlashed in this thread because you somehow think I'm an Occupy supporter.

You said it wasn't the same as Occupy because there were wealthy people involved.

I said wealthy people were involved in Occupy, simply to demonstrate that you should probably use any of the dozen or so other reasons why the two aren't the same.

You said nuh-uh.

I said yes, look.

You said I'm an idiot for comparing Occupy to Hong Kong.

Did I miss anything?

Wrathbringer
09-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Did I miss anything?

If you did, I just posted a summary for those just tuning in.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 07:10 PM
I feel like people in this thread are on crazy pills, which makes me sad as the Hong Kong situation is something I was hoping to see some discussion on.

Ditto. What we are seeing here could have a huge impact all around the world.

Wrathbringer
09-30-2014, 07:12 PM

What do you expect? Your first two posters were Latrinsorm and Back.

Gelston
09-30-2014, 07:13 PM

If the world is just Hong Kong.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 07:15 PM
If the world is just Hong Kong.

The US isn't shifting military forces to the Pacific for shits and giggles.

Gelston
09-30-2014, 07:20 PM
The US isn't shifting military forces to the Pacific for shits and giggles.

They are doing it for annual training and repositioning that they have been doing over the course of years. This has nothing to do with protests in Hong Kong.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 07:23 PM
They are doing it for annual training and repositioning that they have been doing over the course of years. This has nothing to do with protests in Hong Kong.

I know. I'm saying this protest could have an impact, a huge impact, in the Pacific. In today's age of the Internet and social media there is no way China can crack down like they did in Tiananmen Square and get away with it.

Warriorbird
09-30-2014, 07:24 PM
You said it wasn't the same as Occupy because there were wealthy people involved.

I said wealthy people were involved in Occupy, simply to demonstrate that you should probably use any of the dozen or so other reasons why the two aren't the same.

You said nuh-uh.

I said yes, look.

You said I'm an idiot for comparing Occupy to Hong Kong.

Did I miss anything?

I was using one of the reasons. Occupy is a bunch of people who don't pay their student loans. This is a huge cross section of Hong Kong society. You were being stuck on the US.

Methais
09-30-2014, 07:25 PM
Basic human truth is one person should not own 2 houses if another person has none. When was the last time you saw a bird with two nests and another bird homeless?

When was the last time you saw a bird build a nest for another bird to live in that was too lazy to build its own nest?

Because muslims didn't start trying to exterminate the infidels of the world until someone told them about income equality and redistribution of wealth, right? If we just give them a bunch of money they'll become peaceful and go away.

And how do you explain drug lords that are already super rich yet keep at it? How do you explain people who are already rich yet continue on their crime sprees? You do know that rich people commit crimes too, right?

Dude, I had fucking WHITE CHICKEN meat, WHITE potatoes and WHITE rolls. I barely liked the off white chicken gravy, dark chicken meat, green broccoli or red cranberry sauce though.

All on a WHITE plate!!!

CANNIBAL!

Don't be fooled.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h32tot_7Em8/URHI-XSzR2I/AAAAAAAAAjA/-7-4qzYalgw/s1600/i+see+what+u+did+there.jpeg

Gelston
09-30-2014, 07:26 PM
I know. I'm saying this protest could have an impact, a huge impact, in the Pacific. In today's age of the Internet and social media there is no way China can crack down like they did in Tiananmen Square and get away with it.

If anyone can, it is China. And no other country is going to do a damn thing about it.

Tgo01
09-30-2014, 07:27 PM
If anyone can, it is China. And no other country is going to do a damn thing about it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. China has been getting their way for years now. No one dares hold them accountable for anything they do.

Thondalar
09-30-2014, 07:28 PM

I think the issue is we're not taking our crazy pills. Well, that's my issue anyway.

For real though, I think it's just something we're going to have to sit back and watch. If they bring in the Army to physically quash the protestors, it might trigger a Democratic revolution in China. The expansion of wealth in their increasingly Capitalistic system is making a lot of influential citizens question the Party. Might be time for a change.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 07:29 PM

China's economy isn't as strong as they want people to believe. If they send in troops and it gets bloody then foreign corporations might easily well pull out of HK and mainland China. If this protest were to spread to cities in mainland China and Taiwan..

Gelston
09-30-2014, 07:31 PM
China's economy isn't as strong as they want people to believe. If they send in troops and it gets bloody then foreign corporations might easily well pull out of HK and mainland China. If this protest were to spread to cities in mainland China and Taiwan..

Corporations aren't going to pull out of china. That is a market of a billion people that work really cheaply. Money trumps blood.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 07:31 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. China has been getting their way for years now. No one dares hold them accountable for anything they do.

Don't be so sure about that. Countries in that region are pushing back hard against expansionism in the south China sea.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 07:32 PM
Corporations aren't going to pull out of china. That is a market of a billion people that work really cheaply. Money trumps blood.

Right, and if bad publicity effects the bottom line then they will say adios.

Gelston
09-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Right, and if bad publicity effects the bottom line then they will say adios.

Hahahahahahaha, it won't effect anything. You think Nike sells less shoes? You think anyone gives a damn where their cellphone comes from?

Methais
I'll be surprised if some ISIS people don't show up and suicide bomb the fuck out of these massive crowds.

Tgo01
I don't see why companies are investing in China to begin with.

They keep touting what a huge market it is yet China constantly favors Chinese run firms while scrutinizing foreign firms. A lot of companies who thought they were going to make a fortune by opening up shop in China found out the hard way they didn't make anywhere near what they thought they would.

Factories and manufacturing are going to continue to be strong in China though. As Gelston says cheap labor won't put an end to that anytime soon.

Gelston
I'll be surprised if some ISIS people don't show up and suicide bomb the fuck out of these massive crowds.

ISIS always makes me think of Archer.

Tgo01
09-30-2014, 07:35 PM
Don't be so sure about that. Countries in that region are pushing back hard against expansionism in the south China sea.

