PDA

View Full Version : The Last Thing on Romney's Résumé

ClydeR
02-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Romney had three things to brag about on his résumé. Each of those three is turning into a liability.

First, Romney claimed to have been a jobs creator as governor of Massachusetts. That turned out to be false. During his time as governor, Massachusetts was 47th out of 50 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/as-massachusetts-governor-romneys-record-on-jobs-was-unremarkable/2012/02/06/gIQABzEfxQ_story.html) states in job creation.

Second, there was Romney's time at Bain where he, once again, claimed to have been a jobs creator. As discussed ad nauseam in this forum, Romney was a job destroyer (http://www.kingofbain.com/) at Bain.

And now, finally, the last item on Romney's résumé is revealed to be a vulnerability. I'm speaking of the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. The Democrats have uncovered old footage of John McCain angrily ranting about Romney's poor fiscal management of the Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY29UIpGhAs

In the video, Romney brags about what a good lobbyist he was at getting money from the federal government.

If Romney is the nominee, you can bet you'll hear more about that boondoggle.

Parkbandit
02-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Romney had three things to brag about on his résumé. Each of those three is turning into a liability.

First, Romney claimed to have been a jobs creator as governor of Massachusetts. That turned out to be false. During his time as governor, Massachusetts was 47th out of 50 (http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/as-massachusetts-governor-romneys-record-on-jobs-was-unremarkable/2012/02/06/gIQABzEfxQ_story.html) states in job creation.

Second, there was Romney's time at Bain where he, once again, claimed to have been a jobs creator. As discussed ad nauseam in this forum, Romney was a job destroyer (http://www.kingofbain.com/) at Bain.

And now, finally, the last item on Romney's résumé is revealed to be a vulnerability. I'm speaking of the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. The Democrats have uncovered old footage of John McCain angrily ranting about Romney's poor fiscal management of the Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY29UIpGhAs

In the video, Romney brags about what a good lobbyist he was at getting money from the federal government.

If Romney is the nominee, you can bet you'll hear more about that boondoggle.

1) Were there +net jobs created during his time as Governor?
2) Could you do the math on the number of jobs lost during his time at Bain? Seriously, just do the math in this format:

Company - Jobs Lost - Jobs Gained - Net Jobs.

3) Did the Olympics go from the red to the black under Romney's leadership?

I think you are letting your anti-mormon agenda cloud your already piss poor judgment, Kranar. You should stick to your stupidity in Dogs against Romney.. at least people can't call you out for being a moron.

ClydeR
02-19-2012, 08:33 PM
...just do the math in this format:

I already gave links to the information. If you want it in a particular format, you'll have to do that yourself.

Parkbandit
02-19-2012, 10:05 PM
I already gave links to the information. If you want it in a particular format, you'll have to do that yourself.

Ok. I'll give you an easy one: Staples has 90,000 employees.

Show us 90,001 jobs that were cut by Romney.

ClydeR
02-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Ok. I'll give you an easy one: Staples has 90,000 employees.

Show us 90,001 jobs that were cut by Romney.

Where to start..

First, Bain owned a minority interest in Staples. At best, Romney is being disingenuous by taking credit for the jobs created at Staples. Romney did not control Staples, unlike many of the companies that Bain ran into the ground by excess leverage and draining assets. Because Romney could not control Staples, he could not destroy it.

Second, most of the jobs at Staples today did not exist when Bain sold its interest in the company. If you want to give Romney credit for jobs created at Staples after he sold it, then you should deduct jobs that were not created at the companies he destroyed and sent overseas.

Third, Romney refuses to release records on the companies Bain bankrupted, making it impossible to calculate the full magnitude of the economic aftermath of Bain's corporate raiding.

Parkbandit
02-20-2012, 11:03 AM
OK, how about Sports Authority?

Then Dominoes.. then Sealy... then Brookstone....

Romney "refusing" to release records shouldn't be that difficult to overcome. He would have had to fire hundreds of thousands of employees to have a negative effect of creating jobs. Shouldn't be too difficult for someone with a burning Mormon hatred like you to uncover.

Stick to "ZOMG HE'S A MORMON AND I ONLY LIKE MUSLIMS" schtick, Kranar... at least no one will call you out when you try and pass along conjecture as "fact".

Kranar
02-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Stick to "ZOMG HE'S A MORMON AND I ONLY LIKE MUSLIMS" schtick, Kranar... at least no one will call you out when you try and pass along conjecture as "fact".

I never quite know what to make of this. It's a very awkward feeling.

Keller
02-20-2012, 12:16 PM
"We shall use my largest scales."

http://zone5.org/wp-content/uploads/witch.jpg

Kranar
02-20-2012, 05:22 PM
I wonder if there's some kind of wager PB and I could make over this ClydeR mystery.

A wager for charity of course.

Parkbandit
02-20-2012, 05:27 PM
I wonder if there's some kind of wager PB and I could make over this ClydeR mystery.

