PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Tax

Catts
02-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Virgin Mother of God rejoice! Rejoice all saints and believers! The All Christian American President Barak Hussein Obama just appointed Jesus Christ as his financial adviser. He suggested the introduction of a new tax, based on Jesus teaching:
"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." ( Luke 12:48)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/jesus-tax-rich-obama-article-1.1016370#ixzz2HjtExgCA

Never mind that words of our Lord actually refer to the beating, that is- physical punishment.In Obama's exegesis which he apparently learned in the Indonesian Muslim school, Jesus gives to him a legitimization to drain the rich dry.
Usually in American politics religion is a realm of the Republican right. Not anymore. Now Republicans and Democrats compete who first will turn USA to theocracy.
And so said Barak Obama, saying:
"I know that far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years, And I believe in God's command to love thy neighbor as thyself. I know a version of that golden rule is found in every major religion and every set of beliefs."

Welcome to the all Christian America in which a separation between Church and State ceased to exist. Hallelujah!

TheEschaton
02-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Do y'all even read the quoted sections of the Bible for context around the thing you blatantly take out of context?

42 The Lord answered, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time? 43 It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns. 44 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 45 But suppose the servant says to himself, ‘My master is taking a long time in coming,’ and he then begins to beat the other servants, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk. 46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

The lesson of the parable is identical to the one Obama espoused. In this case, the beating for having a lot (of info of the master's intent, in the parable) is beaten more severely than the person who sins mistakenly.

I mean, really. The NY Daily News has about the credibility as the toilet paper I wipe my ass with. Never mind the myriad of other support the Bible offers for redistribution of wealth, including the teachings of Jesus and his disciples in Acts.

RichardCranium
02-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Deaconed.

Archigeek
02-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Thank you Brother E.

Aluvius
02-21-2013, 11:26 PM
The short answer is always no, no they do not actually read shit for the context. Context is about #193 on the list of concerns right after #191 Multi Colored Fonts and #192 Send to All Contacts.

The Friends of Hamas stuff is fucking hilarious. Context can not generate those levels of dumbshittery (above 9000).

Latrinsorm
02-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Why are we talking about what the President said over a year ago?

Paradii
02-22-2013, 12:12 AM
The short answer is always no, no they do not actually read shit for the context. Context is about #193 on the list of concerns right after #191 Multi Colored Fonts and #192 Send to All Contacts.The Friends of Hamas stuff is fucking hilarious. Context can not generate those levels of dumbshittery (above 9000).

http://images.wikia.com/sonicfanon/images/4/47/Over9000.jpg

Catts
02-22-2013, 12:25 AM
The lesson of the parable is identical to the one Obama espoused. In this case, the beating for having a lot (of info of the master's intent, in the parable) is beaten more severely than the person who sins mistakenly.

The point is we've entered an era of the church of statism and every payday is a forced collection to subsidize the good works of this contrived theology. While leftism is both secular and political... it is still most definitely a religion. In fact, one could even state with confidence that it is presently the fastest growing religion in the world.

thefarmer
02-22-2013, 12:27 AM
The point is we've entered an era of the church of statism and every payday is a forced collection to subsidize the good works of this contrived theology. While leftism is both secular and political... it is still most definitely a religion. In fact, one could even state with confidence that it is presently the fastest growing religion in the world.

I guess someone got a Word-A-Day desk calender and wanted to try it out