PDA

View Full Version : Obama appoints assassination czar

Androidpk
05-24-2012, 05:51 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-appoints-first-ever-assassination-czar

No comment..

Back
05-24-2012, 05:53 PM
I'd read the article if it weren't for all the fricking pop-up ads. Jesus.

Androidpk
05-24-2012, 06:07 PM
I'd read the article if it weren't for all the fricking pop-up ads. Jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AFs0lV42U7s#!

4a6c1
05-24-2012, 10:11 PM
What's the problem? Would you rather we go to war with the entire armed forces for every just cause? Targeted covert operations save lives and money.

Tgo01
05-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Torturing suspected terrorists without a trial is bad and Bush should be behind bars for war crimes. Killing suspected terrorists without a trial is good and Obama should get another 4 years in the White House.

Atlanteax
05-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Sweet, now we can take out 'bad' Americans on U.S. soil!

Jarvan
05-24-2012, 11:38 PM
What's the problem? Would you rather we go to war with the entire armed forces for every just cause? Targeted covert operations save lives and money.

yeah.. cause.. you know. Sending Drones into non US airspace to kill it's citizens is the perfect way to avoid conflict.

Better yet, Sending Drones into downtown LA to kill someone that may be a terrorist...

4a6c1
05-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Sorry guys my bad. I thought we were still on the birth certificate. I can't keep up with the conspiracies all the way over here in the real world.

OBAMA WANTS TO KILL WHITEY WITH SEAL TEAMS OH NO

(idunno)

Delias
05-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Sorry guys my bad. I thought we were still on the birth certificate. I can't keep up with the conspiracies all the way over here in the real world.

OBAMA WANTS TO KILL WHITEY WITH SEAL TEAMS OH NO

(idunno)

I'm cool with that. Fuck whitey.

Androidpk
05-25-2012, 12:26 AM

1. If you are serious then.. my issue is that we are waging a war in a country undeclared. Pakistan has repeatedly asked us to STOP drone attacks and yet we continue. Not to mention that this is incredibly short sighted as the amount of foreign policy blowback this could create is huge. How would you feel if Mexico, in stepping up their war on drugs, decided to use armed drones over and beyond the border and proceeded to accidentally kill US civilians?

http://i49.tinypic.com/2v00782.jpg. If you aren't serious.. tacos tacos tacos

4a6c1
05-25-2012, 12:44 AM
1. If you are serious then.. my issue is that we are waging a war in a country undeclared. Pakistan has repeatedly asked us to STOP drone attacks and yet we continue. Not to mention that this is incredibly short sighted as the amount of foreign policy blowback this could create is huge. How would you feel if Mexico, in stepping up their war on drugs, decided to use armed drones over and beyond the border and proceeded to accidentally kill US civilians?

2. Potatoe.

1. I think you're cherry picking on when and how you want our agencies to do what they see fit to further American interests. It's all politics! Have you always been this up in arms about the secret things that happen secretly when our secret government agencies are keeping secrets? No you haven't. It's an election year and everyone is fucking OFFENDEND ABOUT SOMETHING OMG. Please see my sig so that we may commiserate offendedly.

Androidpk
05-25-2012, 01:15 AM
2. Potatoe.

1. I think you're cherry picking on when and how you want our agencies to do what they see fit to further American interests. It's all politics! Have you always been this up in arms about the secret things that happen secretly when our secret government agencies are keeping secrets? No you haven't. It's an election year and everyone is fucking OFFENDEND ABOUT SOMETHING OMG. Please see my sig so that we may commiserate offendedly.

Of course I'm going to ramp up my efforts in an election year. BO needs to go and Mitt Romney is not the right choice to replace him. I would look at your sig but I have sigs disabled.

diethx
05-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Why the fuck would you have sigs disabled?

Asshole.

Androidpk
05-25-2012, 02:45 AM
Disabled them awhile ago, someone had an obnoxious GIF image in their sig and it was annoying.

Makkah
05-25-2012, 02:46 AM
Why the fuck would you have sigs disabled?

Asshole.

And he has a sig... what a self-serving piece of shit.

Jarvan
05-25-2012, 02:57 AM
2. Potatoe.

If any US President appointed a head of the Assassination Department.. I think I would pretty much be against it.

Sure.. Secret GA's have always done these sorts of things. The difference is.. it was SECRET!!! Someone died of "Natural Causes" or had a heart attack/car accident -Poor Diana-

They didn't send a fucking drone to blow you away. Not exactly a secret that way is it?

You pretty much know someone in the US, and now we also know who, decided you had to die.

Mitt is a Tool, BO is an asshole.. and both Parties should be shot. yay election years.

diethx
05-25-2012, 03:32 AM
And he has a sig... what a self-serving piece of shit.

^^^

Parkbandit
05-25-2012, 06:26 AM
Torturing suspected terrorists without a trial is bad and Bush should be behind bars for war crimes. Killing suspected terrorists without a trial is good and Obama should get another 4 years in the White House.

^^ This.

Latrinsorm
05-25-2012, 11:25 AM

Wait... illegal robot immigrants??? That's crossing the line.

Androidpk
05-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Another 4 years and another nobel peace prize right??

Kembal
05-25-2012, 12:56 PM
1. If you are serious then.. my issue is that we are waging a war in a country undeclared. Pakistan has repeatedly asked us to STOP drone attacks and yet we continue. Not to mention that this is incredibly short sighted as the amount of foreign policy blowback this could create is huge.

