PDA

View Full Version : Romney Shifts on Adoption for Falwell U. Speech

ClydeR
05-12-2012, 10:25 AM
The graduation at Liberty University is starting right now!

In anticipation of his speech and to calm down some of the Christian students threatening to boycott the graduation, Romney flip flopped yesterday on his earlier support for homosexual adoption.

(CBS News) Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Friday backed away from his support of adoptions by same-sex couples, saying that he simply "acknowledges" the legality of such adoptions in many states.

A day earlier, Romney, in an interview with Fox News' Neil Cavuto, had indicated that while he does not support same-sex marriage, he considers the adoption of children by same-sex couples a "right."

More... (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57433104-503544/romney-backs-away-from-same-sex-adoptions/)

Gelston
05-12-2012, 10:37 AM
No, he evolved. Get with the times man.

ClydeR
05-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Chic-Fil-A was prominently featured both before and during Romney's speech.

They gave Romney a doctorate degree. You can't get much better than a Ph.D. from Liberty University. From now own, he will expect us to call him Doctor Romney.

Romney listed many prominent historical Christian leaders who are role models. He did not list any Mormons.

The biggest applause line was when Romney said, "Marriage is a relationship between one man and one woman!" Two generations ago, Romney's family were leaders of the Mormon church's polygamist arm. They fled to Mexico to escape criminal prosecution in the United States. Romney's great great grandfather was shot and killed by the first husband of his twelfth wife, which is pretty messed up if you think about it. Mitt Romney would never have been born but for the Mormon practice of polygamy.

Every single joke fell flat.

I could not identify a coherent theme, if there was one. Perhaps it would be apparent from reading his remarks.

Tgo01
05-12-2012, 11:40 AM
From now own, he will expect us to call him Doctor Romney.

You failed to refer to him as Doctor Romney at least six times in your post. Why you disrespecting our future president?

Androidpk
05-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Presumptive POTUS :lol:

4a6c1
05-12-2012, 08:23 PM
The biggest applause line was when Romney said, "Marriage is a relationship between one man and one woman!" Two generations ago, Romney's family were leaders of the Mormon church's polygamist arm. They fled to Mexico to escape criminal prosecution in the United States. Romney's great great grandfather was shot and killed by the first husband of his twelfth wife, which is pretty messed up if you think about it. Mitt Romney would never have been born but for the Mormon practice of polygamy.

I would not be born were it not for potatoe famine. I totally love potatoes. And I always count to potatoe.

Your example is interesting in an ironic sense but not really relevant. As much as I think Romney is a tool, implying that his (fake ass) moral compass should ever be indicative of/subjective to his genetics is preposterous.

Androidpk
05-12-2012, 08:25 PM
I would not be born were it not for potatoe famine. I totally love potatoes. And I always count to potatoe.

You should mix things up and throw a potato in with all those potatoes.

4a6c1
05-12-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't like to potato. I like to potatoe.

Androidpk
05-12-2012, 08:38 PM
I like to do that sometimes too

http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/archer-potato.gif

ClydeR
05-13-2012, 03:04 PM
The day before Romney's speech at Jerry Falwell's university, Rick Santorum urged Romney to make marriage a central issue of the campaign.

During his speech Romney addressed only one single policy issue, and that issue was same sex marriage. It's starting to look like 2004 all over again.

Washington (CNN) – Rick Santorum is urging Mitt Romney to "step up" and weaponize the issue of same-sex marriage.

"This is a very potent weapon, if you will, for Governor Romney if he's willing to step up and take advantage of a president who is very much out of touch with the values of America," Santorum said in an eye-opening live interview with Arkansas TV station KARK, a CNN affiliate.

More... (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/12/santorum-to-romney-step-up-and-use-potent-weapon-of-same-sex-marriage/)