Yeah and there isn't a thing they can really do about it. Last I heard China still thinks they control pretty much the entire south China sea and no one has stopped them from fishing or oil exploring the entire thing.

Methais
09-30-2014, 08:18 PM
But how will this affect MMO gold prices?

Gelston
09-30-2014, 08:22 PM
But how will this affect MMO gold prices?

osnap! Imagine playing an MMO with no goldfarmers.

JackWhisper
09-30-2014, 08:22 PM
I'd sub to that shit so fucking hard.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 08:24 PM
osnap! Imagine playing an MMO with no goldfarmers.

One of my favorite memories in WoW was hunting and killing chinese gold farmers and watching them scramble around trying to find my rogue.

JackWhisper
09-30-2014, 08:29 PM
One of my top five favorite WOW memories.

Playing my troll shaman.
Seeing endless amounts of alliance gold farmers farming herbs/skins in hinterlands.
Doing Thunderstorm, knocking them off a cliff.

5-10 minute run back. Rinse/repeat. Hilarious.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Killing alliance with vin diesel >

Methais
09-30-2014, 08:48 PM
I'd always send tells to the gold farmers acting like I wanted to buy their overpriced BoE epics or whatever they were scheming with and wasting as much of their time as possible.

I'm pretty sure me and Ryjex got this dude named Kokoj fired because we wasted so much of his time his sweatshop production levels probably dropped down to almost nothing for like 3 weeks. They're as persistent as telemarketers and never seem to catch onto being trolled.

Then one day he abruptly disappeared, and is probably off sucking dick somewhere now to feed famiry.

Ryjex
09-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Pretty sure I missed raids because we were messing with Kokoj

~Rocktar~
09-30-2014, 09:10 PM
I made a fortune off gold farmers. I bought farm-able mats in the hundreds of stacks at a time at bargain prices and listed them a few stacks at a time at market price. Also made things from the raw goods as well. Loved the early obsidium ore prospect exploit, made a boat load of cash out of that. Of course prospecting a few thousand stacks of ore and cutting gems did take a good bit of time. Too bad they fixed it and I had to take a slightly reduced profit on selling the ore. Free commerce for the win.

Back
09-30-2014, 10:49 PM

If you are looking for intelligent discussion on anything you are in the wrong place, buddy.

People can call me all kinds of crazy but I honestly believe that the unmitigated greed of capitalism is destroying our society. Hong Kong is just another uprising you will continually see until we make things more financially equal for everyone.

Tgo01
09-30-2014, 10:51 PM
People can call me all kinds of crazy but I honestly believe that the unmitigated greed of capitalism is destroying our society. Hong Kong is just another uprising you will continually see until we make things more financially equal for everyone.

Thank you Back for coming right out and admitting you have no idea what is going on in Hong Kong right now. There was some ambiguity there for a while but this post makes it clear.

Methais
09-30-2014, 11:05 PM
If you are looking for intelligent discussion on anything you are in the wrong place, buddy.

Do you really believe that people who don't work should be given free stuff at the expense of those who earn money by working?

Back
09-30-2014, 11:06 PM
It amazes me the kind of hostility that gets invoked when someone says all people should live in peace and equality.

Back
09-30-2014, 11:07 PM
Do you really believe that people who don't work should be given free stuff at the expense of those who earn money by working?

Do you want to work? Or would you rather get a free ride?

Fallen
09-30-2014, 11:32 PM
China is in a lose lose situation here. They'll squash this revolution sooner or later and look terrible for doing so. There is 0% chance they will back down on their current stance.

The question is how long will they let this situation drag out, how they will bring it to a close, and what will be the fallout for Hong Kong? Also, whether the US and more importantly the UK will have the balls to speak out in support of the protesters.

Wrathbringer
10-01-2014, 06:16 AM

Of course he does. He's a democrap.

JackWhisper
10-01-2014, 06:23 AM
All I get out of this is Back mooching off someone somewhere.

Wrathbringer
10-01-2014, 06:31 AM

Duh, free ride. It's not even close.

Wrathbringer
10-01-2014, 06:39 AM
It amazes me the kind of hostility that gets invoked when someone says all people should live in peace and equality.

Clown car here.

Parkbandit
10-01-2014, 08:02 AM

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/045/d/f/dr_rockso_animated_gif_by_djamjr805-d39kjcm.gif

Fallen
10-01-2014, 08:08 AM
K-K-K-K-KYEEEEEEAAAAH! I love the rock and roll clown.

Tenlaar
10-01-2014, 08:13 AM
500th clown picture
Your trolling technique is every bit as stupid as his words but exhibits even less thought.

Solkern
10-01-2014, 08:15 AM
I'll be in Hong Kong this week, it's getting bad in China, can't even access multiple sites through VPN.
If you mention anything about Hong Kong on Wechat or skype your internet here gets shut down or goes berserk for hours

Fallen
10-01-2014, 08:16 AM
I'll be in Hong Kong this week, it's getting bad in China, can't even access multiple sites through VPN.
If you mention anything about Hong Kong on Wechat or skype your internet here gets shut down or goes berserk for hours

Stay the fuck out of the financial district! Seriously.

Parkbandit
10-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Your trolling technique is every bit as stupid as his words but exhibits even less thought.

That's the point, Herp Derp.

Solkern
10-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Stay the fuck out of the financial district! Seriously.
I have every intention to avoid that area. Rumor has it, any foreigner caught there and seemingly involved in the situation will be detained and have their visa revoked. I just want to go to Lantau island with the wife.

Methais
10-01-2014, 09:03 AM

Getting a free ride doesn't sound like equality.

Are you going to answer my question? Or are you gonna tap dance around it because you know how stupid you'll look if you gave me a straight honest answer?

Atlanteax
10-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Speaking of the farce that was "Occupy Wall Street" ...