How would you go about proving you are not ClydeR.. as the owner of the website, you could simply put someone else up to the "role" and say "See! It's not me, it's XXX!"

Tgo01
02-20-2012, 05:30 PM

A 10,000 dollar wager?

Back
02-20-2012, 05:30 PM
I never quite know what to make of this. It's a very awkward feeling.

It got old for me very quickly. And I wasn't even posting at the time.

Kranar
02-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Before I do that, shall we put down a wager?

It will be for charity. If I win you donate say 2-3k to a charity of my choosing, and if you win I will do the same for you. We both put up the money to a third party who we both trust will keep it safe until this is resolved.

I mean you're so confident I am ClydeR, what do you have to lose here? It's free money.

Kranar
02-20-2012, 05:32 PM
A 10,000 dollar wager?

I would be down for that amount. I mean honestly I'd be down for any amount since I know what the outcome of this will be, but let's keep things within the realm of possibility.

Parkbandit
02-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Before I do that, shall we put down a wager?

It will be for charity. If I win you donate say 2-3k to a charity of my choosing, and if you win I will do the same for you. We both put up the money to a third party who we both trust will keep it safe until this is resolved.

I mean you're so confident I am ClydeR, what do you have to lose here? It's free money.

Like I said previously, it would be very easy for the administrator of the website to falsify the "proof" needed.

Kranar
02-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Like I said previously, it would be very easy for the administrator of the website to falsify the "proof" needed.

The wager stands and I'd be very interested to do it. Let's make something fun out of this, after all you insist so frequently your assurance that I am ClydeR, what do you have to lose by engaging in this bet?

Sometimes it's best to put your money where your mouth is.

Latrinsorm
02-20-2012, 05:37 PM
This isn't the first time PB and Kranar have disagreed on who someone was on an alt. We clearly need an impartial and objective third party to adjudicate any wager, and I nominate myself. :)

Kranar
02-20-2012, 05:39 PM
We'd have to clarify the rules of course, make something fair and reasonable.

Anticor is an admin with all the access that I have, and honestly if this is going to charity for that amount I'd certainly be flexible enough to have someone else become admin temporarily.

Kranar
02-20-2012, 05:56 PM

What would be satisfactory then? I think a fairly good arrangement could be made given the stakes involved.

We have Anticor who is a current admin as well as CrystalTears and Buckwheet who are previous admins who have enough of an understanding of this software to go over any logs or I.P. addresses to make some kind of conclusion on this matter.

I'd say let's make all three of them involved in it, I can make CrystalTears and Buckwheet admins for say two weeks to go over logs and we can have an agreement where I may not communicate to any of them, but you are free to communicate with them to any degree you desire, to ask them any questions or have them go over any logs you think could implicate me.

Give it some thought, or feel free to make a counter offer of some kind. I'm pretty open on this matter.

Liagala
02-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Kranar, if you're not Clyder, what was up with this post (http://www.forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1372368&postcount=16)?

Kranar
02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
That was the first time I read the new theory that ClydeR was me. To be honest part of me wanted to play along with the idea, but it would be rather irresponsible.

At first I interpreted PB to say that both me and ClydeR were familiar with day trading, and then I figured huh, that doesn't make sense and that's when I found a whole bunch of posts from PB and a few others spreading the theory that I'm ClydeR.

Heck Parkbandit was so confident and persuasive that I was ClydeR he practically had me believing it to be true.

Back
02-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Obviously there is a demonizing of the socio-political/humanitarian view by the very extreme right who embrace the religio-fascist wing on this board.

Tgo01
02-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Obviously there is a demonizing of the socio-political/humanitarian view by the very extreme right who embrace the religio-fascist wing on this board.

Come on now. It's not as if PB was doing anything horrible like claiming Kranar was really Back.

Back
02-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Come on now. It's not as if PB was doing anything horrible like claiming Kranar was really Back.

PB has claimed other people were me when I was banned and not posting so it fits his profile.

Kranar runs this board so it fits his profile.

You are an ambiguous entity who trolls for the republicans.

I suspect you are Gingrich himself!

Tgo01
02-20-2012, 07:52 PM
PB has claimed other people were me when I was banned and not posting so it fits his profile.

Kranar runs this board so it fits his profile.

You are an ambiguous entity who trolls for the republicans.

I suspect you are Gingrich himself!

Just don't call me Santorum and we're cool.

Parkbandit
02-20-2012, 08:06 PM
That was the first time I read the new theory that ClydeR was me. To be honest part of me wanted to play along with the idea, but it would be rather irresponsible.

I agree. An administrator masquerading as another poster would be very irresponsible.

At first I interpreted PB to say that both me and ClydeR were familiar with day trading, and then I figured huh, that doesn't make sense and that's when I found a whole bunch of posts from PB and a few others spreading the theory that I'm ClydeR.

I would like credit for the initial post of ClydeR = Kranar. Others were just riding my coat tails.

Heck Parkbandit was so confident and persuasive that I was ClydeR he practically had me believing it to be true.

