PDA

View Full Version : Climate Expert Says Human Contribution to Global Warming "Insignificant"

ClydeR
03-26-2014, 09:15 PM
S. V. Avakyan who, writing for the Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences, concluded that “contribution of the greenhouse effect of carbon-containing gases to global warming turns out to be insignificant.”

More... (http://www.salon.com/2014/01/09/9135_out_of_9136_scientists_believe_climate_change _is_happening/)

This is a perfect example of how liberals cherry pick scientific studies to imply that scientists unanimously agree on global warming. It's obviously not unanimous.

Candor
03-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Wasn't the debate over years ago? Isn't that what the guy who created the Internet said?

waywardgs
03-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Wasn't the debate over years ago? Isn't that what the guy who created the Internet said?

You, too.

For years I thought global warming...oops sorry we say "climate change" now don't we...was not backed up by scientific evidence. The mountain of evidence available has convinced me otherwise. What I would like to see now is a reasonable approach to solving the problem. Extremists on both sides of the issue are not welcome.

And good luck, given the economic impact any significant policy change will have on many countries in the world.

Candor
03-27-2014, 05:01 PM
You, too.

I wasn't really making a global warming argument. It was really a stab at Al Gore, who I dislike for other reasons.

Johnny Five
03-27-2014, 05:09 PM
Climate change thread #102131.
Please delete for lack of content.