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/01/news/hong-kong-protesters-nice/index.html?iid=HP_LN

Add the threat of tear gas, pepper spray or the sting of a police baton, and political protests can often make for angry crowds.
Not so in Hong Kong, where protesters will help you over a police barricade, recycle your water bottle, ply you with fruit, and never forget to say please and thank you.
It's tough to say for sure, but the pro-democracy demonstrators of the "Umbrella Revolution" might just be the world's nicest protesters.
The crowds camping out across Hong Kong have already set up a recycling system, and teenagers can be seen sorting through rubbish at every protest site. On Twitter, there are even photos of kids helping the trash man load his truck.
Some protesters have set about distributing food and water. Others are handing out face masks to help protect against tear gas, and grandmothers offer surplus umbrellas. In the local parks, protesters stick to sidewalks and don't trample the grass.
They are efficient, and unfailingly polite.

Remember the extent that Wall Street got trashed? (bolded portions for emphasis)

There are other signs of healing. After a thunderstorm rolled through on Tuesday evening, images surfaced of protesters sharing their umbrellas with police officers -- the same umbrellas that only two days earlier had been used to protect against pepper spray.

Nice...

Atlanteax
10-01-2014, 09:25 AM

A significant portion of "Occupy Wall Street" 'protestors' (in NYC, not HK) wanted the later.

Solkern
10-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Little off topic, but I thought this was an interesting read, I'd love some other people's take on the article, someone earlier mentioned South China Sea and Tiananmen Square
http://m.theweek.com/article/index/264774/why-the-chinese-military-is-only-a-paper-dragon

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 10:37 AM
That was meee. I'll read it and let you know. Stay safe over there.

Back
10-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Getting a free ride doesn't sound like equality.

Are you going to answer my question? Or are you gonna tap dance around it because you know how stupid you'll look if you gave me a straight honest answer?

I do believe that there are people who don't, can't, or won't work, and they deserve homes, clothes, and food regardless. I am more than equipped to provide for myself and others.

So now that I have answered your question are you going to answer mine? Would you rather work or get a free ride?

You've been nothing more than a bullshit internet troll with nothing to contribute to conversations so I don't expect a real answer from you.

Exit
10-01-2014, 11:07 AM
I do believe that there are people who don't, can't, or won't work, and they deserve homes, clothes, and food regardless. I am more than equipped to provide for myself and others.

So now that I have answered your question are you going to answer mine? Would you rather work or get a free ride?

You've been nothing more than a bullshit internet troll with nothing to contribute to conversations so I don't expect a real answer from you.

What kind of people who don't or won't work deserve homes etc?

Atlanteax
10-01-2014, 11:08 AM

People who *will not* work do *not* deserve homes, clothes, food, etc to be 'handed to them'.

People who *cannot* work should receive limited assistance (their family should have the primary responsibility)

People who *do not* work are presumably living off their savings, otherwise they fall into do the "will not" category.

Back
10-01-2014, 11:09 AM
What kind of people who don't or won't work deserve homes etc?

Uh? People?

You'd rather watch them suffer and die? Thats insane. Thats inhuman. Thats not the life program.

Tgo01
10-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Uh? People?

You'd rather watch them suffer and die?

I'd rather they got a job and paid their own bills.

Solkern
10-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Uh? People?

You'd rather watch them suffer and die? Thats insane. Thats inhuman. Thats not the life program.

I'd rather them find a way to support themselves, rather than live off other people's hard work.

Back
10-01-2014, 11:12 AM
People who *will not* work do *not* deserve homes, clothes, food, etc to be 'handed to them'.

People who *cannot* work should receive limited assistance (their family should have the primary responsibility)

People who *do not* work are presumably living off their savings, otherwise they fall into do the "will not" category.

According to who?

You?

Who made you the boss of everything?

Back
10-01-2014, 11:15 AM
I'd rather them find a way to support themselves, rather than live off other people's hard work.

I get that but if someone is dying of starvation are you not going to give them food rather than stand back and say "it is their own fault for not being able to get food?"

Solkern
10-01-2014, 11:17 AM
According to who?

You?

Who made you the boss of everything?

So tell me, why should I support people, who refuse to work to provide for themselves and just want a free ride?
And what happens if our entire nation just goes fuck it! Nobody work! The government will provide us everything.
Or you think it's peopkes responsibility to care for people that want free hand outs and do nothing?

Tgo01
10-01-2014, 11:18 AM
I get that but if someone is dying of starvation are you not going to give them food rather than stand back and say "it is their own fault for not being able to get food?"

Well now you're changing your argument. We are talking about people who "will not" work, that implies they can work and have ample job opportunities.

Solkern
10-01-2014, 11:19 AM

Obviously if they are dying of starvation they fall in the category of "can't work".
Not don't, and won't work.

Exit
10-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Well now you're changing your argument. We are talking about people who "will not" work, that implies they can work and have ample job opportunities.

Seems like he's blurring the well defined lines to suit his distorted point of view.

Back
10-01-2014, 11:24 AM
So tell me, why should I support people, who refuse to work to provide for themselves and just want a free ride?

Because you are human? Generous? Is that not a good quality?

The time we are living in now is a time of greed. Greed is promoted as a life goal but is ultimately wrong in the life system.

Warriorbird
10-01-2014, 11:25 AM
And what happens if our entire nation just goes fuck it! Nobody work! The government will provide us everything.
Or you think it's peopkes responsibility to care for people that want free hand outs and do nothing?

Part of the problem here is he does a terrible job of presenting min income theory. Milton Friedman even advocated it before.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/08/why-arent-reformicons-pushing-a-guaranteed-basic-income/375600/

Tgo01
10-01-2014, 11:26 AM
The time we are living in now is a time of greed. Greed is promoted as a life goal but is ultimately wrong in the life system.

This coming from the man who claims he has traveled to several different countries and is planning trips to several more. Shouldn't you be donating all of that excess money to charity?

Johnny Five
10-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Man, this thread....is great..