The Pakistani people are against the drone program. The Pakistani government, not so much. After all, they get $2 billion in aid due to it.

Also, if you understand this all as the Pakistani military/intelligence community's obsession with having more strategic influence than India in Afghanistan, you'll understand there's no such thing as blowback in this scenario. Pakistani intelligence, specifically, has already covertly declared war against the US, because they believe the US presence in Afghanistan gives India room to operate. The drones are the US government's way of fighting back.

Androidpk
05-25-2012, 01:17 PM
The Pakistani people are against the drone program. The Pakistani government, not so much. After all, they get $2 billion in aid due to it.

Also, if you understand this all as the Pakistani military/intelligence community's obsession with having more strategic influence than India in Afghanistan, you'll understand there's no such thing as blowback in this scenario. Pakistani intelligence, specifically, has already covertly declared war against the US, because they believe the US presence in Afghanistan gives India room to operate. The drones are the US government's way of fighting back.

You're delusional if you think there isn't going to be any blowback. You don't think there is a chance that family members of those killed could be radicalized?

Wrathbringer
05-25-2012, 03:19 PM
I initially thought this thread was about Obama appointing an assassination czar to protect him from assassination and thought, "Prudent move."

Androidpk
05-25-2012, 03:30 PM
I initially thought this thread was about Obama appointing an assassination czar to protect him from assassination and thought, "Prudent move."

Doubt he's worried about that, you can't shoot the shooter! And yes, obscure reference is probably obscure.

TheEschaton
05-25-2012, 04:01 PM
I think he's talking blowback on a political, global level.

Also, just to be clear, I am wholly against the U.S. killing people by drones, whether they're U.S. citizens or not. ;) Of course, I'm against killing people with other people too, so there's that.

Also, just to reiterate: I was against our actions in Libya. Remember, Back is retarded and isn't representative of the left's view on things, so picking on his views is equally retarded and like grabbing low hanging fruit.

Atlanteax
05-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Remember, Back is retarded and isn't representative of the left's view on things, so picking on his views is equally retarded and like grabbing low hanging fruit.

You sure that he is not?

TheEschaton
05-25-2012, 07:56 PM
I am 100% positive. Do you want me to start holding Wrathbringer accountable as the standard bearer for the Right?

Back
05-25-2012, 08:12 PM
You sure that he is not?

I would no sooner claim I was than claim you are the standard bearer of the conservatives. I've been over that whole thing long ago. We are all really shades of grey and overlap in more areas than we'd care to admit.

For example one thing we share in common is we are all just idiots who just like arguing on the internet.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-25-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm cool with that. Fuck crackers.

Fixed

Androidpk
05-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Terrorist bakery destroyed (http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2012/05/26/world/asia/ap-as-pakistan.html?_r=1&hp)

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) — An American drone fired two missiles at a bakery in northwest Pakistan Saturday and killed four suspected militants, officials said, as the U.S. pushed on with its drone campaign despite Pakistani demands to stop. This was the third such strike in the country in less than a week.

Drone strikes have become an increasingly contentious issue between Washington and Pakistan. Pakistan's parliament has demanded the U.S. end all attacks on its territory.

Wrathbringer
05-26-2012, 04:39 PM
I am 100% positive. Do you want me to start holding Wrathbringer accountable as the standard bearer for the Right?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lcephxnHX0o/S7buQ7-FIkI/AAAAAAAAALU/4P77d6qxt60/s1600/dont_tread_on_me.jpg

4a6c1
05-26-2012, 08:38 PM
I asked Syed why they have terrorist bakeries in Pakistan. Then he begged me to stop bombing his mother. Then I was like MWAHAHAHA QUIT BEING A BROWN TERRORIST. Then Syed was like Americans are STOOPID that's why they have to go to Karachi to get good electrical engineers. He's not wrong.

Androidpk
05-26-2012, 08:53 PM
I asked Syed why they have terrorist bakeries in Pakistan. Then he begged me to stop bombing his mother. Then I was like MWAHAHAHA QUIT BEING A BROWN TERRORIST. Then Syed was like Americans are STOOPID that's why they have to go to Karachi to get good electrical engineers. He's not wrong.

Is this Syed a composite terrorist?

4a6c1
05-26-2012, 09:05 PM
1) No he's a cinder cone terrorist.

2) No he's a prime terrorist.

3) Your mom.

Androidpk
05-26-2012, 09:16 PM
1) No he's a cinder cone terrorist.

2) No he's a prime terrorist.

3) Your mom.

I thought I was being all smart and funny and then BAM

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/owned/grand/65209018_owned_gif_.gif

You come out of nowhere with that response and knock the shit out of me. You don't play very nice Lady Rojo.

4a6c1
05-26-2012, 11:20 PM
4 srs

Latrinsorm
05-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Man, it's a good thing he was aiming for that guy's ankles, or that could have been really ugly.

Androidpk
05-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Man, it's a good thing he was aiming for that guy's ankles, or that could have been really ugly.

:lol:

Back
05-27-2012, 09:32 PM
As a perceived leftist I always was for Afghanistan and very against Iraq. Now that Osama is dead we can quit Afghanistan and bring our people home finally. In fact I'm not sure why we haven't yet.