PDA

View Full Version : Game Changer for VP?

ClydeR
07-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Romney's catastrophic world tour may cause him to seek a game changer for his VP candidate, and it may accelerate the VP timetable. According to journalist Jonathan Karl's inside sources, Romney is leaning toward Paul Ryan because, as I commented in another thread (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?73541-Romney-to-Announce-VP-Early&p=1434335), Romney has better chemistry with Ryan than with those other people.

DOWD: Well, down to the wire now for Mitt Romney's selection or needed selection of a vice presidential running mate. Where do we stand? Have we learned anything new?

KARL: Well, it's hard to say exactly where we are, but here's my top tier, and I think this is likely where you're going to see the pick from, coming from. You have Rob Portman of Ohio, of course, Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota, but take a look at my third person on that list, Paul Ryan. I believe that most people looking at this have been underestimating the chance that Paul Ryan could be the pick. You know, the Ryan budget will be attacked immediately by Democrats, of course, but the attitude up in Boston -- and I am told within Romney's inner circle -- is they believe that they're going to get attacked for that anyway and that Paul Ryan is the person who could best fight against those attacks. Romney really likes Ryan. I think there's a good chance he's the pick.

DOWD: They've kept their cards exceeding close to the vest, with a few leaks or no leaks at all. What do we think the timing is going to be? There was some sense it was going to be before the Olympics. Obviously, now we've moved forward. Where are the timing?

KARL: Well, I can tell you this, Matthew, that some of people on the list, some of the people under consideration have been told to be ready as soon as Romney comes back from this international trip. It doesn't mean that the pick would come immediately when he comes back, but they are in standby mode. I think this is going to come considerably before the convention.

DOWD: So we'll see this before the convention. Do you they've already sort of got staff in place, so that whenever that pick's made, it's going to be -- they're going to hit the ground running?

KARL: They have -- they -- they certainly have staff in place, and they are ready to go. And I can tell you that those that think that they have a chance of being, you know, picked are ready to go, as well. And, you know, look, we could have somewhat of a surprise. You know, Marco Rubio is still out there. Kelly Ayotte is still out there. But whoever it is, they are ready.

More... (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-transcript-robert-gibbs-kevin-madden/story?id=16865479&page=6)

Warriorbird
07-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Selecting Paul Ryan is about as dumb as a Democratic Senate gun control bill.

Wrathbringer
07-29-2012, 05:09 PM
No such thing as a "game changer" VP for Romney. Reagan could come back from the dead to run as his VP and he'll still be Mitt Romney.

Back
07-29-2012, 05:18 PM
No such thing as a "game changer" VP for Romney. Reagan could come back from the dead to run as his VP and he'll still be Mitt Romney.

Heh. I still think his best choice would be a piece of dry wall.

Jarvan
07-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Nah, I think he should ask Hillary Clinton to be his VP.

Androidpk
07-29-2012, 06:11 PM
No, he should go with Stephen Hawking, how awesomely awesome would that be?

WRoss
07-29-2012, 07:35 PM
No, he should go with Stephen Hawking, how awesomely awesome would that be?

Except he's English. He should nominate a corporation, since they are people and all.

Jarvan
07-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Except he's English. He should nominate a corporation, since they are people and all.

I am sure if Hawking asks Obama nicely, he will tell him where he can get a Birth Certificate at.

Liagala
07-29-2012, 07:45 PM
/thread

Wrathbringer
07-29-2012, 08:48 PM

After all, who wouldn't want a Romney/Bank of America 2012 bumper sticker?

4a6c1
07-29-2012, 08:54 PM
See I wouldn't vote for that guy but if he had the balls to try and run the free world on a Bank of America ticket I would apply to be his executive security detail. Don't judge me.

Jarvan
07-30-2012, 04:15 AM
After all, who wouldn't want a Romney/Bank of America 2012 bumper sticker?

Screw that...

Romney/Chic-Fil-A Now THATS a winning ticket!

WRoss
08-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Screw that...

Romney/Chic-Fil-A Now THATS a winning ticket!

Fuck, I'd vote for that.

Archigeek
08-01-2012, 03:51 PM
It's going to be Rob Portman if he has half a brain. He wants Ohio badly, thus he'll put Portman on the ticket. No way it will be Pawlenty, since he can't even guarantee his own state. The decision will come down to electoral votes and Portman will be the pick. That's my prediction.

WRoss
08-01-2012, 04:04 PM
I thought Ohio was a lost cause? I'd be focusing on Florida if I was Romney.

Warriorbird
08-01-2012, 04:53 PM
He'll pick Portman. I still think it should be Rice.

Parkbandit
08-07-2012, 05:43 PM
General David Petraeus is being suggested for the VP slot.

Fallen
08-07-2012, 09:11 PM
I kind of like the idea. Comforting to know that of anything happens to the President, a military man would take the helm. It isn't like they have any tangible powers besides being next in line, anyway.

Androidpk
08-07-2012, 09:30 PM
I like that idea as well. Won't happen though, you can't have a VP that has more charisma than you do.

Fallen
08-07-2012, 10:02 PM
I like that idea as well. Won't happen though, you can't have a VP that has more charisma than you do.

Ah. Perhaps a tall glass of milk, then.

Androidpk
08-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Ah. Perhaps a tall glass of milk, then.

1% obviously.

Fallen
08-07-2012, 10:23 PM
I lolled.

Gompers
08-07-2012, 10:26 PM
General David Petraeus is being suggested for the VP slot.

David Petraeus: "I am not planning on being vice president"

http://www.capitolcolumn.com/news/david-petraeus-i-am-not-planning-on-being-vice-president/

diethx
08-08-2012, 12:45 AM
I lolled.

^^^^

Parkbandit
08-08-2012, 07:26 AM
David Petraeus: "I am not planning on being vice president"

http://www.capitolcolumn.com/news/david-petraeus-i-am-not-planning-on-being-vice-president/

Meh.. don't they all say that even after submit to the rectal exam known as vetting?

ClydeR
08-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Rob Portman owns a haunted hotel!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/one-night-rob-portman-haunted-hotel-091122664.html

You needed to know.