Back, hey, you got extra... I'm gonna quit so hey... can you buy me a house? And a car? Pay all my bills, as well as feed me.
I like to have tacos every Tuesday.

Solkern
10-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Because you are human? Generous? Is that not a good quality?

Generous to those that deserve, not to those that want to do nothing and expect everything.
Now you'll say people who deserve? What defines someone who deserves something?
I'll answer before you can even ask. Someone one who makes a valid attempt to support themselves, but still comes up short. Not someone who refuses to do anything and expects a free hand out through life

Parkbandit
10-01-2014, 11:28 AM

Not sure why I am bothering here.. but I sense a teachable moment, so here we go:

What happens, in your reality, when more and more people want 'free rides' and no longer wish to work... where the workers are far outnumbered by the free riders?

Solkern
10-01-2014, 11:29 AM
This coming from the man who claims he has traveled to several different countries and is planning trips to several more. Shouldn't you be donating all of that excess money to charity?

I doubt he's seen anything outside of western civilization

Back
10-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Man, this thread....is great..

Back, hey, you got extra... I'm gonna quit so hey... can you buy me a house? And a car? Pay all my bills, as well as feed me.
I like to have tacos every Tuesday.

Sure thing, buddy. You like it?

Solkern
10-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Not sure why I am bothering here.. but I sense a teachable moment, so here we go:

What happens, in your reality, when more and more people want 'free rides' and no longer wish to work... where the workers are far outnumbered by the free riders?
Already mentioned it and he ignored it :)

Johnny Five
10-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Sure thing, buddy. You like it?

Hey, I need about 800$ for my rent, can you please paypal this to me?

Methais
10-01-2014, 11:34 AM

People who *can't* work (disability, etc.), sure, they deserve help.

People who are capable of working but refuse to do so don't deserve shit. They deserve nothing. They don't even deserve my leftovers that I would otherwise throw away. What makes them so special that they should get a free ride off of people who do work, when they're perfectly capable of working to support themselves? I already know that you won't answer this, because you're a complete waste of life piece of garbage.

I'd rather not have to work. This doesn't mean I'd rather get a free ride at someone else's expense, because that's part of not being a worthless piece of shit, which is something you don't seem to have any concept of, mainly because you're a sissy little hipster bitch.

I don't mind helping people who need it because they are unable to help themselves.

I do have a problem with helping people who refuse to even try to help themeslves.

The sad part about your posts is that you're not trolling.

Solkern
10-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Hey, I need about 800$ for my rent, can you please paypal this to me?

I need $2000 for my monthly living expenses and since I'm in a second world country and demand 1st world luxuries I get first dibs

Fallen
10-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Speaking of the farce that was "Occupy Wall Street" ...

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/01/news/hong-kong-protesters-nice/index.html?iid=HP_LN

Remember the extent that Wall Street got trashed? (bolded portions for emphasis)

Nice...

I'm curious if China will start planting more violent/disruptive protesters there to help give them some semblance of an excuse to crack down harshly. I'm also wondering where they are going to the bathroom. That was a problem with Occupy Wallstreet and I can imagine will become one here as well.

Solkern
10-01-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm curious if China will start planting more violent/disruptive protesters there to help give them some semblance of an excuse to crack down harshly. I'm also wondering where they are going to the bathroom. That was a problem with Occupy Wallstreet and I can imagine will become one here as well.

Well if HK is anything like mainland China... From what I've seen in Guangzhou they just shit and pee on the streets and in public trash cans, and this is normal in everyday life, I'm not even surprised by it anymore

Back
10-01-2014, 11:42 AM
People who *can't* work (disability, etc.), sure, they deserve help.

People who are capable of working but refuse to do so don't deserve shit. They deserve nothing. They don't even deserve my leftovers that I would otherwise throw away. What makes them so special that they should get a free ride off of people who do work, when they're perfectly capable of working to support themselves? I already know that you won't answer this, because you're a complete waste of life piece of garbage.

I'd rather not have to work. This doesn't mean I'd rather get a free ride at someone else's expense, because that's part of not being a worthless piece of shit, which is something you don't seem to have any concept of, mainly because you're a sissy little hipster bitch.

I don't mind helping people who need it because they are unable to help themselves.

I do have a problem with helping people who refuse to even try to help themeslves.

The sad part about your posts is that you're not trolling.

Dude. As people, actual people, like human beings, there is no reason for us to fight. We are family, We are species. We are life. And life is exponential. We are meant not to destroy ourselves. We are meant to propagate.

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Little off topic, but I thought this was an interesting read, I'd love some other people's take on the article, someone earlier mentioned South China Sea and Tiananmen Square
http://m.theweek.com/article/index/264774/why-the-chinese-military-is-only-a-paper-dragon

Great piece and it pretty much hits all the nails on the head. They are building a lot of new high tech weaponry but as this says China's know how is limited. Most of their home built tech is largely untested which in itself puts it at a huge disadvantage. Their ballistic missiles could prove a threat to our navy but again, no one bt the Chinese know how well their tech works.

The one thing this article doesn't mention is their cyberwarfare and anti-satellite capabilities which could be a decent threat. However even with that in mind ultimately they really don't have any allies they could count on in a war.

Paper dragon indeed, though one to keep an eye on just in case.

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Dude. As people, actual people, like human beings, there is no reason for us to fight. We are family, We are species. We are life. And life is exponential. We are meant not to destroy ourselves. We are meant to propagate.

And Gelston calls me a hippy.

Solkern
10-01-2014, 11:45 AM

Second person I've had to say this to today.
Having any sort of conversation with you, is like putting gas in a car you've just totaled.

Methais
10-01-2014, 11:46 AM

If someone's dying of starvation, there's a 99.999999999999999999% chance that it's not because they refuse to get off their ass and go work.

Here is the type of person that doesn't deserve shit:

Backlash: "There's an apple tree down the road, but I don't want to get up and walk over there to pick them in order to eat. I want you to spend your day picking the apples for me and then bring them to me."