Uh huh...

So, how do you propose to prove you are not posting as ClydeR? IP addresses can easily be manipulated. Logs can also be manipulated. It's not that I don't trust you.. oh wait, it's exactly that.

I'm sure you can understand my skepticism... especially when you come here and pull a play out of Romney's betting playbook.

Back
02-20-2012, 08:07 PM

Yeah, you don't strike me as a womanizer.

Parkbandit
02-20-2012, 08:07 PM

WTF is up with his surge lately?? I don't get it.

Parkbandit
02-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah, you don't strike me as a womanizer.

aka Gingrich.. or are you implying that Santorum is a womanizer?

Tgo01
02-20-2012, 08:12 PM
WTF is up with his surge lately?? I don't get it.

I have no idea to be honest. If he gets the Republican nomination I'm almost tempted to vote for Obama.

Back
02-20-2012, 08:15 PM
aka Gingrich.. or are you implying that Santorum is a womanizer?

I meant that TgoO1 has resisted all my charms. ;)

Parkbandit
02-20-2012, 08:16 PM
I have no idea to be honest. If he gets the Republican nomination I'm almost tempted to vote for Obama.

Anyone is better than Obama.... even him.

More important though, is taking control of the Senate and increasing hold in House.

Kranar
02-20-2012, 08:21 PM
So, how do you propose to prove you are not posting as ClydeR? IP addresses can easily be manipulated. Logs can also be manipulated. It's not that I don't trust you.. oh wait, it's exactly that.

I'm pretty positive the real ClydeR would reveal himself. I'm not the greatest judge of character, but I'm pretty sure the real ClydeR would be more than happy to out himself if I told him he could have like 500 bucks for revealing himself, I'd pay the 500 bucks out of pocket and you'd give the full 3k bet to the charity of my choosing, which is likely going to be Doctor's Without Borders. I'm also fairly certain other people on these forums can verify who the real ClydeR is, to be honest I'm surprised it stayed a secret for so long.

I think I've given several options here, if you have a counter proposal you'd like to make that you think would reasonably conclude this matter, then by all means propose one.

Tgo01
02-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Couldn't you just bribe someone with 500 dollars to say they are Clyder then?

If you know who the real Clyder is why don't you just tell us instead of making this whole bet thing? :/

Kranar
02-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Couldn't you just bribe someone with 500 dollars to say they are Clyder then?

Highly unlikely... the fact is if I did something like that and effectively stole 3 grand, that's not petty change we're talking about here. Remember the point of the bet going to charity is that neither of us directly profits off of this, and while it's a stinger to have to pay 3k to charity at least it goes to a worthwhile cause.

If you know who the real Clyder is why don't you just tell us instead of making this whole bet thing? :/

Why would I out who the real ClydeR is? Just because some guy insists on thinking it's me, and I'm an administrator, I should out someone for it?

The benefit of making it a decent sized bet to charity is that something of value is gained in the process. I will admit it's annoying that people think I'm ClydeR, and I find it disrespectful at times especially since PB is someone who I have hardly spoken or discussed anything with and has now decided to obsess over this ClydeR == Kranar thing, but really that's not a good enough reason to out someone's anonymity.

I think we can work out an arrangement where ClydeR reveals himself and gets a piece of the pie, and a donation is made to charity so we can feel like some good came out of this.

Tgo01
02-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Highly unlikely... the fact is if I did something like that and effectively stole 3 grand, that's not petty change we're talking about here.

It's basically stealing money even if you aren't Clyder because you know you're not Clyder.

Just because some guy insists on thinking it's me, and I'm an administrator, I should out someone for it?

No but it's really not much different than bribing the real person behind Clyder to admit who they are.

Kranar
02-20-2012, 08:43 PM
It's basically stealing money even if you aren't Clyder because you know you're not Clyder.

Woah... I'd say anyone can see the difference between taking 3 grand by making up lies and bribing people vs. challenging someone on their own belief and opinion which they insist on entirely of their own choosing.

My position is clear, I am not ClydeR. However, if Parkbandit wishes to insist on this fact, I challenge his opinion and belief by basically saying let's make a bet to charity. There's really no way you can argue that constitutes theft.

Tgo01
02-20-2012, 08:46 PM
I say we make this even more interesting. Since you know who the real Clyder is Kranar find out if they are willing to out themselves for 500 dollars. If they say yes then everyone can vote on who they think Clyder really is. The people who guessed right can then vote on which charity you donate 2500 dollars to.

That way everyone is happy. Clyder is 500 dollars richer, everyone gets to take part in this game, and you're happy because 2500 dollars is being donated to charity.

Alright I'll get the ball rolling. I think Clyder is Latrinsorm.

Okay go.

Parkbandit
02-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Highly unlikely... the fact is if I did something like that and effectively stole 3 grand, that's not petty change we're talking about here. Remember the point of the bet going to charity is that neither of us directly profits off of this, and while it's a stinger to have to pay 3k to charity at least it goes to a worthwhile cause.

