PDA

View Full Version : Chris Christie Tells Doctor to Shut Up

ClydeR
02-07-2013, 12:39 PM
SEA GIRT, N.J. (AP) — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is lashing out at a former White House doctor who said she worries about the governor dying in office because he is so heavy.

Former White House physician Connie Mariano made the comment in an interview with CNN. The Scottsdale, Ariz., doctor says she’d like to see Christie run for president in 2016 but that he needs to lose weight. She worries he could have a heart attack or stroke.

The 50-year-old Republican governor said Wednesday that unless Mariano gives him a physical exam and takes his family history, “she should shut up.”

More... (http://www.ryot.org/chris-christie-tells-ex-white-house-doctor-to-shut-up-after-she-criticizes-his-weight)

Christie must realize that he has a Mike Huckabee opportunity here. Huckabee, you will recall, gained national fame and his chance to run for the Republican nomination, because he lost a huge amount of weight while serving as Governor of Arkansas. If Christie can shed massive pounds over the next three years, then his success -- not the fact that he will be healthier, but the fact that he was fat and lost weight -- will endear him to voters. If he really wants to be President, then he has a built in advantage, but he must act soon.

Gelston
02-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Honestly, if he didn't solicit her advice, she shouldn't try to advise him. Although, you don't need to give Christie a physical and look at his medical history to tell he is overweight. Christie is known for being blunt.

Androidpk
02-07-2013, 12:44 PM
It came out during an interview so it's not like she is trying to advise him. Also, if you read the article even Christie himself states that his own doctor has warned him about his health.

bluesmith
02-07-2013, 12:52 PM
haha ClydeR: ...he has a built in advantage... love you, man.

Atlanteax
02-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Former White House physician Connie Mariano

No wonder...

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2013, 01:29 PM
You know the president chooses his own physician, right? She had one of the longest tenures because she started and ended with Clinton.

Paradii
02-07-2013, 01:37 PM
No wonder...

Do you have any less respect for the following:

Former President George H. W. Bush
Former Astronaut Buzz Aldrin
Former heavyweight boxing champion of the world Evander Holyfield

Atlanteax
02-07-2013, 01:40 PM
I figured she was a 'former' because of poor decision-making regarding being outspoken (ie her references to Christie/etc) ... no Administration wants a political liability around them, right?

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2013, 02:04 PM
She's a former because she retired from the Navy in 2001 after 24 years of service, but yeah.

Back
02-07-2013, 02:16 PM
To me this just shows that Christie really does give a Christie. But all of this also raises another thing that we face daily without addressing. Being that overweight is as bad for an individual as smoking cigarettes or any kind of habitual use of anything legal or not and we really do not say anything about obesity publically.

Some Rogue
02-07-2013, 02:42 PM
we really do not say anything about obesity publically.

Do you live under a fucking rock?

Back
02-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Do you live under a fucking rock?

Actually, if I were to make an estimation, my condo building is probably made more out of mineral than vegetative matter. I guess that makes me the smart piggy. But!

To remark on your feigned surprise at my suggestion that obesity is the elephant in the room that we do not talk about I would say you are correct in that it is not completely brushed under the rug in polite circles but definitely not as seriously addressed as meth addiction.

Yeesh.

Tgo01
02-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Obesity, the new meth.

Back
02-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Obesity, the new meth.

I did not google it but off the top of my head I do believe heart disease is the number one killer of Americans.

Tgo01
02-07-2013, 05:44 PM
I did not google it but off the top of my head I do believe heart disease is the number one killer of Americans.

I didn't google it either but I'm pretty sure most obese people are obese because they are lazy and eat too much and simply don't care. To compare that to meth addiction is a bit silly. Also I'm sure obesity gets more of the limelight than meth addiction does. Isn't the first lady making childhood obesity her priority? You can't get too much more attention than that.

Back
02-07-2013, 06:12 PM
I didn't google it either but I'm pretty sure most obese people are obese because they are lazy and eat too much and simply don't care. To compare that to meth addiction is a bit silly.

How? I am pretty sure both parties involved in their own self destruction comprehend what they are doing to themselves and the people that care about them.

Methais
02-07-2013, 06:46 PM
They're just starting their scare tactics early in case he runs in 2016.

"WHY WOULD YOU VOTE FOR A PRESIDENT THAT WILL JUST DIE IN OFFICE! VOTE FOR HILLARY INSTEAD, BECAUSE SOMEONE 70+ YEARS OLD HAS NO CHANCE OF DYING IN OFFICE!!!!!1"

Tgo01
02-07-2013, 06:50 PM
I remember the first time I heard that Obama smoked, it was shortly after he became president and I thought for sure the person saying it was just making shit up because I hadn't heard it at all from the news during the election but I heard just about every day how old McCain was.

Tgo01
02-07-2013, 06:51 PM
You really missed the point of Thank You For Smoking.

Probably. But in my defense I found that movie incredibly boring.