Normal Person: "Fuck that, get off your ass and go pick them yourself like I'm doing."

Backlash: "But I'll starve! Have you no heart?! You'd rather watch me starve to death than go pick my apples for me because I'm too lazy to do it myself!??!!??!?!"

http://mission.moore.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/img-2391021-7-batman_slaps_robin_by_lovelyobnoxious-d4zd0s4.jpg

Solkern
10-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Great piece and it pretty much hits all the nails on the head. They are building a lot of new high tech weaponry but as this says China's know how is limited. Most of their home built tech is largely untested which in itself puts it at a huge disadvantage. Their ballistic missiles could prove a threat to our navy but again, no one bt the Chinese know how well their tech works.

The one thing this article doesn't mention is their cyberwarfare and anti-satellite capabilities which could be a decent threat. However even with that in mind ultimately they really don't have any allies they could count on in a war.

Paper dragon indeed, though one to keep an eye on just in case.

I agree, not sure why they didn't mention cyber warfare. I'm sure it deserves its own article

Back
10-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Backlash: "There's an apple tree down the road, but I don't want to get up and walk over there to pick them in order to eat. I want you to spend your day picking the apples for me and then bring them to me."

Normal Person: "Fuck that, get off your ass and go pick them yourself like I'm doing."

Backlash: "But I'll starve! Have you no heart?! You'd rather watch me starve to death than go pick my apples for me because I'm too lazy to do it myself!??!!??!?!"

I am sad that you feel that way.

Solkern
10-01-2014, 11:49 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Methais again.

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 11:50 AM

I'm sad you're derailing this thread harder than latrinsorm would.

Back
10-01-2014, 11:53 AM
If someone's dying of starvation, there's a 99.999999999999999999% chance that it's not because they refuse to get off their ass and go work.

Holy fucking shit. You have to be the biggest asshole I've ever been exposed to.

Not my best moment.

Johnny Five
10-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Back has yet to transfer the 800$ into my paypal account. I just want this to be known.

Tgo01
10-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Holy fucking shit. You have to be the biggest asshole I've ever been exposed to.

Not my best moment.

Except, y'know, he's right. People dying of starvation in the US is extremely rare and most of the time when someone does die of starvation it's not because the person is poor.

Warriorbird
10-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Except, y'know, he's right. People dying of starvation in the US is extremely rare and most of the time when someone does die of starvation it's not because the person is poor.

Old age, insanity and drug addiction are the most common reasons. They don't necessarily translate to "not getting up off their ass."

Atlanteax
10-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Well if HK is anything like mainland China... From what I've seen in Guangzhou they just shit and pee on the streets and in public trash cans, and this is normal in everyday life, I'm not even surprised by it anymore

Taiwan hates mainland Chinese tourists for this very reason. Is one of those things that 'justifies' the bias/prejudice that Taiwanese has against 'Mainlanders'.

I imagine it would be similar in Hong Kong.

Atlanteax
10-01-2014, 12:17 PM

Propagate to the extent that Mother Earth is destroyed from rampant ecological destruction brought about by overpopulation?

Why do you hate the environment?

(btw, lazy people should not be propagating and teaching their offspring to be lazy too)

Solkern
10-01-2014, 12:19 PM
And Gelston calls me a hippy.

Taiwan hates mainland Chinese tourists for this very reason. Is one of those things that 'justifies' the bias/prejudice that Taiwanese has against 'Mainlanders'.

I imagine it would be similar in Hong Kong.

Ah, totally understandable, wasn't sure if it was just a mainland thing or not. Thanks for clearing it up

Methais
10-01-2014, 12:31 PM

Not my best moment.

Are you really this dumb? I said if someone is dying of starvation, there's a 99.99999% chance that it's NOT because they refuse to get off their ass and go to work.

In case you still don't understand, let me try again:

If someone is dying of starvation, it's almost always going to be due to some sort of circumstance beyond their control, which would mean they'd fall into the "This person deserves help" category.

Considering how stupid you are though, I have no faith that you will ever understand this concept.

Why? Why do you refuse to acknowledge the difference between people who can't work and people who won't work?

Why do you think people who refuse to work (PROTIP: This isn't the same as people who CAN'T work) should get a free ride off of people who do work?

http://www.somegif.com/gifs/1392210550486227409.GIF

Ker_Thwap
10-01-2014, 12:43 PM

Much like the noble lion, I like to kill off the young children of single moms, so that I can then mate with them and impregnate them with my DNA.

Hah, you're all debating with Back as if he's ever going to get it.

Johnny Five
10-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Much like the noble lion, I like to kill off the young children of single moms, so that I can then mate with them and impregnate them with my DNA.

I'm not debating with him. He said I am clearly entitled to his money but he refuses to pay. I am getting upset.

Parkbandit
10-01-2014, 12:49 PM

I KNEW it would be a waste of effort. Back to clowns.

http://www.designsbyjoy.net/DesignerTag/tuts/clowncar/clowncar.gif

Ker_Thwap
10-01-2014, 01:03 PM
I'm not debating with him. He said I am clearly entitled to his money but he refuses to pay. I am getting upset.

Pfft, you think I actually read this thread. I just stopped in to threadshit.

Tisket
10-01-2014, 01:27 PM

Nailed it.

Methais
10-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Back is going to bow out of this thread for the rest of today if not longer, then he'll chime back in tomorrow in response to some random post as if it's his first post in the thread and none of his other stupid posts ever happened.

Back
10-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Second person I've had to say this to today.
Having any sort of conversation with you, is like putting gas in a car you've just totaled.

I feel bad for the person you convinced you were being witty.

Methais
10-01-2014, 02:12 PM
I feel bad for the person you convinced you were being witty.

I got bills to pay Back. When are you sending me some money?

Thondalar
10-01-2014, 02:15 PM
I got up at 5:30 this morning to get ready for work, and while I was taking a shit I thought about everything Back has said. You know what? He's right. Completely right. So I said fuck it, and quit my job.