I'm not interested in your Romneyesque type bet. Sorry, this isn't a bet I'm going to take.. not that I don't believe you aren't ClydeR, but that you have the ability to create a ClydeR to be someone other than you. Like Tgo01 already stated, you could simply get someone to take $500 to say they were also posting as ClydeR.

The benefit of making it a decent sized bet to charity is that something of value is gained in the process. I will admit it's annoying that people think I'm ClydeR, and I find it disrespectful at times especially since PB is someone who I have hardly spoken or discussed anything with and has now decided to obsess over this ClydeR == Kranar thing, but really that's not a good enough reason to out someone's anonymity.

Probably a big mistake to tell me this. Just saying.

Kranar
02-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Probably a big mistake to tell me this. Just saying.

What's the mistake?

Parkbandit
02-20-2012, 08:50 PM
What's the mistake?

That you are annoyed that I believe you are also posting as ClydeR.

BriarFox
02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
PB, stop being a douche and stand up to your beliefs. If you don't want to bet 3k, then suggest something else. Implying you're just going to troll Kranar now that he's called you out just makes you look like even more of a jackass.

~Rocktar~
02-20-2012, 10:34 PM
I will say I am ClydeR for $500. I could apply it toward my student loan.

HEHEHE

Latrinsorm
02-20-2012, 11:12 PM
WTF is up with his surge lately?? I don't get it.Santorum is:
1. Not Romney
2. Still in race
3. Hasn't been frontrunner yet
4. Not Paul

That's all there is to it.
It's basically stealing money even if you aren't Clyder because you know you're not Clyder.Isn't it more like having a royal flush in poker? He knows he has the winning hand, but if people are so sure that he's bluffing they're free to call. If, like PB, they're not really sure he's bluffing, they can fold.

Tgo01
02-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Isn't it more like having a royal flush in poker? He knows he has the winning hand

It's entirely possible, yet very unlikely, that someone else has a royal flush as well. So no, not quite the same.

WRoss
02-20-2012, 11:33 PM
I've been telling PB that ClydeR is Tabor for quite some time now. Go back to posting cock ponds.

Warriorbird
02-20-2012, 11:39 PM
I've been telling PB that ClydeR is Tabor for quite some time now. Go back to posting cock ponds.

I like him better as ClydeR.

Archigeek
02-20-2012, 11:49 PM
I know, I know, PB is ClydeR!

Tgo01
02-20-2012, 11:54 PM
So far the votes look like this:

Clyder =

Latrinsorm: 1
Kranar: 1
Tabor: 1
Parkbandit: 1

WRoss
02-20-2012, 11:56 PM
So far the votes look like this:

Clyder =

There are quite a few people who think he is Neff. Or Neph? I can't remember.

Warriorbird
02-20-2012, 11:59 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/member.php?u=43

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 07:50 AM
PB, stop being a douche and stand up to your beliefs. If you don't want to bet 3k, then suggest something else. Implying you're just going to troll Kranar now that he's called you out just makes you look like even more of a jackass.

Thanks for your valuable input as always.

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 07:52 AM
That's all there is to it.Isn't it more like having a royal flush in poker? He knows he has the winning hand, but if people are so sure that he's bluffing they're free to call. If, like PB, they're not really sure he's bluffing, they can fold.

Or, he could be bluffing his shitty hand, knowing he has the card he needs to fill his royal flush in his sleeve.

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 07:54 AM

No way.. he would have been caught by now.

There are quite a few people who think he is Neff. Or Neph? I can't remember.

Ditto.

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 07:55 AM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/member.php?u=43

He certainly fits my profile, but I eliminated him a couple years ago.. not sure what happened.

BriarFox
02-21-2012, 08:12 AM
He certainly fits my profile, but I eliminated him a couple years ago.. not sure what happened.

Heh. You are such a self-important, feckless snert.

ClydeTaborWilson-wiki-it
02-21-2012, 10:24 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clyde_Tabor_Wilson

Paradii
02-21-2012, 10:28 AM
I am Spartacus

ClydeTaborWilson-wiki-it
02-21-2012, 10:28 AM
>
Lochraven says, "Did you have to kill him"
>
Contesserina winces.
>
Contesserina sighs.
>'Not really, but I don't tolerate such acts of shrewdness.
You say, "Not really, but I don't tolerate such acts of shrewdness."
>

TABOR IS THE BATMAN!!!

Sorry to kill your gig, Clyde, but Kranar has dropped the gavel on you.

ClydeR
02-21-2012, 11:18 AM
I've stated several times that I am not Kranar. I don't even know him. I can't ever remember communicating with him in any way, except in one or two public posts several years ago in this forum when I asked him a question about some technical term he used, and he responded to explain it.

Why would anybody even care? It should be enough that you all understand that I am the most informed person here at politics. And -- let's be honest -- I'm the only one here who ever speaks up for the socially conservative point of view. If it were up to all of you, conservatives would have no voice in national politics.

