PDA

View Full Version : Protesters in California want teacher fired because of his skin color

Tgo01
07-31-2014, 11:29 PM
Damn crackers. (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/29/californians-protest-middle-school-hiring-white-ma/)

Gelston
07-31-2014, 11:40 PM
Damn hippie Californians.

Thondalar
08-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Yeah, this goes back to the whole "white privilege" thing...every white person is automatically a racist, simply by being white. Also, keep in mind that racism is only a bad thing if you're white. If you're any other color it's perfectly acceptable, as illustrated by this article.

Jarvan
08-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Yeah, this goes back to the whole "white privilege" thing...every white person is automatically a racist, simply by being white. Also, keep in mind that racism is only a bad thing if you're white. If you're any other color it's perfectly acceptable, as illustrated by this article.

See, that's where you are wrong. It isn't even racist to say you don't want a white person to be teaching your babies. For a Black woman, that's just common sense. After all, a white person isn't as likely to teach them that the white man is keeping them down, and that they are entitled to anything they want because of something that happened 150 years ago.

Seriously tho... this is fucked up. I just wonder if some of the... more "enlightened" people in our little forum are going to speak out against this... or keep quite like usual.

Candor
08-01-2014, 04:43 AM
"We didn’t fight for a white male or female teacher to educate our babies"

There are so many things wrong with the above statement that I don't even know how to start tearing it down...

Luntz
08-01-2014, 05:55 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4gabe9v0d1qjmcaz.gif

Luntz
08-01-2014, 05:56 AM
"Hi we're gonna miseducate, steal and rewrite history, and we're gonna cry like bitches when you realize it" - all white people 5ever

Gelston
08-01-2014, 06:02 AM
"Hi we're gonna miseducate, steal and rewrite history, and we're gonna cry like bitches when you realize it" - all white people 5ever

Ever white person "5"ever huh?

Also, this has what to do with the news story?

Hydra
08-01-2014, 06:10 AM

Yup. This kind of logic can also be applied to sexism. Sexism is only bad if it is against women.

Wrathbringer
08-01-2014, 07:33 AM
"We didn’t fight for a white male or female teacher to educate our babies"

There are so many things wrong with the above statement that I don't even know how to start tearing it down...

Maybe they'd feel better about it if they understood how much smarter white teachers are. Then again, trying to make colored people understand anything is a bit of a chore.

Sorcasaurus
08-01-2014, 08:41 AM
The Rev. Paul McCoy of New Light for New Life Church of God said his concern has nothing to do with Mr. Beck as a person. Hiring teachers representative of the student body helps ensure sensitivity about topics related to race, he said

The best way to teach people about topics related to race is to shelter them from anyone who looks different than themselves. Flawless Victory there Rev.

I dislike that this isn't a direct quote though. Makes me squirm a bit when newspapers do this.

Ker_Thwap
08-01-2014, 09:38 AM
The best way to teach people about topics related to race is to shelter them from anyone who looks different than themselves. Flawless Victory there Rev.

I dislike that this isn't a direct quote though. Makes me squirm a bit when newspapers do this.

It's alright to indirect quote in this case, because he's a reverend, and his whole job description is about brainwashing people for profit.

Atlanteax
08-01-2014, 10:02 AM
I like the comment about hiring George Zimmerman instead to teach about racial diversity.

Jarvan
08-01-2014, 10:34 AM
It's alright to indirect quote in this case, because he's a reverend, and his whole job description is about brainwashing people for profit.

It's She, not he.

Gelston
08-01-2014, 10:42 AM
It's She, not he.

Rev Paul McCoy is a she?

Atlanteax
08-01-2014, 10:49 AM
You are both right, kinda

A small group of concerned citizens led by the Rev. Karen Crozier

Just referring to different people...

Gelston
08-01-2014, 10:51 AM
You are both right, kinda

Just referring to different people...

The one being quoted and spoken about was Paul though, so only one person is right here!

Candor
08-01-2014, 10:52 AM
C'mon libbies, doesn't anyone want to defend this group of racis...I mean concerned citizens?

Jarvan
08-01-2014, 11:08 AM
C'mon libbies, doesn't anyone want to defend this group of racis...I mean concerned citizens?

They will chime in sooner or later and call us racist.

Ker_Thwap
08-01-2014, 11:18 AM
They will chime in sooner or later and call us racist.

To be accurate, I was only kind of sexist, and fully anti-organized religion. I didn't touch the race issue however.

Warriorbird
08-01-2014, 11:21 AM

Little Candie, I think these people are extra stupid for helping to justify your opinions. I doubt you'll find any other opinions around here outside of your delusions.

Ker_Thwap
08-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Little Candie, I think these people are extra stupid for helping to justify your opinions. I doubt you'll find any other opinions around here outside of your delusions.

See, that's just not nice. You used a diminutive form of female address, perhaps questioning his manliness. Implying he's a small female, as if that's a bad thing. That's pretty sexist right there. Then you call his speech delusional, thereby mocking the mentally ill.

