PDA

View Full Version : Women Excluded from Romney VP Search

ClydeR
06-20-2012, 11:33 AM
First of all, Palin would be an excellent VP choice. And second of all, even if he doesn't like Palin, that's no reason to exclude all women.

In particular, few women except for New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte – a freshman lawmaker from New England with only scant federal experience – are thought to be under consideration by Romney.

"I think, unfortunately, Palin poisoned the well on that," said one informal Romney adviser, fretting that any woman selected as VP would draw inevitable comparisons to the former Alaska governor. "I would guess if I were inside the Romney mind that they're worried that any woman chosen will be subjected to a higher level of scrutiny. "

But beyond Rubio, there are virtually no candidates for the vice presidential slot who would represent any diversity on the Republican ticket, a dicey proposition given Romney’s political deficits with women and Latino voters, as well as his opponent this fall: the nation’s first black president.

More... (http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/19/12302526-romneys-search-for-a-vp-appears-to-narrow)

Back
06-20-2012, 11:45 AM
I predict a caucasian male. You heard it here first!

Atlanteax
06-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Romney cannot pick a female VP, or women in general will believe that the GOP is validating the hypothesis that women should have full legal control over what happens with their bodies.