Also, I do not approve of gambling, and I can take no part in it.

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Heh. You are such a self-important, feckless snert.

:rofl:

Tell us about your testing scores and educational certifications again.. because I can't get enough of you being a hypocrite.

Oh, and could you use your own picture as an avatar again? That was awesome.

Really.

BriarFox
02-21-2012, 11:50 AM
:rofl:

Tell us about your testing scores and educational certifications again.. because I can't get enough of you being a hypocrite.

Oh, and could you use your own picture as an avatar again? That was awesome.

Really.

As usual, you're just inventing your own version of reality. I did use a photo of myself as an avatar for a few, though; you're right about that at least. I found it honest.

You're just an incredibly bitter old man who acts like a teenager as he stews in his own vitriol.

Jonty
02-21-2012, 12:12 PM
While we're off-topic, Kranar, can we have Tapatalk, please? :thanx:

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 12:18 PM
As usual, you're just inventing your own version of reality. I did use a photo of myself as an avatar for a few, though; you're right about that at least. I found it honest.

You're just an incredibly bitter old man who acts like a teenager as he stews in his own vitriol.

I find nothing about you honest or worthwhile and you rarely contribute anything intelligent to any political thread.

I'm the furthest thing from "bitter", kiddo.. but thanks once again for your insightful posts.

BriarFox
02-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Mmmkay.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-soVO-Bf1reg/TdkssW7vdiI/AAAAAAAAAXg/zctnarFGp9E/s1600/denial.jpg

Androidpk
02-21-2012, 01:01 PM
I find nothing about you honest or worthwhile and you rarely contribute anything intelligent to any political thread.

I'm the furthest thing from "bitter", kiddo.. but thanks once again for your insightful posts.

You are an old man and a fool!

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 01:51 PM
You are an old man and a fool!

Easy Hollister....

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Mmmkay.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-er3AmNgsRjE/TWB-qHRDbbI/AAAAAAAAAPQ/m0jHc3OKSHo/s400/hypocrite2.jpg

BriarFox
02-21-2012, 02:40 PM
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/rrjudkins/political-debate.jpg

Androidpk
02-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Easy Hollister....

It's from Thor.. And don't steal Rob's jabs, especially the bad ones.

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 02:49 PM
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/rrjudkins/political-debate.jpg

Like I previously stated, you are simply not worth my effort. If I were to put any effort into it, I would simply change the man to a little angry child begging for attention, photoshop a picture of a pile of shit and put it on the flag, and change the name to "BriarFox, PhD, MMD, LDP, PDQ, FYZ, ETC"

Or I could just post your picture of you sipping tea.. like a very fancy, special boy.

But like I said.. not worth my effort.

BriarFox
02-21-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm impressed by your recent vocabulary work, PB. Usually, you stick to "boy" and "shit" for your insults, but this time you've broken out the big words, like "fancy" and "special." An A for you.

Fallen
02-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Meh.

Androidpk
02-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Meh.

Because... refer to post #66.

Ryvicke
02-21-2012, 03:23 PM
PK feller, I don't think enough people saw Thor or remember one thing about it to justify quoting it.

PB feller, I herd on the fox news that posting your picture online is the first way the queers and the jews find out where you live. Good learnin on Briar.

Keller
02-21-2012, 03:35 PM
That's all there is to it.Isn't it more like having a royal flush in poker? He knows he has the winning hand, but if people are so sure that he's bluffing they're free to call. If, like PB, they're not really sure he's bluffing, they can fold.

Well said.

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm impressed by your recent vocabulary work, PB. Usually, you stick to "boy" and "shit" for your insults, but this time you've broken out the big words, like "fancy" and "special." An A for you.

And yet, I'm not impressed by your typical "old" and "bitter" 3rd grade level insults...

A "D" for you... D as in Dumb, Dipshit, Dork, Dicksmoker, Dildo, Douche, Dyke and my all time favorite Douchewaffle.

Keller
02-21-2012, 03:40 PM
While we're listing names of people that could be ClydeR, I'd say Tea&Strumpets just because it irritates him, but he's not here anymore.

For the record, I think it is the liberal lawyer from NYC that quit posting a few years ago. I forget his handle.

AnticorRifling
02-21-2012, 03:42 PM
For the record, I think it is the liberal lawyer from NYC that quit posting a few years ago. I forget his handle.

TheE still posts here.

Fallen
02-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Do you know who Clyde is via your admin powers, Anticor?

Keller
02-21-2012, 03:44 PM
TheE still posts here.

TheE is from Texas.

Tgo01
02-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Official votes for real person behind Clyder is:

Tea&Strumpets: .5
a liberal lawyer from NYC: .5

I think we can safely rule out Tabor now. Clyder already said he wants no part in Kranar's idea, I can't imagine Tabor would turn down 500 dollars for any reason.

AnticorRifling
02-21-2012, 03:47 PM
TheE is from Texas.

You spelled 7-11 wrong.

Keller
02-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Farquar is who I was thinking of.

