PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Ya

crb
09-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I was just complaining the other day when I read Romney's hypocritical stance on weed. Being Mormon I knew he would be against drug use, but technically if you're for a smaller federal government, state's rights, and the 10th amendment, you should sorta leave the issue to the states. Obama famously said he would instruct his DEA to ignore people in compliance with state law, but his gestapo has in fact vastly increased raids on medical marijuana places in California, more than Bush did. If you follow the marijuana advocacy news its been a pretty big deal how two faced he was on the issue.

Then enter Paul Ryan stage left:

http://news.yahoo.com/ryan-dont-interfere-legalized-medical-pot-025634169--election.html

He says exactly the thing a principled person should say. Sometimes free speech means people will say something you don't like, and sometimes state's rights will result in a state choosing a policy you'd rather they not have. But if you believe in free speech you have to let them say it, and if you believe in state's rights you have to respect their right not to follow your own position.

Hopefully he can fix Romney on the issue, it could help in Colorado for sure. I would fucking love to see this asked in the debate. Ask Obama how he can justify going back on his word. Then ask Romney how he can be for state rights if he is against this state right, and oh by the way your VP said we should respect state rights. Put him on the spot.

jpatter123
09-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Ron Paul should have been president. I still don't get it.

Androidpk
09-08-2012, 10:15 PM
So far amendment 6 is leading in the polls.

As far as Obama he has tried to explain his rational by saying he can ask the DEA and DOJ to not interfere with states rights dealing with marijuana but he can't force them to since it's still a federal law and he can't do anything about that. Weak excuse is weak.

Kuyuk
09-08-2012, 11:37 PM
I think people think the president has a lot more power than he really does...

crb
09-09-2012, 04:51 PM
So far amendment 6 is leading in the polls.

As far as Obama he has tried to explain his rational by saying he can ask the DEA and DOJ to not interfere with states rights dealing with marijuana but he can't force them to since it's still a federal law and he can't do anything about that. Weak excuse is weak.

Apparently Obama's left hand does not remember what Obama's right hand did on immigration with executive order. Weak excuse Obummer.

Parkbandit
09-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Apparently Obama's left hand does not remember what Obama's right hand did on immigration with executive order. Weak excuse Obummer.

He actually used that same excuse with immigration.. until he realized he needed some votes. Maybe he doesn't believe the pot smoker is a big enough voting block to worry about?

Gompers
09-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Maybe he doesn't believe the pot smoker is a big enough voting block to worry about?

Pot smokers vote! They actually make up for quite a large chunk of the pie. Blueberry pie - with that sugar dusted crust, thats kinda burnt around the edges and is so moist...god it's so good. If I close my eyes I can taste it...wait a second. What were we just talking about?

Androidpk
09-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Over half of the country now favors the legalization of marijuana.

Skeeter
09-09-2012, 11:25 PM
65% of all statistics are made up.