PDA

View Full Version : Let Teddy Win

ClydeR
09-19-2012, 01:50 PM
The “Let Teddy Win” movement got a little boost Tuesday night from Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

The former presidential candidate voiced his outrage that the Washington Nationals mascot representing 26th president Theodore Roosevelt has never once pulled out a win during the crowd-pleasing, fourth-inning presidents race that takes place at every Nationals home game.

McCain even went as far as saying Teddy’s losing streak deserves a Congressional hearing to investigate the root cause of his poor winning record.

More... (http://hoh.rollcall.com/mccain-threatens-congressional-action-if-nats-dont-let-teddy-win/)

For those of you who don't know, the Washington Nationals baseball team has a race of people dressed up like the four Mount Rushmore presidents at every one of their home games. According to letteddywin.com (http://blog.letteddywin.com/), Teddy has lost 516 straight races. That has to be more than a coincidence.

“Theodore Roosevelt is one of the great presidents in history,” McCain said in a seven-minute segment on ESPN’s “E:60.” McCain has long said Roosevelt is his political hero, and he told ESPN that it’s been “traumatic … as I watch my hero, my childhood idol, being treated in such a cavalier fashion.”

McCain added, “I’ve been paying a lot of attention to the fact that one of the truly great presidents in history has never won a race. I’m outraged. That’s why I’m calling for Congressional hearings to right this horrible wrong.”

McCain is right to call for Congressional hearings.

Gelston
09-19-2012, 02:11 PM
What an amazing use of taxpayer dollars.

Allereli
09-19-2012, 02:18 PM
lol at anyone who takes this seriously. Watch the 7 minute Vimeo clip, it's hilarious. https://vimeo.com/49737118

Parkbandit
09-19-2012, 02:23 PM
What an amazing use of taxpayer dollars.

What taxpayer dollars?

Gelston
09-19-2012, 02:32 PM
A congressional hearing doesn't cost taxpayer dollars?

Allereli
09-19-2012, 02:35 PM
A congressional hearing doesn't cost taxpayer dollars?

are you really taking it seriously?

Gelston
09-19-2012, 02:36 PM
I didn't know it was a joke? I don't put it past congress to be this retarded.

Allereli
09-19-2012, 02:39 PM
I didn't know it was a joke? I don't put it past congress to be this retarded.

you do realize what the Presidents race is, right?

http://orangehuskyproductions.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/0415_mascots-racing-presidents_485x340.jpg

Androidpk
09-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Oh poor Gelston.

Gelston
09-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Yes, I realize what it is. I was referring to the McCain comment about a Congressional Hearing and it being under politics. I'm drinking right now though.

Kastrel
09-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Maybe its McCain's extremely straight-faced way of being involved in the joke. Honestly, I'm impressed at how serious he was. While holding a stuffed TR plushie and talking about having a congressional hearing over a baseball mascot race.

Allereli
09-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Maybe its McCain's extremely straight-faced way of being involved in the joke. Honestly, I'm impressed at how serious he was. While holding a stuffed TR plushie and talking about having a congressional hearing over a baseball mascot race.

Bob Dole did some hilarious bits for the Daily Show in his post-presidential run life. Maybe McCain is heading in the same direction.

Tgo01
09-19-2012, 04:40 PM
I would guess Teddy would have the easiest time winning, his giant head looks like the most aerodynamic of the bunch. I'm surprised Washington doesn't fall down every race from being to top heavy, I mean look at that head! I can see why a congressional hearing is needed, obviously something isn't right here.

TheEschaton
09-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Bob Dole did some hilarious bits for the Daily Show in his post-presidential run life. Maybe McCain is heading in the same direction.

So....did anyone else catch McCain on the season premiere of Parks and Rec? I think he's seriously thinking his political career is done and he might as well enjoy himself now.