AnticorRifling
02-21-2012, 03:48 PM
I think we can safely rule out Tabor now. Clyder already said he wants no part in Kranar's idea, I can't imagine Tabor would turn down 500 dollars for any reason.
Penis ponds ain't cheap.

BriarFox
02-21-2012, 04:05 PM
And yet, I'm not impressed by your typical "old" and "bitter" 3rd grade level insults...

A "D" for you... D as in Dumb, Dipshit, Dork, Dicksmoker, Dildo, Douche, Dyke and my all time favorite Douchewaffle.

I am an adult, you doodyhead! http://blog.timesunion.com/kristi/files/2011/04/child-600x400.jpg

:thinking:

Kembal
02-21-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm not interested in your Romneyesque type bet. Sorry, this isn't a bet I'm going to take.. not that I don't believe you aren't ClydeR, but that you have the ability to create a ClydeR to be someone other than you. Like Tgo01 already stated, you could simply get someone to take $500 to say they were also posting as ClydeR.

So, you're going to pass up a chance to verify your theory and basically say your theory is unverifiable, but insist that it's absolutely true anyway.

Can I order you a tinfoil hat?

Androidpk
02-21-2012, 04:20 PM
PK feller, I don't think enough people saw Thor or remember one thing about it to justify quoting it.

You are probably right. I love that line though, just for the sake that it makes my boy crack up when I say it to him. :D

Latrinsorm
02-21-2012, 04:51 PM

A "D" for you... D as in Dumb, Dipshit, Dork, Dicksmoker, Dildo, Douche, Dyke and my all time favorite Douchewaffle.But you're definitely not a homophobe.

What about Clove? He's into money stuff, and it seemed like ClydeR's most serious posting was about money stuff. The Clyde Tabor Wilson thing is pretty awesome, but it could be a red herring.

WRoss
02-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Clyde. Hero or vilian. You decide next on PC gossip news.

Atlanteax
02-21-2012, 05:09 PM
ClydeR = The Political Maverick of the GS4 Players' Corner

zhelas
02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
The events depicted in this resume are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental."

BriarFox
02-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Here ya go, PB. This image is the metaphorical expression of your posting style on the PC.

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/rrjudkins/parkbandit.jpg

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 07:59 PM
But you're definitely not a homophobe.

And you ascertained this over posts on the Internet.. or can you now read minds?

Do you even know what the term means?

What about Clove? He's into money stuff, and it seemed like ClydeR's most serious posting was about money stuff. The Clyde Tabor Wilson thing is pretty awesome, but it could be a red herring.

He's not a liberal.. he was never in the running.

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Here ya go, PB. This image is the metaphorical expression of your posting style on the PC.

Come on.. you have a PhD... you can do better.

Put forth some effort.

Edited to add: Nevermind.. I just went through all of your posts on this thread.. you can't do any better.

BriarFox
02-21-2012, 08:10 PM
The truth is a simple thing in this case.

You're pretty obsessed with my credentials, though, aren't you? And you saved the avatar photo I used three years ago?

Oh, my

Warriorbird
02-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Farquar and Clove are both excellent guesses.

Clove thinks PB is fucking annoying and he's definitely capable of extended argument with him.

I said T&S just because it was hilarious and it bothered him. The current equivalent would be Tgo1.

Tgo01
02-21-2012, 08:36 PM
I said T&S just because it was hilarious and it bothered him. The current equivalent would be Tgo1.

Wait what?

Rinualdo
02-21-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm surprised that no one has thrown out PB=ClydeR yet.

Warriorbird
02-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Wait what?

See! Take a reasonably sane Republican and accuse him of being ClydeR. Hilarity ensues.

Back
02-21-2012, 09:08 PM

It would bother T&S but Tgo1 is nowhere near equivalent. Not even close.

Warriorbird
02-21-2012, 09:09 PM

Yeah. Subtle satire of how we view Republicans.

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 09:18 PM
The truth is a simple thing in this case.

You're pretty obsessed with my credentials, though, aren't you? And you saved the avatar photo I used three years ago?

Oh, my

No, it illustrated my point perfectly from your previous posts in this thread.

Keep up, dipshit.

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 09:20 PM

The only thing dumber than believing I am ClydeR is believing you are the first to propose such stupidity.

Grats.

BriarFox
02-21-2012, 09:32 PM
PB's like a porcupine. He only knows how to be bristly and offensive. Even ClydeR's blatant irony is beyond him.

Back
02-21-2012, 09:54 PM
PB's like a porcupine.

I'm pretty sure porcupines have much lower insecurity than PB does.

Parkbandit
02-21-2012, 09:58 PM
PB's like a porcupine. He only knows how to be bristly and offensive. Even ClydeR's blatant irony is beyond him.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldz4ffvB2Q1qfi1wpo1_400.gif

BriarFox
02-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Nope. You don't even come close to making me mad, buddy.

Keller
02-21-2012, 11:59 PM
So is PB going to take the bet or what?