Hey Back, I mailed you my paypal, I'm gonna need $1200 for my mortgage by the 14th of this month, $247 for my electric bill by the 10th, and I dunno...$550 or so for groceries. You wouldn't want me to lose my home or have my kids starve, would you? I didn't think so.

Oh, while you're at it, my car is getting a little old too, so I'd like a new one of those. Get one for my wife too, while you're at it. I'm also going to need $120 for our cell phone bill, $120 for my cable/internet, let's say $100 for gas this month, and throw in another $250 or so for incidentals. Actually, I'm not working anymore, so you can cut the gas allowance down to like $25. Oh, car insurance is due next month too, so throw in another $750 for that for 6 months...although that may go up with the new cars. Or down? I dunno, let me know what you're getting me so I can get some quotes for you.

You're an absolute fucking moron. Your ignorance is exceeded only by your stupidity.

Back
10-01-2014, 02:22 PM
I got bills to pay Back. When are you sending me some money?

I got up at 5:30 this morning to get ready for work, and while I was taking a shit I thought about everything Back has said. You know what? He's right. Completely right. So I said fuck it, and quit my job.

Hey Back, I mailed you my paypal, I'm gonna need $1200 for my mortgage by the 14th of this month, $247 for my electric bill by the 10th, and I dunno...$550 or so for groceries. You wouldn't want me to lose my home or have my kids starve, would you? I didn't think so.

Oh, while you're at it, my car is getting a little old too, so I'd like a new one of those. Get one for my wife too, while you're at it. I'm also going to need $120 for our cell phone bill, $120 for my cable/internet, let's say $100 for gas this month, and throw in another $250 or so for incidentals. Actually, I'm not working anymore, so you can cut the gas allowance down to like $25. Oh, car insurance is due next month too, so throw in another $750 for that for 6 months...although that may go up with the new cars. Or down? I dunno, let me know what you're getting me so I can get some quotes for you.

You're an absolute fucking moron. Your ignorance is exceeded only by your stupidity.

As soon as you two get the fucking point.

Tgo01
10-01-2014, 02:23 PM

Uh-oh! Looks like Back is in the process of backtracking!

Solkern
10-01-2014, 02:24 PM

They get the point. They want free hand outs from you, which you think everyone should get. So why aren't you helping them?

Tisket
10-01-2014, 02:36 PM
I rather suspect that Back might be the rep system feces fetishist:

Thread: Hong Kong protests ramping up (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?92536-Hong-Kong-protests-ramping-up&p=1703096#post1703096)
Hey, we'd all appreciate it if you could cork your butthole, turd launcher.

Methais
10-01-2014, 02:44 PM

WE'RE STARVING OVER HERE BACK AND WE DON'T WANT TO WORK!!!! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO GREEDY!?!??!?!!?

PLEASE MAKE US UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT BACK, I THOUGHT YOU SAID THAT PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO WORK SHOULD GET HANDOUTS AND A FREE RIDE?!?!?!!?!?!/

Candor
10-01-2014, 02:50 PM
There are websites where one can donate money to individuals - Back needs to check them out. We should also create pages on one of them and send Back the links.

Parkbandit
10-01-2014, 02:50 PM
I rather suspect that Back might be the rep system feces fetishist:

Thread: Hong Kong protests ramping up (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?92536-Hong-Kong-protests-ramping-up&p=1703096#post1703096)
Hey, we'd all appreciate it if you could cork your butthole, turd launcher.

No way.. Packlash said he signs all his rep comments.

Methais
10-01-2014, 02:55 PM
There are websites where one can donate money to individuals - Back needs to check them out. We should also create pages on one of them and send Back the links.

Back doesn't think he should be the one helping people out, just that everyone else should be.

Thondalar
10-01-2014, 03:02 PM
WE'RE STARVING OVER HERE BACK AND WE DON'T WANT TO WORK!!!! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO GREEDY!?!??!?!!?

PLEASE MAKE US UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT BACK, I THOUGHT YOU SAID THAT PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO WORK SHOULD GET HANDOUTS AND A FREE RIDE?!?!?!!?!?!/

Wait wait...you're saying Back isn't going to pay my bills? But he convinced me I don't need to work anymore! I quit my job! What do you expect me to do now?!?!?

Tgo01
10-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Wait wait...you're saying Back isn't going to pay my bills? But he convinced me I don't need to work anymore! I quit my job! What do you expect me to do now?!?!?

Obviously you should join the protests in Hong Kong; they are fighting for the 99.999%.

Methais
10-01-2014, 03:35 PM

Back is such a greedy heartless asshole! How can he just sit there and watch us starve!?!??!?!!???E#?E?E?E?e/ijfijop

Parkbandit
10-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Back doesn't think he should be the one helping people out, just that everyone else should be.

To be fair, that is a main pillar of Liberalism.

Methais
10-01-2014, 03:44 PM
To be fair, that is a main pillar of Liberalism.

But I thought Back was above politics? He told me himself, that "As people, actual people, like human beings, there is no reason for us to fight. We are family, We are species. We are life. And life is exponential. We are meant not to destroy ourselves. We are meant to propagate."

Why does he not care? He must be a bigot.

Parkbandit
10-01-2014, 03:59 PM
But I thought Back was above politics? He told me himself, that "As people, actual people, like human beings, there is no reason for us to fight. We are family, We are species. We are life. And life is exponential. We are meant not to destroy ourselves. We are meant to propagate."

Why does he not care? He must be a bigot.

He probably realized how utterly retarded he sounded and decided to light up again so he could understand himself. He'll be back later.

Back
10-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Amazing such hostility. I'd be more than happy to pay as many other people's bills as a I could.

Johnny Five
10-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Amazing such hostility. I'd be more than happy to pay as many other people's bills as a I could.

Then pay me fucker.

Parkbandit
10-01-2014, 04:14 PM

What is stopping you exactly?