Are you certain that the liberal party in general would want such a hateful person to be representing them?

Warriorbird
08-01-2014, 11:46 AM
See, that's just not nice. You used a diminutive form of female address, perhaps questioning his manliness. Implying he's a small female, as if that's a bad thing. That's pretty sexist right there. Then you call his speech delusional, thereby mocking the mentally ill.

Are you certain that the liberal party in general would want such a hateful person to be representing them?

We're all about hate as you all tell us frequently.

I was only mocking 90s era GS speak (and thus the speaker) though, so be offended for the right people!

Sorcasaurus
08-01-2014, 11:51 AM

I was only mocking 90s era GS speak (and thus the speaker) though, so be offended for the right people!

No, I'll be offended for whoever I want.

I'm going to be offended for all the Candices of the world and your insinuation that they are all so huge that Candor would be a smaller version of one.

Ker_Thwap
08-01-2014, 11:56 AM

Who is this "you all" that you're attempting to categorize me with? First the hate speech, now you're lumping me in with others. Not cool. Attack the idea, not the person!

~Rocktar~
08-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Who is this "you all" that you're attempting to categorize me with? First the hate speech, now you're lumping me in with others. Not cool. Attack the idea, not the person!

Awwww, now you are just expecting too much of WB there. You know, or should know that he can't adequately defend or attack ideas with logic. His bread and butter tactics are logical fallacy, distraction and ad hominem attacks. The NEA would take away his PC Liberal Bully card if he actually used any logic or rational debate instead of emotional diatribes and insults.

Warriorbird
08-01-2014, 12:40 PM
I love it when people are being entertaining and somebody just fails to get it. You do you, Rocktar. You do you.

Sorcasaurus
08-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Awwww, now you are just expecting too much of WB there. You know, or should know that he can't adequately defend or attack ideas with logic. His bread and butter tactics are logical fallacy, distraction and ad hominem attacks. The NEA would take away his PC Liberal Bully card if he actually used any logic or rational debate instead of emotional diatribes and insults.

I'm not sure that post means what you think it means.

Candor
08-01-2014, 01:07 PM

I think WB just tried to insult me. Kinda cute in a pathetic sort of way.

Warriorbird
08-01-2014, 01:12 PM
I think WB just tried to insult me. Kinda cute in a pathetic sort of way.

Merely pointing out that your view of reality doesn't have much correlation with how you claim people think. Showing that you haven't moved past "Empies and spellsies and hugsies" is just about how you say things.

Methais
08-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Merely pointing out that your view of reality doesn't have much correlation with how you claim people think. Showing that you haven't moved past "Empies and spellsies and hugsies" is just about how you say things.

It's spellies and huggies, get it right.

And you forgot boxies and massies!!!!!!3

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/d5/e7/31/d5e731c80717975ffb7dc47af5974540.jpg

Tisket
08-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Rev. Karen Crozier:

http://seminary.fresno.edu/faculty/karen-crozier

Under "Scholarly Interests":

Racial, gender, and communal healing and justice

lol

Tisket
08-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Let's not make the mistake of assuming she speaks for all (or even most) people of color. This strikes me as a potential media driven tempest in a teacup kind of thing anyway. It's news because they say it's news.

Warriorbird
08-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Rev. Karen Crozier:

http://seminary.fresno.edu/faculty/karen-crozier

Under "Scholarly Interests":

Racial, gender, and communal healing and justice

lol

She's a uniter not a divider! Lol.

Let's not make the mistake of assuming she speaks for all (or even most) people of color. This strikes me as a potential media driven tempest in a teacup kind of thing anyway. It's news because they say it's news.

It came up for discussion at professional development. Many of my coworkers at the school think she's nuts. They wish we actually had the funding to have a cultural studies person of any color.

Taernath
08-01-2014, 02:43 PM
They wish we actually had the funding to have a cultural studies person of any color.

Yeah, this is a middle school too. I've never seen cultural studies below college level. Is it private? That might explain the funding and why this lady inserted herself.

Tgo01
08-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Is it private? That might explain the funding and why this lady inserted herself.

It's part of the Fresno unified school so I'm pretty sure that means no. (http://www.cashnet.org/meetings/2013_Annual_Conference/DesignAwardsImages/ProjectInDesign/C13-029-PID.pdf)

But geez, take a look at those pictures. The high school I went to in California looks like a dump in comparison, and the high school was the nicest looking school I went to.

How much money they got in Fresno?

Taernath
08-01-2014, 03:01 PM
It's part of the Fresno unified school so I'm pretty sure that means no. (http://www.cashnet.org/meetings/2013_Annual_Conference/DesignAwardsImages/ProjectInDesign/C13-029-PID.pdf)

But geez, take a look at those pictures. The high school I went to in California looks like a dump in comparison, and the high school was the nicest looking school I went to.

I guess that explains why Commiefornia is bankrupt. My high school was built for 1500 students, but had 2300+ enrolled when I went 10+ years ago.