Mohrgan
02-22-2012, 02:51 AM

And show intellectual integrity? :goodluck:

Parkbandit
02-22-2012, 07:54 AM

L2Read?

BriarFox
02-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Or, in other words, even PB doesn't believe what comes out of his mouth.

Parkbandit
02-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Or, in other words, even PB doesn't believe what comes out of his mouth.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/you%20mad/grand/110eqo3.gif

BriarFox
02-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Seriously? Here's you.

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/rrjudkins/parkbandittroll.jpg

Parkbandit
02-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Seriously? Here's you.

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/rrjudkins/parkbandittroll.jpg

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/you%20mad/grand/you_mad_gif.gif

BriarFox
02-22-2012, 08:08 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n8a-iQAxMu4/TieCBAwhUxI/AAAAAAAAGXw/BzJNsrgUJik/s1600/Einstein%2BInsanity.gif

Parkbandit
02-22-2012, 08:20 AM
http://images.wikia.com/icarly/images/d/d9/Umad.gif

BriarFox
02-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Glad that's confirmed.

Poor Kranar. He tried to treat you like an adult, and all he got for his trouble was the demonstration that you're afraid to back up anything you say.

Parkbandit
02-22-2012, 08:32 AM
http://www.gifflix.com/files/d6a8035357e8.gif

BriarFox
02-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Most people Parkbandit's age have outgrown this phase. At least parents can usually keep their kids from making complete fools of themselves.

AnticorRifling
02-22-2012, 08:52 AM
But when you do the exact same behavior it's not bad though right? lol

You guys just need to sex it up and be done with it.

BriarFox
02-22-2012, 08:54 AM
But when you do the exact same behavior it's not bad though right? lol

You guys just need to sex it up and be done with it.

You're painting with a pretty broad brush there.

AnticorRifling
02-22-2012, 09:04 AM
And yet I still manage to paint a picture that is accurate.

Don't hate.

BriarFox
02-22-2012, 09:12 AM
And yet I still manage to paint a picture that is accurate.

Don't hate.

You can paint the moon as a styrofoam ball next, if you like. That's accurate, too -- kinda.

Rinualdo
02-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Anticor has a valid point. PB is acting in his usual way. He finds something he disagrees with, calls people stupid or some variation of, and then starts posting ridiculous gifs. You're acting like a child; enabling him and perpetuating the behavior.

Just walk away from the keyboard.

BriarFox
02-22-2012, 09:22 AM
What I was doing was pointing out PB's unwillingness to stand up for his beliefs, his continuous resort to ad hominem attacks in lieu of an actual argument, and the irony of someone his age priding himself on trolling (badly).

If that's what you all think, though, then sure, I'm done.

Keller
02-22-2012, 09:38 AM
L2Read?

I see. So you puss'd out.

Liagala
02-22-2012, 10:34 AM
You're painting with a pretty broad brush there.
I'm sorry to say it, but he's absolutely right. The pair of you have spent the last 5 pages going, "No U!" like a three year old who hasn't learned any better form of argument yet.

Jonty
02-22-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry to say it, but he's absolutely right. The pair of you have spent the last 5 pages going, "No U!" like a three year old who hasn't learned any better form of argument yet.

:yeahthat:

As I was reading this read, I just kept wondering why either of you cared so much about having the last word in this ridiculously stupid conversation. PB's relentless interest in the Kranar/ClydeR conspiracy theory is retarded in and of itself. Anyone reading it can figure that out for themselves. Why is there a need to point anything out? The back and forth posts calling each other stoopid just makes you both look childish. It's the fucking internet.... You're not going to win anything here.

Parkbandit
02-22-2012, 11:59 AM
What I was doing was pointing out PB's unwillingness to stand up for his beliefs, his continuous resort to ad hominem attacks in lieu of an actual argument, and the irony of someone his age priding himself on trolling (badly).

If that's what you all think, though, then sure, I'm done.

No, what I was doing was pointing out your utter hypocrisy.. then when you continued, I simply started posting gifs because it wasn't worthy of any real effort on my part.

Go back to the beginning.. you initiated this entire drama by your juvenile remarks. If you want to point blame, look straight in the mirror.

Parkbandit
02-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Like it was ever going to happen any other way. The bet did its work.

What work would that be?

Why would I make a bet with the administrator on this forum regarding the identity of a poster? It's far too easy for him to get someone to claim he was ClydeR and he knows this. Add onto that a bet that he knew I wouldn't accept and "poof" he's 'no longer' ClydeR.

His overcompensation confirmed to me that I am right.

Warriorbird
02-22-2012, 12:23 PM
What work would that be?

Why would I make a bet with the administrator on this forum regarding the identity of a poster? It's far too easy for him to get someone to claim he was ClydeR and he knows this. Add onto that a bet that he knew I wouldn't accept and "poof" he's 'no longer' ClydeR.

http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files//2010/07/jump_the_shark1.png

Kembal
02-22-2012, 01:02 PM
What work would that be?