Probably just your hypocrisy.

You have at least 3 people who have asked you for your help.. that they would like to stop working and get a free ride. You, being the successful owner, leaser, manager, worker, etc... that you are, clearly can afford to help each of them. What is the next step?

I'm only here to help.. to get people who need help in touch with people who want to help.

Methais
10-01-2014, 04:17 PM

How many peoples' bills are you paying now?

JackWhisper
10-01-2014, 04:21 PM
WTF Back. Pay my Gemstone bill!

Parkbandit
10-01-2014, 04:23 PM
WTF Back. Pay my Gemstone bill!

Gemstone isn't a right, it's a privilege!

He would rather pay your rent, utility bills, healthcare bill and your food bills.

Back
10-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Lets pretend we live in a world where no one has debt, where no one owes anyone else anything, where value is in what you produce not what you could "possibly" produce, where you get what you work for, and everyone has an equal vote.

Parkbandit
10-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Lets pretend we live in a world where no one has debt, where no one owes anyone else anything, where value is in what you produce not what you could "possibly" produce, where you get what you work for, and everyone has an equal vote.

Let's pretend you live in reality with the rest of us.

Are you going to help those who have asked for your help or not?

Wrathbringer
10-01-2014, 04:39 PM

Methais
10-01-2014, 04:42 PM

Let's get back to the real world for a minute.

How many people are you supporting that don't feel like getting out and working to support themselves because they just want a free ride?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m41g3gxbLI1ruwr5to1_250.gif

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Back is going to bow out of this thread for the rest of today if not longer, then he'll chime back in tomorrow in response to some random post as if it's his first post in the thread and none of his other stupid posts ever happened.

How about you do the same, or make your own thread, or take it to PM. Jesus fuck already.

Back
10-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Then pay me fucker.

I'm particularly fond of this post because the person also has me in their sig.

Who would be so creepily brazen as to demand such things from a complete stranger?

Latrinsorm
10-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Do you really believe that people who don't work should be given free stuff at the expense of those who earn money by working?Think of it like an MMO. F2Ps can't possibly sustain the game financially without the people paying subscriber fees, but if all you have are paying subscribers you inevitably end up with a ghost town game like Gemstone which is unsustainable socially. The only sustainable game is an F2P model, the only sustainable polity is the (industrialized) welfare state.

DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND OR WHAT
Generous to those that deserve, not to those that want to do nothing and expect everything.
Now you'll say people who deserve? What defines someone who deserves something?
I'll answer before you can even ask. Someone one who makes a valid attempt to support themselves, but still comes up short. Not someone who refuses to do anything and expects a free hand out through lifeOur Founding Fathers defined that, you retarded commie. It is self-evident that all men have the right to life, no matter how annoyed you are with their laziness. If you've got a problem with the Founding Fathers of the United States of America, why don't you just stay in China.

Methais
10-01-2014, 04:56 PM
How about you do the same, or make your own thread, or take it to PM. Jesus fuck already.

Hey hey, the JESUS FUCK thread is here. (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?92545-Retarded-script-check)

Stay on topic or gtfo.

Haldrik
10-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Hey hey, the JESUS FUCK thread is here. (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?92545-Retarded-script-check)

Stay on topic or gtfo.

You called? Also, someone mentioned paying debt? I've got about 300k from law school sitting around if anyone is interested.

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 05:00 PM

Stay on topic or gtfo.

You're just as much of a dumb cunt as Back. Seriously, fucking stop already.

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 05:00 PM
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/542c634c6da8117755a943b3-538/tank-man-umbrella-revolution.png

Johnny Five
10-01-2014, 05:01 PM
I'm particularly fond of this post because the person also has me in their sig.

Who would be so creepily brazen as to demand such things from a complete stranger?

Didn't you just say we should do that!??!?!?! IF SOMEONE WAS STARVING!!!! Your back and forth is incredibly annoying. You say you would help people out, we asked for help, now you won't help.

Wrathbringer
10-01-2014, 05:03 PM
You called? Also, someone mentioned paying debt? I've got about 300k from law school sitting around if anyone is interested.

Brilliant. How's indentured servitude treating you?

Parkbandit
10-01-2014, 05:14 PM

Irony.

Methais
10-01-2014, 05:18 PM

Well guys it looks like the party's over. I've been told by PK. :(

Just kidding. Fuck off.

Haldrik
10-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Brilliant. How's indentured servitude treating you?

Dunno yet. I'm getting my legal masters in tax which pushes off any payments for a year.

But if we are being serious. Its not as bad as it seems. People spend far more on houses which they can easily risk losing. No one can take my degree.

Johnny Five
10-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Dunno yet. I'm getting my legal masters in tax which pushes off any payments for a year.

But if we are being serious. Its not as bad as it seems. People spend far more on houses which they can easily risk losing. No one can take my degree.

But they sure as fuck can take your paycheck. :)

Or not allow you to take/pass your BAR or revoke your ability to practice. (Maybe) Now that would just make your degree worthless.

Tgo01
10-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Jesus fuck already.

Jesus fucks when Jesus wants to. He doesn't fuck on command.

JackWhisper
10-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Craig Christ does.

JackWhisper
10-01-2014, 05:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdFrW076R0

Methais
10-01-2014, 05:28 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/141XC/are-you-saying-jesus-christ-couldn-t-hit-a-curveball/image.png

Johnny Five
10-01-2014, 05:36 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/a8/6b/1ea86b5592d56d565dad2d7768b9bcbb.jpg

Haldrik
10-01-2014, 05:47 PM
But they sure as fuck can take your paycheck. :)

Or not allow you to take/pass your BAR or revoke your ability to practice. (Maybe) Now that would just make your degree worthless.

Paycheck, sure. But there is laws that say they cannot take all of it. Worst case scenario is that I'm living like I have been most of my life.