Tgo01
08-01-2014, 03:04 PM
I guess that explains why Commiefornia is bankrupt. My high school was built for 1500 students, but had 2300+ enrolled when I went 10+ years ago.

My school was pretty similar to yours, I think it was built for 1200 and we had about 2000 students and that was 10+ years ago also.

Warriorbird
08-01-2014, 03:04 PM

It makes no damn sense. They get $5,000 per student less than my district does and we're hardly the highest per student spenders in VA.

They also have low pass rates.

Luntz
08-01-2014, 03:18 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/cfcfd4ae1937a58df096286e668e0a00/tumblr_inline_mllvx86cvd1qz4rgp.gif

Methais
08-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Karen Crozier

One of my managers at my old job was named Karen Crozier, except she was a hot MILF with nice jugs.

I am disappoint.

Thondalar
08-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Yeah, this is a middle school too. I've never seen cultural studies below college level. Is it private? That might explain the funding and why this lady inserted herself.

This is why our students are failing. Instead of getting a solid foundation in the good 'ol "Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic" they're getting sex ed and cultural studies.

It used to be the parents' job to teach these things...now I have to teach my 7th grader what the continents are. (that actually happened)

Gelston
08-01-2014, 04:07 PM
This is why our students are failing. Instead of getting a solid foundation in the good 'ol "Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic" they're getting sex ed and cultural studies.

It used to be the parents' job to teach these things...now I have to teach my 7th grader what the continents are. (that actually happened)

Sex Ed has been in existence in High Schools since 1913.

Jarvan
08-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Now we just got to wait for these teachers to protest a white teacher teaching Black History Month.

Also.. that PDF is very misleading, as most of the kids look white(ish). I would expect this school to be 98% Black the way this woman is reacting.

Tho.. according to the Census... only 8.9% are black.

Warriorbird
08-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Now we just got to wait for these teachers to protest a white teacher teaching Black History Month.

Also.. that PDF is very misleading, as most of the kids look white(ish). I would expect this school to be 98% Black the way this woman is reacting.

I'm glad I don't teach in California.

Atlanteax
08-01-2014, 04:38 PM

There is no rhyme or reason as to when minorities imagine racism to exist, exept if political grandstanding is possible, then someone/something is racist.

Jarvan
08-01-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm glad I don't teach in California.

Maybe you can get a job there teaching white cultural studies. I mean, shouldn't there be one for whites? Specially if this school, supposedly, is mostly minorities?

rolfard
08-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Took a class about African American studies. Was one of two Caucasians in the class. We were the top 2 students.

Tgo01
08-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Took a class about African American studies. Was one of two Caucasians in the class. We were the top 2 students.

Kind of like Mexican Americans who go to night school and take Spanish and get a B.

Also you forgot to mention; what color was the teacher's skin?

Ker_Thwap
08-01-2014, 06:01 PM
I took Native American Studies for the easy A. It was co-taught by a young Hippie professor, and an ancient tenured male professor, suffering from dementia. What a shitstorm, and I had to work hard to get an A-.

Latrinsorm
08-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Ever white person "5"ever huh?What else would you call something that's been going on longer than 4ever? Answer me that, smart guy.
Sex Ed has been in existence in High Schools since 1913.Same year as the Fed. Coincidence?

Taernath
08-01-2014, 06:34 PM

Keeping oppression alive by messing with the curve. Way to go, racist.

rolfard
08-01-2014, 06:36 PM
the teacher was not Caucasian, but i don't see color. i'm like steven colbert. and it was a night class.

Candor
08-02-2014, 03:24 AM
Sex Ed has been in existence in High Schools since 1913.

I didn't know the year was 1913, but I know sex education has been around for quite some time.

However, I think it is safe to say that sex education today is a tad different than sex education in 1913.

Gelston
08-02-2014, 03:38 AM
I didn't know the year was 1913, but I know sex education has been around for quite some time.

However, I think it is safe to say that sex education today is a tad different than sex education in 1913.

It was introduced to the first major city High Schools in 1913. It has changed though, they don't show you pictures of what diseases do anymore, however they do tell you what the can do and they preach abstinence a bit more heavily (Though not as much as when Sexual Education was a more "religious" ideal). They do, however, still explain the process of making babies, as I am pretty certain they have always done. I believe it is also an opt-out for most places (The parents can say no and you don't go).

When I went to Sex Ed, it replaced our PE courses for the week or two that we did it, so it didn't actually replace any classes where you really learn anything, and, as far as I know, that is still the way they do it in my School District.

Thond did sort of hit on a problem when he said that this is stuff parents used to teach though... Except that parents (of most successful school children) used to teach/reinforce everything they learned in school. From math to reading. We also used to live in a society that only had one working parent and one that stayed at home. That has steadily changed to what it is now since WW2.

So no, it isn't the fault of cultural studies(Which have existed since at least ancient Greece) or sexual education.