Please note that no one else so far appears to have that same feeling of "confirmation."

However, I am curious that you kept posting that Kranar, as ClydeR, was going after Romney because he was Mormon and Kranar was Muslim, even though Kranar had posted over a month ago that he had become an atheist over 4 years ago. Aren't you ignoring facts placed into evidence then?

Parkbandit
02-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Please note that no one else so far appears to have that same feeling of "confirmation."

Notice the phrase "His overcompensation confirmed to me that I am right." This was on purpose, specifically, as to not imply anything else.

However, I am curious that you kept posting that Kranar, as ClydeR, was going after Romney because he was Mormon and Kranar was Muslim, even though Kranar had posted over a month ago that he had become an atheist over 4 years ago. Aren't you ignoring facts placed into evidence then?

Could you point to a post of mine that stated that Kranar (or ClydeR) is a Muslim? If I did, I made a mistake.

Kranar tends to post in a manner that is more sympathetic towards Muslims, while not affording the same type of empathy towards other religious organizations.

Kembal
02-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Notice the phrase "His overcompensation confirmed to me that I am right." This was on purpose, specifically, as to not imply anything else.

I didn't think you were implying anything else. Just wanted to make sure it's clear that you haven't exactly convinced anyone here of your theory either.

Could you point to a post of mine that stated that Kranar (or ClydeR) is a Muslim? If I did, I made a mistake.

Kranar tends to post in a manner that is more sympathetic towards Muslims, while not affording the same type of empathy towards other religious organizations.

While I am not certain as to whether you knew Kranar had become an atheist prior to Jan. 19 of this year, you did make a post asserting he was a Muslim zealot in November of last year.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1359907&postcount=3

And asked him whether he knew of a true religion besides Islam on Dec. 4.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1361570&postcount=11

The only time I've seen Kranar post on the subject of religion is on that thread from 2010. And his posts weren't really much about religion. If you've got something else that he's posted, feel free to cite. (obviously, posts by ClydeR aren't going to convince me of anything.)

Keller
02-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Is it too late to change my vote from Farquar to Latrinsorm?

Warriorbird
02-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Is it too late to change my vote from Farquar to Latrinsorm?

No.

Kranar
02-22-2012, 04:48 PM
In all honesty I don't hate Mormons, I don't even know why I feel like I have to say that. I can't think of a single time I've said anything negative about Mormons or any other religion on here in the past 4-5 years (assuming I'm not ClydeR of course). There was definitely a time when I was religious and it's quite possible I would have expressed negative views towards people of other faiths. That would have been wrong, but really, things change especially over 4-5 years.

The purpose of the bet was to make light of this issue, and I probably screwed that up. I know PB is well to do, I'm fairly well to do, so I figured we could end this ClydeR/Kranar pseudo rivalry by making a donation to a cause we both like. Obviously it was misinterpreted.

The biggest nuisance out of all this is, well... PB has been a member of these forums for so unbelievably long and is one of the most prominent members that I guess I just find it weird that after 10 years of running this place he'd decide to go all on the offensive against me because of a very very strange theory than I'm ClydeR. I know we've had heated differences in the past but I assumed there was always a level of respect between us, I mean when I was broke as hell, it was PB who made a very generous donation to the PC to keep it going and I certainly respected him for doing that.

That's why I said I find it annoying and mostly awkward, not that he has this theory I'm ClydeR, but the rather aggressive nature of this theory. But really... it's silly and it's not the end of the world, I'm making a much bigger deal out of this than I should.

I have to say... to the real ClydeR, you certainly have managed to shake things up here, so kudos to you Mr. Mystery Man.

Heck at this point I probably deserve to be trolled over this issue.

Keller
02-22-2012, 04:57 PM
No.

Ok. Then it is definitely Latrinsorm.

Parkbandit
02-22-2012, 05:02 PM
The biggest nuisance out of all this is, well... PB has been a member of these forums for so unbelievably long and is one of the most prominent members that I guess I just find it weird that after 10 years of running this place he'd decide to go all on the offensive against me because of a very very strange theory than I'm ClydeR. I know we've had heated differences in the past but I assumed there was always a level of respect between us

If it's really not you posting as ClydeR, then I apologize for hurting your feelings this badly. That wasn't my intention.. it was for you to simply come clean. Like you already stated, it would be pretty irresponsible of you to play this game on this forum. I have very little respect for an individual who cannot debate his/her side by their own merits.

Again, if it's not you, then I do apologize.

Latrinsorm
02-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Is it too late to change my vote from Farquar to Latrinsorm?Would I have been able to resist a complicated and largely pointless mathematical post for this long under my alleged ClydeR persona?

Keller
02-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Would I have been able to resist a complicated and largely pointless mathematical post for this long under my alleged ClydeR persona?

What post?

Latrinsorm
02-22-2012, 11:32 PM
What post?Making one, I mean. I am accidentally the whole thinging all over the place today.

4a6c1
02-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Goodness. What a laff. Nice to be back in nonsense land.