There's been like 2 people who were denied moral character because of debt, but with really weird circumstances. One of the people failed the BAR 3 times. But I've never heard of losing your license once you have it. In fact Bankruptcy laws say the state cannot revoke a license because of filing for bankruptcy.

But I've already been approved for the moral character so as long as I pass the bar I should be golden.

Also there is some fucked up logic to not approve someone to be a lawyer because of debt. The government gave them the loans to be a lawyer. And now won't let them get a job to pay it back? Lol.

Johnny Five
10-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Paycheck, sure. But there is laws that say they cannot take all of it. Worst case scenario is that I'm living like I have been most of my life.

There's been like 2 people who were denied moral character because of debt, but with really weird circumstances. One of the people failed the BAR 3 times. But I've never heard of losing your license once you have it. In fact Bankruptcy laws say the state cannot revoke a license because of filing for bankruptcy.

But I've already been approved for the moral character so as long as I pass the bar I should be golden.

Also there is some fucked up logic to not approve someone to be a lawyer because of debt. The government gave them the loans to be a lawyer. And now won't let them get a job to pay it back? Lol.

Student loans are above bankruptcy... And government does what it wants.

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 05:53 PM
There is talk from some of the protesters that if Leung doesn't resign by Thursday night they will move in to occupy government buildings.

Haldrik
10-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Student loans are above bankruptcy... And government does what it wants.

I'm aware. But they have power to stop repossessions, foreclosure, etc. They can also give you more repayment time. And there actually is student loan discharge but its a really high standard and I would basically have to be paralyzed or some other permanent disability.

Gelston
10-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Take your degree and go practice in Cuba. Never repay your student loan.1

Wrathbringer
10-01-2014, 06:01 PM

I approve.

Thondalar
10-01-2014, 06:01 PM

Should've started out in Cuba to begin with, they'd have paid for your school from the start. Much better system, right?

Wrathbringer
10-01-2014, 06:05 PM
There is talk from some of the protesters that if Leung doesn't resign by Thursday night they will move in to occupy government buildings.

If/when China moves to discourage the protest, I expect it will be swift and firm as they've demonstrated in the past but I don't expect lethal force this time. The world is a much smaller place today. Far too much international scrutiny upon them as it is.

Edit: Especially as we've made it clear we will drone/invade/bomb/"bootsonthegroundderp" anyone/everyone when/where we take a whimsy. They know we're stupid enough to do it.

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 06:09 PM
If/when China moves to discourage the protest, I expect it will be swift and firm as they've demonstrated in the past but I don't expect lethal force this time. The world is a much smaller place today. Far too much international scrutiny upon them as it is.

Edit: Especially as we've made it clear we will drone/invade/bomb/"bootsonthegroundderp" anyone/everyone when/where we take a whimsy. They know we're stupid enough to do it.

Their best bet would be to just wait it out and let the local populace and business owners to turn against the protesters.

Tgo01
10-01-2014, 06:12 PM
That's the problem with peaceful protests; they are entirely too easy to ignore.

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 06:16 PM
That's the problem with peaceful protests; they are entirely too easy to ignore.

Violence would not help their cause as it would only turn the public against them.

Warriorbird
10-01-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm aware. But they have power to stop repossessions, foreclosure, etc. They can also give you more repayment time. And there actually is student loan discharge but its a really high standard and I would basically have to be paralyzed or some other permanent disability.

According to some posters here you should take your high level of income and use it to get credit cards and pay your student loans off with those and then go bankrupt.

JackWhisper
10-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Ferguson disagrees.

JackWhisper
10-01-2014, 06:35 PM
And you can't do the student loan/credit card bankruptcy thing, by the way.

Student loans are normally nondischargeable. All credit cards account certain items as nondischargeable. And they will sue or otherwise litigate to keep it on your debt.

Gelston
10-01-2014, 06:36 PM
And you can't do the student loan/credit card bankruptcy thing, by the way.

Student loans are normally nondischargeable. All credit cards account certain items as nondischargeable. And they will sue or otherwise litigate to keep it on your debt.

Duh, that is why you get cash advances from the cards and deposit that cash into your bank account and then use that cash to pay it off.

Haldrik
10-01-2014, 06:36 PM
According to some posters here you should take your high level of income and use it to get credit cards and pay your student loans off with those and then go bankrupt.

That's not actually a terrible idea. But there could be some language in the bankruptcy code that makes this unethical. That could get me disbarred.

Some of the plus loans are 7.9%. So at the very least if I could get a credit card with a lower %, doing a loan transfer wouldn't be a terrible idea.

JackWhisper
10-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Gelston... you mad genius.

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Lawyers have to be morally certified?? :lol2:

Gelston
10-01-2014, 06:43 PM

Only at the beginning. Theres all kind of shit that can get you disbarred though. Remember that anti-video game lobbyist? Disbarred for being a dumbfuck liar basically.

The action was the result of separate grievances filed by people claiming that Thompson made defamatory, false statements and attempted to humiliate, embarrass, harass or intimidate them.

It took SEVERAL filings and he had been doing that for a long time. Of course, after he was disbarred-

On September 19, 2009, Thompson announced that he intended to resume practicing law as of October 1, 2009, claiming that he was "never disbarred" because all of the orders resulting in his disbarment were legal nullities. He dared The Florida Bar to get a court order to stop him.

Methais
10-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Only at the beginning. Theres all kind of shit that can get you disbared though. Remember that anti-video game lobbyist? Disbarred for being a dumbfuck liar basically.

The action was the result of separate grievances filed by people claiming that Thompson made defamatory, false statements and attempted to humiliate, embarrass, harass or intimidate them.

It took SEVERAL filings and he had been doing that for a long time.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jack%20thompson

Wrathbringer
10-01-2014, 06:57 PM

I approve.

Haldrik
10-01-2014, 07:08 PM

In California, they don't really care about that. They care about the $600 they charge to do it.

Jeril
10-01-2014, 07:47 PM

LOL, your example is one of many that came to my mind when I made that statement.